FA CUP IS SOON!!

Steevo

Anyone here gonna be watchin 2pm Sat UK time? I'm calling it 2-1 to Cardiff extra time. Go the underdogs!!! I've been waiting for a draw like this for ages. Actually, I'm surprised to see where Portsmouth have finished in the league this season, most of what I've seen them play has been utter shite. Anyways, go the Welsh boys new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Usual activity when it comes to the subject of Brit football laugh.gif No problem. Anyways, to anyone interested...1-0 to Portsmouth final score. To sum up...unfair, Cardiff played their asses off and it should've been a draw, then extra time to follow (where they prob would've lost). Lots of sad Welshmen roaming the streets today. Ok, thats another season done. Oh there's a Man U and Chelsea final soon too, hurrah!! K, quit talking to myself now fing.gif

Yup. I watched it. Wanted Cardiff to win before the game. The minute they booed the national anthem that went straight to Pompey and glad they did in the end.

In all seriousness though, Cardiff played the better, attractive football.. But Portsmouth proved they were a Premiership side by playing badly and still nicking one in the end.

At the end of the day I've always been of the attitude that if you didn't win, you didn't play well enough in the end anyway - regardless of luck and the other team.

QUOTE (nimagraven @ May 18 2008, 07:29 AM)
Yup. I watched it. Wanted Cardiff to win before the game. The minute they booed the national anthem that went straight to Pompey and glad they did in the end.

In all seriousness though, Cardiff played the better, attractive football.. But Portsmouth proved they were a Premiership side by playing badly and still nicking one in the end.

At the end of the day I've always been of the attitude that if you didn't win, you didn't play well enough in the end anyway - regardless of luck and the other team.

I thought Cardiff ran out of ideas towards the end of the game; just hoofing balls into the box. Ramsey had some good chances though.

As far as the booing goes, that was fair game. Unless I'm mistaken, you lot started the booing off, so as far as I, and probably most Welsh people are concerned, it was merely retaliation. I'm just happy with the fact we were able to sing louder than the booing, and boo louder than you lot singing smile.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ May 18 2008, 02:43 AM)
Usual activity when it comes to the subject of Brit football laugh.gif

There's a thread not even halfway down the page which has been going for years which is the British football thread.

It's just there isn't much for us to talk about when the season's ended tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 18 2008, 05:01 AM)

I thought Cardiff ran out of ideas towards the end of the game; just hoofing balls into the box. Ramsey had some good chances though.

As far as the booing goes, that was fair game. Unless I'm mistaken, you lot started the booing off, so as far as I, and probably most Welsh people are concerned, it was merely retaliation. I'm just happy with the fact we were able to sing louder than the booing, and boo louder than you lot singing smile.gif

So its a case of what monkey see, monkey do?

QUOTE (Kubla @ May 18 2008, 10:51 AM)

It is indeed.

It also seems to be a case of double standards from the English: 'We can boo you, but you can't boo us'

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 18 2008, 10:03 PM)

It's just there isn't much for us to talk about when the season's ended tongue.gif

Fair enough, thought there might be a bit of chat on the cup, may have missed it though biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 18 2008, 05:59 AM)
QUOTE (Kubla @ May 18 2008, 10:51 AM)

It is indeed.

It also seems to be a case of double standards from the English: 'We can boo you, but you can't boo us'

Sounds very childish to me. Typical football fans. No respect.

The irony is that most of the Cardiff team are not actually Welsh, and most of the Portsmouth team are not actually English.

Yup I know. I'm not condoning it. It's filthy. But I have to stick up for where I was born in the end. That pushes it in favour a little bit for me.

As for booing back, no I wouldn't. Not me personally.....

QUOTE (nimagraven @ May 18 2008, 03:28 PM)
Yup I know. I'm not condoning it. It's filthy. But I have to stick up for where I was born in the end. That pushes it in favour a little bit for me.

As for booing back, no I wouldn't. Not me personally.....

True, but ignoring the English booing as all but condoning them doing it.

Maybe this was the reason the FA didn't want the Welsh anthem played originally?

