Ever been an extra?

I was in "Splash". There is a scene in a dance club and I'm one of the patrons on the dance floor. And yes, it was a long day. It was wierd because there is never any music. You just dance around.

I was also in a 1 hour special by Charles Kuralt called "North Carolina is My Home". I played a waiter that was serving him fancy food in a NY restaurant while he was dreaming of the country food back home in NC.

Now I'm just a lonely Weatherman on TV. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 22 2008, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ May 19 2008, 06:10 PM)
I was an extra in a 3 Doors Down video - they are from my neck of the woods, in case you didn't know...  wink.gif

It was for the song "When I'm Gone"... not the version that they officially released, but the original conceptual video which did not make the cut (didn't get released)... they did, however, have it posted on their website for a while (it was listed as an alternate vid for the song)...

The original video concept was of a funeral type nature... had a funeral procession (which I was in), and the band was being buried alive in a pit, while playing!  I could be seen in the vid, for a whole 1.5 seconds!  laugh.gif

Edit - Just checked - the video is no longer on their site anymore.

Cool! I thought I found it on YouTube but instead it was one of those super annoying worthless asswipe videos someone made that just plays the song and shows some pictures.

Yes, I have been searching youtube, trying to find it, but haven't come up with the alt version anywhere yet... it's got to be out there somewhere!

Not me, but my brother M. Carl Kaufman, was an extra on "Spenser: For Hire."

My brother is an actor and was living at the time in Boston, where "Spenser" is set and filmed. He played one of a handful of SWAT guys in the episode "Hawk's Eyes." He definitely got some good screen time in the background - more than the other extras playing SWAT guys. M. has also pointed out his friends to me in other TV shows and movies... his good friend Tony Foggia had a decent-size part in the Russell Crowe movie "A Beautiful Mind," which won Best Picture that year.

The Nicholson-Streep film "Ironweed," based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, was set and filmed in Albany. Everybody who lives here knows somebody who had something to do with the filming. Perhaps if I was older at the time, I'd have been in the movie. sad.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz