A...slight addition to The Granite Grady!

LakesideMaiden

Okay, so I had sent my "Baby's First Rush Show" shirt into the V with a self-addressed, stamped package to return it in, asking for it to be autographed....well, I got the package back today. The shirt wasn't autographed sad.gif

but...

Inside, with the shirt, was THIS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/The%20Granite%20Grady/Autograph.jpg

I guess they didn't want to sign the shirt? confused13.gif But, they gave me a tour book, with their signatures on it heart.gif 2.gif heart.gif

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not selling it to anyone. This is priceless to me and I will never, ever even comprehend selling it. Sorry.

If they (or anyone with them) read this, I just want them to know that I LOVE THIS WONDERFUL GIFT & THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

LakesideMaiden

aka Kath

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AWESOME!!! I was going to try to get either some tour books signed or a few vinyls next tour. Im leaning toward the vinyls cause I like to look at the tour books too much.

Cool! I'm sending the booklet that came with the S&A Live album - I am hoping beyond hope that each one will sign "his" page on it. I am also sending a copy of Roadshow for Neil to sign. I won't care if they all sign it, though.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jul 14 2008, 09:33 PM)
AWESOME!!! I was going to try to get either some tour books signed or a few vinyls next tour. Im leaning toward the vinyls cause I like to look at the tour books too much.

That's when you buy 2 tour books - one to look at and one for them to sign wink.gif The vinyl is pretty hard to replace, man - I wouldn't want to risk losing it...

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 14 2008, 09:43 PM)
Cool! I'm sending the booklet that came with the S&A Live album - I am hoping beyond hope that each one will sign "his" page on it. I am also sending a copy of Roadshow for Neil to sign. I won't care if they all sign it, though.

Nice biggrin.gif I was thinking about sending Traveling Music for Neil to sign, but didn't want to risk losing it if for some reason the V decided to toss the package out...thankfully, I got my shirt back, even though they didn't sign it. It means a lot to me smile.gif It was the shirt from my baby's first ever 2.gif show wub.gif

3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

LakesideMaiden, Der Trommler

bekloppt.gif wub.gif

Hi baby! We's got 2.gif's autographs!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 14 2008, 09:02 PM)
Cool!  I'm sending the booklet that came with the S&A Live album - I am hoping beyond hope that each one will sign "his" page on it.  I am also sending a copy of Roadshow for Neil to sign.  I won't care if they all sign it, though.

Nice biggrin.gif I was thinking about sending Traveling Music for Neil to sign, but didn't want to risk losing it if for some reason the V decided to toss the package out...thankfully, I got my shirt back, even though they didn't sign it. It means a lot to me smile.gif It was the shirt from my baby's first ever 2.gif show wub.gif

I assume the baby is getting lots of exposure to Rush while still in utero? Start 'em young, you know! laugh.gif

(I also assume you aren't naming the baby "Geddy". Especially if it's a girl).

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 14 2008, 10:09 PM)
Cool!  I'm sending the booklet that came with the S&A Live album - I am hoping beyond hope that each one will sign "his" page on it.  I am also sending a copy of Roadshow for Neil to sign.  I won't care if they all sign it, though.

I assume the baby is getting lots of exposure to Rush while still in utero? Start 'em young, you know! laugh.gif

laugh.gif yes to the mucho 2.gif exposure in utero, but, no the baby isnt being named Geddy...that would just be....weird laugh.gif

We are having a boy heart.gif His name is Niall (pronounced Nee-All) Aiden wub.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 14 2008, 09:12 PM)

laugh.gif yes to the mucho 2.gif exposure in utero, but, no the baby isnt being named Geddy...that would just be....weird laugh.gif

We are having a boy heart.gif His name is Niall (pronounced Nee-All) Aiden wub.gif

I like it! (Very close to Neil wub.gif wub.gif ! laugh.gif )

That's a poetic-sounding name - seriously. Congratulations on the new addition!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 14 2008, 08:59 PM)
Okay, so I had sent my "Baby's First Rush Show" shirt into the V with a self-addressed, stamped package to return it in, asking for it to be autographed....well, I got the package back today. The shirt wasn't autographed sad.gif

but...

Inside, with the shirt, was THIS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/The%20Granite%20Grady/Autograph.jpg

I guess they didn't want to sign the shirt? confused13.gif But, they gave me a tour book, with their signatures on it heart.gif 2.gif heart.gif

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not selling it to anyone. This is priceless to me and I will never, ever even comprehend selling it. Sorry.

If they (or anyone with them) read this, I just want them to know that I LOVE THIS WONDERFUL GIFT & THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

LakesideMaiden
aka Kath

This is the reason I love this band. I want to personally thank the band for this amazing gift!

bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif 6 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):

Tortoise and Hare, LakesideMaiden, Der Trommler wub.gif wub.gif

UBER-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

We're sooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!! drool1.gif

Man, WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!

BTW: I spend enormous energies really trying not to over-excite you schla03.gif . . .

