Portland Show 6-1-08

rushfan1966

Well I'm sorry this took a day or two longer to write, but here it goes!!

The day started off very slow as I had gotten home from the Gorge show at 4am and I was back up at 7am. After many cups of coffee and an Iced Mocha my buddy showed up and we were off to Portland!!!

It took a little longer to drive down since I had to stop often for return of the rental coffee!! I also needed to rent more!!

We got to the Park and Ride meet-up at 4:30pm where we meet with Lady April, Ya Big Tree, Rolinda Bones, AlsGalPal, and a couple of others, not forgetting you on purpose, like I said no sleep!! Had a real nice time talking to everyone, and again I want to thank everyone for inviting me!!

Just before we were leaving for the show I was drinking a Sparks, energy drink with alcohol, and I got busted by some official looking lady. She was nice and gave me a chance to finish it and take the other ones that I had with me to the car. That would have really sucked if I had not been able to go!!!

I'll pause for a station break!!!!

On to the show!!!!

My buddy had only seen RUSH one other time but, I let him have my copy of Snakes and Arrows Live so he could get to know the songs. He said that he liked most of them, silly guy, you don't like RUSH you love RUSH!!!

We had 18th row just Alex's side of center. I must say I have never been to the Clark County Amphitheater, but this is a nice venue!! I was up walking around trying to get pictures before the show started, I got a few but, it was already 7:30 and thought that I should get back to my seat.

The opening video starts and I was now for the first time all day wide awake!!! They started into Limelight and the hair on the back of my neck was tingling!! I love that song!! I was doing my very best air drumming, as last night I had my son on my shoulders at the Gorge show and had to be more careful!! The first set was great. I did notice a couple mistakes in Red Barchetta, but as many times as I have heard it live and on the CD, it was still difficult to pick out. Not that I was trying!! Someone said it at intermission and I thought about it and agreed. The new stuff plays very well live, I think. Of course I am a big fan of Snakes and Arrows anyway. Natural Science rocked just like the night before, although I though the sound was clearer in Portland.

Time for another commercial.....Stay Tuned!!!

Second Half of the Show...

The new video at the start of the second half is great!! "Oh What is That Smell" Anyway, I will say again that I think the new material plays very well live!! They nailed Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels, and Armour and Sword. They sounded better tonight also. Neils drum solo was awesome. I was wondering if anyone else saw what I saw. There very a large tear in the drumhead at the end of the solo. In fact the solo was a bit different than the night before, at the end anyway. Then Alex comes out and just jams is ass off on Hope.....Wow!!!!

I have said this before and so have many other people, I wish they had done some different changes to the setlist. That being said, the songs that were added played very well, both with the crowd and with them!!

I thought that they were having a blast all night.

My last few comments, I promise!! First, the first song in the encore, One Little Victory was definitely off. Neil was off on his timing and then both Alex and Geddy had to, I guess you could say, ad-lib, but by the middle of the song it sounded really good!! I think that was the most noticable mistake all night. Second, I want to thank you all for reading my review and welcoming me on this forum. I have had fun so far, and I know I will continue to have fun as long as I can.

You all Take Care!!!!

2.gif The Best Band in the World

Awesome 66!! laugh.gif The sound was good in Clark County because it had walls rofl3.gif It didn't blow off in the wind like Geddy's hair and everything else like at the Gorge! trink39.gif

I agree with this review, I've seen Rush the last two times they were here in 04 and 07 as well, and this show was easily the best of the three. Seemed a lot looser and more spontaneous, like the boys were having more fun. And "Red Barchetta" was just jaw-dropping.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 4 2008, 06:49 PM)
Awesome 66!! laugh.gif The sound was good in Clark County because it had walls rofl3.gif It didn't blow off in the wind like Geddy's hair and everything else like at the Gorge! trink39.gif

Thanks.......Your pictures were amazing 1022.gif trink36.gif

Archived