The Lickable, erm...Likeable Alex Lifeson

Alsgalpal

From RIAB this morning:

Canadian rockers The Tragically Hip closed out a 6 night stand at Massey Hall in Toronto last night and celebrated by bringing out a very special guest for their 2-song encore. Alex Lifeson came out and performed with the band on The Last Recluse off of We Are The Same and Little Bones from Road Apples. He played the solo on Little Bones. The Tragically Hip are big fans of Rush (and vice versa). They opened for them once on the Roll The Bones tour at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto and also have covered Limelight. If anyone has any pictures or video from the show, please let me know. Many thanks to Toronto2112 and Andrew W - both of whom were at the show - for the heads up.

So hopefully we will see new video up soon! I'd love to watch Alex on stage with the Hip. TH are a pretty good band. I've been listening to them for years. I'm hoping to go to the Seattle show (mid-June).

FYI: For direct links, you'll have to go to RIAB.

Edited by Janie

Also from RIAB this morning:

Just a reminder that Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee will be guests on CBC Radio's Q with Jian Ghomeshi this morning. The show started at 9AM but Alex and Geddy are just scheduled to appear from 10:30AM to 11:30AM according to Rush.com. The program can be heard on CBC Radio One (Channel 137 on Sirius Satellite Radio). The podcast of the show should be up later today and there's also a YouTube channel where they post videos of their interviews a week or so after they air. If you get a chance to listen in, please give us your report in the comments.

smile.gif

Their interview should happen in about 10 minutes.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 20 2009, 07:41 AM)
Im listening to it now... They are talking about the past at the moment...

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/streams/r1_quebec_16.html

Share some more updates if you can. I'm not able to listen to the interview.

I really hope to hear they are going into the studio (for sure) this fall.

ETA: When I clicked on your link, I was able to hear it!! biggrin.gif Geddy just made a comment about something about being Jewish.

Edited by Janie

Well.... They are talking about Moving Pictures.... But they said that the only way for a rock band to be sucessful is to write and write and write.... So if they are going to follow their own words it shouldn't be long before they are writing.

Edit : Yea.... How Alex found the recording of moving pictures a Party and Fun, and Geddy remembers it as a pain and difficult and challenging...

Edited by Sir Lerxst

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 20 2009, 08:00 AM)
No information on a tour or album... Tom Sawyer just came on.

Don't know if they are back after... Will sait and see.

RIAB said they'd be on from 10:30am to 11:30am so we should have 30 more minutes.

ETA: Oh wait... it sounds like we have to wait and log in later for the entire interview. Did I hear that right?

Edited by Janie

I dunno...

Guess we just wait and see.

Edit : He said 'To see the full Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee Interview, all 63 minutes of it, log onto ....'

I don't know.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 19 2009, 08:51 PM)
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp141/Sir_Lerxst/vlcsnap-220610.jpg

wub.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2009, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 19 2009, 06:51 PM)
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp141/Sir_Lerxst/vlcsnap-219243.jpg

What a beautiful shot.

Ditto!

wub.gif wub.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/SAtourgroup2.jpg

Neil: I'm not going back there Al cut one

Al: Ooops... my bad

Geddy: Sakes

laugh.gif