Nine Year Old Hockey Sensation

snowdogged

Bah!

He'll never make the NHL.....he's way too small.

ohmy.gif Sidney who? confused13.gif

BTW, Pens kicked butt today PIT 5 NYR 4

Evgeni Malkin deflected Sidney Crosby's one-timer from the right point on a Pittsburgh power play with 1:41 remaining to finish a frantic comeback, and the Penguins rallied from a three-goal deficit against the Rangers for a 5-4 victory in their second-round playoff series opener Friday night.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 25 2008, 09:34 PM)
Bah!

He's only nine years old. There is no way you can realistically say that he will

not make the NHL because he is too small at such a young age. I'm not saying he will make the NHL because it is still way too early to be able to tell something like that. I played hockey for many years and I have seen first hand many young kids who were amazing to watch when they were small, who would skate circles around all the other players. Then these kids would start growing and they could not adjust to the change in size and they would lose much of their skills. Also, if a player has enough skills then the size factor does not necessarily matter as much. There have been quite a few great players in the NHL who were nowhere near six feet tall.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 26 2008, 05:21 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 25 2008, 09:34 PM)
Bah!

He's only nine years old. There is no way you can realistically say that he will

not make the NHL because he is too small at such a young age. I'm not saying he will make the NHL because it is still way too early to be able to tell something like that. I played hockey for many years and I have seen first hand many young kids who were amazing to watch when they were small, who would skate circles around all the other players. Then these kids would start growing and they could not adjust to the change in size and they would lose much of their skills. Also, if a player has enough skills then the size factor does not necessarily matter as much. There have been quite a few great players in the NHL who were nowhere near six feet tall.

I was making a joke..........ah what's the use!.............<huffs off>

Id love to see that kid pull that on my brother. Hes a goalie. And a good one.

He had 2 shut outs to end the season back to back.

The problem with the goalie is he comited way to soon. This one kid my brother plays against pulls 20 moves and its funny to look at my brother. He face is "just shot already"

QUOTE (BL2112 @ May 3 2008, 05:53 PM)

The problem with the goalie is he comited way to soon. This one kid my brother plays against pulls 20 moves and its funny to look at my brother. He face is "just shot already"

A hockey prodigy from Orlando Florida?

Seems incredulous but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (BL2112 @ May 3 2008, 06:53 PM)

I just watched the video again and I think any goalie, even an NHL goalie would have a tough time stopping that. Goalies will usually drop to their knees when a player gets in that close to them and this kid put the puck right in the top corner at very close range. Most goalies would probably not stop that unless they were aware he was going to use that move.

Archived