ESPN's Pigskin Pick'em

Necromancer

That wasn't NFL football this weekend. That was a league wide "Suck- A-Thon". The Texans beat the best team in the league last week, and then go out and out-suck the Raiders. Unbelievable!

I dare not look at the standings now.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 24 2008, 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Dec 24 2008, 07:18 PM)
After last Weeks embarrassing total score of 6 Bat Girl has made my Picks for this week laugh.gif

Turn in your man card. You are disqualified. laugh.gif

No a Real Man isn't afraid to let a real women take over for Him. biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Dec 26 2008, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 24 2008, 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Dec 24 2008, 07:18 PM)
After last Weeks embarrassing total score of 6 Bat Girl has made my Picks for this week laugh.gif

Turn in your man card. You are disqualified. laugh.gif

No a Real Man isn't afraid to let a real women take over for Him. biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

Yeah, when I was in the hospital, CeeJ made my pics too. She did better than I usually do. sad.gif

So....is that it? Me and LCC tied for first after 17 weeks....are there playoffs? Or do we simply share the dubious distinction of being The Champion Players most knowledgable football fans? Do we get a prize?

:-D

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Dec 29 2008, 10:52 AM)
So....is that it? Me and LCC tied for first after 17 weeks....are there playoffs? Or do we simply share the dubious distinction of being The Champion Players most knowledgable football fans? Do we get a prize?

:-D

no.gif

No prize. Sorry. The only way we could do that is if we put money aside each week from everyone. I dunno how feasible that is online. I'm seeing that it's tough enough to collect from everyone in the work league I ran.

So ... should we come up with a playoff system for you guys? Or are you cool with sharing it?

I'm thinking the winner could put something in his sig. A trophy or something that we could make here?

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Dec 30 2008, 02:50 AM)
I was only joking about the prize. Just wasnt sure if the Pigskin Pick 'Em included any playoffs but it would seem to be over so I assume me and LCC tied for first place.

Actually, there IS a tie breaker system on there. I don't know if it is embedded in the game or not though. I don't know if you use the last tie-breaker of the season to determine the winner... or even how it works really. I'm gonna look into that today. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm hoping this extends out to the playoffs. This has been fun.

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 30 2008, 08:57 AM)
I'm hoping this extends out to the playoffs. This has been fun.

Well, perhaps not. The ESPN Pigskin page clearly says "Thanks for your interest in Pigskin Pick'em. This year's game has ended."

sad.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 30 2008, 09:04 AM)
No reason why we can't extend it ourselves right here though.

Who's up for that?

I'm game. 1287.gif My home pc is down though and the only access I have is at work. I guess I can make my picks for this week today or tomorrow morning.

bumper.gif

Hey is there a pigskin pick'em thing going on this year?

You should still be able to fill out an entry in ESPN for week 1...you'll just miss the Vikings-Saints game.

I'd create a TRF group there but can't do it from my iphone on the mobile ESPN site.

Let's go with an ESPN one. Should I start it?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 10 2010, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 10 2010, 04:55 PM)
Let's go with an ESPN one.  Should I start it?

Sure bro go for it trink39.gif

Shit I just thought of something. I entered last night's game so I'm a point ahead of everyone else. What should I do?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 10 2010, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 10 2010, 07:13 PM)
Okay try this and let me know if it works...

http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin/en/group?groupID=26483&

TRF League

Password:  Caravan

I'm in new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Cool.... it worked!! trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif