Any Fans of Dark Shadows here?

PanaceaFish

Even though I wasn't old enough for it's first run, I was fortunate enough to have gotten to catch just about every episode when the Sci-Fi Channel used to air it in the mornings, about 6 years ago...I wish they'd bring it back, as I can't afford to buy the series on DVD at the moment!

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 06:03 PM)
Even though I wasn't old enough for it's first run, I was fortunate enough to have gotten to catch just about every episode when the Sci-Fi Channel used to air it in the mornings, about 6 years ago...I wish they'd bring it back, as I can't afford to buy the series on DVD at the moment!

OMG!! I remember it very clearly growing up, especially the late 60's when I was living in Missouri for a few yrs. My mother watched it with a passion so we had no choice. I would have nightmares about the show at night and when the weather was really bad it was even worse laugh.gif Thinking Barnabas Collins was in the closet or under my bed unsure.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 06:24 PM)
I always liked Angelique (the witch), when ever she cast her spells, that creepy music that played!!

Yeah, that music alway's came to mind when the rain and trees were slamming the outside of the house at night. Scaring the sh** out of me laugh.gif

I'll bet if I has seen this show when I was younger, it'd have the same effect on me, but then again, I'm a horror buff, so maybe not??

Another thing I remember is Quenten Collins, and his portrait, ala Dorian Gray... Too cool!

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 06:43 PM)
I'll bet if I has seen this show when I was younger, it'd have the same effect on me, but then again, I'm a horror buff, so maybe not??

Another thing I remember is Quenten Collins, and his portrait, ala Dorian Gray... Too cool!

laugh.gif Well, if the storms outside were just to much. Or me thinking something was in the closet unsure.gif cat.gif rofl3.gif At some point, I would just get up and sleep with my older brother biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Edited by troutman

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 07:12 PM)
My sister used to have a board game, in which you had to assemble the skeleton that glowed in the dark, or something like that...I bet I could find it on e-Bay somewhere...

Here's the theme song, I still love this:

Dark Shadows Theme

OMG ohmy.gif I am listening to it and I have goosebumps rofl3.gif Thanks for reminding me unsure.gif laugh.gif Now I will have to listen to it over and over. I sure hope I can sleep tonight tongue.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 07:42 PM)
KEWL! I found the game my sis had on e-Bay!

Ghod, I remember this, even if I never really played it, lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barnabas-Collins-Dark-...-Milton-Bradley

rofl3.gif I remember that. A friend had it laugh.gif Boy 1969, that was a great year for me, the memories. biggrin.gif BTW.. I have listened to the song 10 times now laugh.gif trink39.gif

Shite, most of the links on the sites I have are no longer working, I don't think I'll find those themes, but I can keep trying!

But I did find a pic of Collinwood I had saved:

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/174/collinwoodbh5.jpg

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 09:08 PM)
Shite, most of the links on the sites I have are no longer working, I don't think I'll find those themes, but I can keep trying!

very cool biggrin.gif

Ohhh YAY very awesome!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

here is a picture of the old house. wub.gif

Always loved it!!

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv107/amyduprescollins/oldhouse.jpg

Edited by Miss Amy

QUOTE (Miss Amy @ Jun 20 2009, 05:56 PM)
Ohhh YAY very awesome!!
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
here is a picture of the old house. wub.gif
Always loved it!!
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv107/amyduprescollins/oldhouse.jpg

ME TOO!!

I always wanted to live in it...

And, lookie what I found!

http://www.tv.com/dark-shadows/show/2374/summary.html

I guess we'll get to watch these old eps again, after all... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah hehee its a wonder to live there. smile.gif

Schweett!!! Great finding!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Bravo you!!

oh bugger... *sigh* well a lot of the older part of the series are found on YT but it's not in the best of quality unsure.gif

Still its somthing. smile.gif

QUOTE (Miss Amy @ Jun 20 2009, 06:18 PM)
oh bugger... *sigh* well a lot of the older part of the series are found on YT but it's not in the best of quality unsure.gif
Still its somthing. smile.gif

Yeah, I suppose so... unsure.gif

I just watched the bit where Willie opens Barnabas' coffin, and gets grabbd by the throat, but with the shite monitor I have, it's awfully dark...

Yeah, I suppose so... 

I just watched the bit where Willie opens Barnabas' coffin, and gets grabbd by the throat, but with the shite monitor I have, it's awfully dark...

Ah very important scene too. yes.gif

One thing was I am glad they switched actor with character of Willie. I always found that Karlen fit the character bettter.

Hmmm hope there is another version that would work unsure.gif

Edited by Miss Amy

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 6 2008, 01:08 AM)

This is the Carey Mansion in Newport, Rhode Island - - now part of Salve Regina University where I got my Masters. The building is perfectly preserved and wonderful!!!

I just found this thread. I am thrilled!!!

I have always adored Dark Shadows! I used to run home from school to catch every episode - - showing my age a bit, eh!?!?!

Dark Shadows was one of my first inspirations into the Gothic World - - and I've stayed there! - - my students call me "GOTH FOR LIFE"!!!

I still have Quentin's theme on an old 45 record - - just need a new turn-table to play it!

DS was the best soap opera on television! When a character died, unlike on other shows, we always knew the actor would return in another form, time-zone or dimension!!!

We all wanted Josette's hair, Daphne's mystery - - remember the smell of lilacs?!?, and Angelique's power!

Barnabus' cane and ring - - Quentin's lambchop sideburns - - Willie's foolishness . . .

. . . and we all learned to despise the nasty preacher, "Reverend" Trask!!!

Great memories!!! Thanks!

Hare biggrin.gif

I wasn't a huge fan, but I watched it off and on. I also had this model kit when I was a lad and Barnabus sat on my shelf for about five years until my friends and I blew him up with firecrackers (you know the equation, young boys + firecrackers + boredom = stuff gets blown up!):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/BSRlgVQBGkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLl0WegBKCYyT.jpg