I suppress my inordinately exhuberant desires to jump, scream, and grab people . . . bncegrn.gif

AND GEDDY GETS THE BRIGHT IDEA TO SEND YOU HIS SIGNATURE!!!!!!! . . . wacko.gif

Whatever was he thinking of, eh?!?!?!? wub.gif

bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif Can I see it? Can I see it? Can I see it? bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

hug2.gif hug2.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 14 2008, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 14 2008, 09:12 PM)

I like it! (Very close to Neil wub.gif wub.gif ! laugh.gif )

That's a poetic-sounding name - seriously. Congratulations on the new addition!

laugh.gif yes it is - but I don't want anyone to think that Neil Peart had any bearing on our child's name - when we were going thru the baby name book, that name just jumped out at both of us...and so did Aiden...and so, there ya go smile.gif

and thanks!! I think it sounds pretty poetic too wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 14 2008, 10:23 PM)
Awesome !!!!! bekloppt.gif

Thanks, Blonde!! hug2.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 14 2008, 10:26 PM)
This is the reason I love this band. I want to personally thank the band for this amazing gift!

Well, one of the reasons anyhow wub.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 14 2008, 10:30 PM)
bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif 6 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):
Tortoise and Hare, LakesideMaiden, Der Trommler wub.gif wub.gif

We're sooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!! drool1.gif

Man, WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!

BTW: I spend enormous energies really trying not to over-excite you schla03.gif . . .

I suppress my inordinately exhuberant desires to jump, scream, and grab people . . . bncegrn.gif

AND GEDDY GETS THE BRIGHT IDEA TO SEND YOU HIS SIGNATURE!!!!!!! . . . wacko.gif

Whatever was he thinking of, eh?!?!?!? wub.gif

bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif Can I see it? Can I see it? Can I see it? bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

hug2.gif hug2.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Thanks guys, and we had to, of course, call you as we were opening the package laugh.gif Do you know how tough it was for me to wait for Der Trom to get off work to open it?????? I was literally almost pulling my hair out!!

Can you see it? laugh.gif Here it is again 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 14 2008, 10:38 PM)
very, very cool. i got 2 items signed from the last leg. a mini poster and 8x10.no neil though???  not complaining.

Thanks Glenn! I wouldn't be complaining either! You got to meet Ged & Al twice!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 14 2008, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 14 2008, 10:30 PM)
bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif 6 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):
Tortoise and Hare, LakesideMaiden, Der Trommler wub.gif  wub.gif

We're sooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!  drool1.gif

Man, WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!

BTW:  I spend enormous energies really trying not to over-excite you  schla03.gif . . . 

I suppress my inordinately exhuberant desires to jump, scream, and grab people . . .  bncegrn.gif

AND GEDDY GETS THE BRIGHT IDEA TO SEND YOU HIS SIGNATURE!!!!!!! . . .  wacko.gif

Whatever was he thinking of, eh?!?!?!?  wub.gif

bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  Can I see it?  Can I see it?  Can I see it? bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif

hug2.gif  hug2.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Thanks guys, and we had to, of course, call you as we were opening the package laugh.gif Do you know how tough it was for me to wait for Der Trom to get off work to open it?????? I was literally almost pulling my hair out!!

Can you see it? laugh.gif Here it is again 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I was just thinking - - this is gonna be one hell-of-a story to tell Niall wub.gif someday!!!!

He may just have to claim the tour book, you know - - seeing as he started the whole scenario!!!!! wink.gif

laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 14 2008, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 14 2008, 10:35 PM)

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Thanks guys, and we had to, of course, call you as we were opening the package laugh.gif  Do you know how tough it was for me to wait for Der Trom to get off work to open it??????  I was literally almost pulling my hair out!!

Can you see it?  laugh.gif  Here it is again 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I was just thinking - - this is gonna be one hell-of-a story to tell Niall wub.gif someday!!!!

He may just have to claim the tour book, you know - - seeing as he started the whole scenario!!!!! wink.gif

laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Hmmm....I'll have to think about that laugh.gif The shirt would have been one thing, cause that really would have been his....maybe when he's old enough to appreciate it? confused13.gif

QUOTE (The_Analog_Kid @ Jul 14 2008, 11:07 PM)
that is so kool!

Thanks!! biggrin.gif

^^^You need to wait until he's at least old enough to NOT try to put it in his mouth! Maybe until he's past the "I'm going to tear this paper because it sounds cool and gets me attention" phase too! wink.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 14 2008, 11:13 PM)
^^^You need to wait until he's at least old enough to NOT try to put it in his mouth! Maybe until he's past the "I'm going to tear this paper because it sounds cool and gets me attention" phase too! wink.gif

laugh.gif yeah - it's already framed laugh.gif

I want my tats signed. . . .I have to figure out how to ship myself to Hershey Stadium in PA.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Photo%20Fun/Tortoiseinabox.jpg

Think this might work?

Tortoise 1287.gif

Archived