QUOTE (nimagraven @ May 18 2008, 08:33 PM)
I'm not ignoring it. I just said I'm not condoning it in my previous post. How does that say I'm ignoring it since I'm admitting it was there? tongue.gif

Well, originally you made no mention of not wanting Pompey to win because they booed an anthem. Aswell, the word 'But' could be seen as a contradictory device to your original point of not condoning both sets of fans doing it. Sorry, seems like you're turning a blind eye to the Pompey lot booing; acknowledging they're doing it, but not really doing anything about it.

Yeah, that made sense in my head laugh.gif

EDIT: I suppose what I was trying to say was, it's a little odd to criticise both sets of fans for doing it, but then sticking up for one lot.

I'm not sticking up for one lot based on the booing. I'm just saying because I'm English I'm naturally inclined to stick up for a English team because of nationality if the booing occurs. They're both as bad as each other.. But I'm English and so are Portsmouth, so I naturally swayed in their favour. It might seem hypocritical but I'm not bothered about that at all.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 18 2008, 04:05 PM)
I'm not ignoring it. I just said I'm not condoning it in my previous post. How does that say I'm ignoring it since I'm admitting it was there? tongue.gif

Well, originally you made no mention of not wanting Pompey to win because they booed an anthem. Aswell, the word 'But' could be seen as a contradictory device to your original point of not condoning both sets of fans doing it. Sorry, seems like you're turning a blind eye to the Pompey lot booing; acknowledging they're doing it, but not really doing anything about it.

EDIT: I suppose what I was trying to say was, it's a little odd to criticise both sets of fans for doing it, but then sticking up for one lot.

What has the behaviour of a few stupid fans got to do with what team you decide to support? confused13.gif

fing.gif

Last Wednesday, a small minority of drunken louts (allegedly football supporters) systematically tore apart my home-town centre and attacked the Police unprovoked. And they weren't even English.

I'm an English Rangers supporter, so does this mean I can't support them any more because of the actions of a stupid few?

QUOTE (Kubla @ May 19 2008, 11:56 AM)

What has the behaviour of a few stupid fans got to do with what team you decide to support? confused13.gif

fing.gif

Last Wednesday, a small minority of drunken louts (allegedly football supporters) systematically tore apart my home-town centre and attacked the Police unprovoked. And they weren't even English.

I'm an English Rangers supporter, so does this mean I can't support them any more because of the actions of a stupid few?

unsure.gif fing.gif

I wasn't talking about who nima supports, I'm commenting on her being a hypocrite. Also, I don't quite see the significance of that first comment. Explain, please.

And as far as 'a few stupid fans' goes, you'd need a hell of alot more than a few to be able to fill Wembley with boos.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 19 2008, 03:16 PM)

fing.gif

unsure.gif fing.gif

I wasn't talking about who nima supports, I'm commenting on her being a hypocrite. Also, I don't quite see the significance of that first comment. Explain, please.

And as far as 'a few stupid fans' goes, you'd need a hell of alot more than a few to be able to fill Wembley with boos.

Infact, I now do understand that significance.

I know nima's a Liverpool fan, so I found it quite odd she would stop supporting Cardiff because their fans booed the English national anthem, when the Portsmouth fans did the same. That's all. Nothing more to read into than that, Kubla.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 19 2008, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 19 2008, 03:16 PM)

fing.gif

unsure.gif fing.gif

Infact, I now do understand that significance.

I know nima's a Liverpool fan, so I found it quite odd she would stop supporting Cardiff because their fans booed the English national anthem, when the Portsmouth fans did the same. That's all. Nothing more to read into than that, Kubla.

All I am trying to point out is that this has become an 'argument' about a minority group of so-called fans, dictating how both of you feel about a football club that you decide to follow for an FA Cup final that is played, for the first time in decades, between two teams from different countries (despite it being the English FA Cup, and the Welsh have their own Football League - but that's another issue), all because of a few boos during National Anthems.

I'm against that kind of behaviour, whether it be English, Scottish, Irish, or whatever. What I fail to understand is the "I'm not going to support that club now, because some of their supporters have decided to boo our National Anthem" attitude.

When I say a few, I don't mean literally a few. I mean a very small percentage of the total amount there.

There were nearly 200,000 Glasgow Rangers fans in Manc last week. There were about 200 that caused trouble. Thats 0.1% ! A lot of people, but very few in terms of percentage of the total.

You get a bigger percentage of trouble causers at nightclubs on Saturday nights.

I still don't see why some boos would alter your perception of a football club.

Archived