The Lickable, erm...Likeable Alex Lifeson

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 11:46 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/Alex10.jpg

wub.gif

Love that guitar.

Love that player.

Awesome shot.

We're going to hit 300! Woot!

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 11:43 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/Alex12.jpg
I believe I took these ones at the Portland show.

Looks like Passage to Bangkok..ahem by the image on the screen. LOL

Ya Passage to Bangkok is when I took most of the Portland pictures, just cause I was stunned the entire night. Alex was right in front of me the whole night... I was drooling my eyes out. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 11:49 AM)

Ya Passage to Bangkok is when I took most of the Portland pictures, just cause I was stunned the entire night. Alex was right in front of me the whole night... I was drooling my eyes out. z7shysterical.gif

Lucky, I was at both shows in Dallas for S & A '07 and '08 leg, but I couldn't afford the front row prices, and I didn't have the right medication to be that close to the stage. fists crying.gif

But I'm ready for the next tour, I've got an emergency fund started and I've changed to a really good med that leads me to believe I can handle front row.

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 12:42 PM)
Absolutely Beautiful shots Ya, were you front row?

In Detroit I was second row but I got moved up to front cause the security guard let me. LOL. Which is also when my lil Alex encounter happened... smash.gif z7shysterical.gif

Oooh I don't know about the Alex encounter since I'm new to the forum, feel free to PM me and tell me all about it. cool.gif

Alex and I have had a lil bit of a thing goin on this tour, since last year's leg. LOL Meaning I have been lucky enough to be close to the stage on all the shows I went to so he pointed and smiled at me quite a bit. Portland he tried to toss me a pick which I missed so Ged tried to toss me a shirt but someone snatched it away from me. Ged gave him a dirrty look tho, LOL. April was like WTF was that?! Which was incredible... anyways to get to the story...

Im in Detroit and Im standing front row on Geddy's side (you think these Alex shots are good you should see the ones I got of Ged) anyway, Tom Sawyer just finished and you know how it's right when they walk off the stage and I yell out: "ALEX!" He walked right by me and goes "WHAT?!" In his cute pretend annoyed voice. And Im just standing there staring at him, speechless not knowing what the hell to say cause he is just standing there waiting to hear what I had to say. We were just staring at eachother, he smiles and winks at me as he walks off the stage. Mullet was like... WTF WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!!

And ya... I couldn't speak. He's just so awesome! wub.gif So ya Spindrift has a new meaning for me now. "What am I supposed to say... where are the words to answer you? When you talk that way..."

banghead.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:03 PM)

In Detroit I was second row but I got moved up to front cause the security guard let me. LOL. Which is also when my lil Alex encounter happened... smash.gif z7shysterical.gif

Oooh I don't know about the Alex encounter since I'm new to the forum, feel free to PM me and tell me all about it. cool.gif

Alex and I have had a lil bit of a thing goin on this tour, since last year's leg. LOL Meaning I have been lucky enough to be close to the stage on all the shows I went to so he pointed and smiled at me quite a bit. Portland he tried to toss me a pick which I missed so Ged tried to toss me a shirt but someone snatched it away from me. Ged gave him a dirrty look tho, LOL. April was like WTF was that?! Which was incredible... anyways to get to the story...

Im in Detroit and Im standing front row on Geddy's side (you think these Alex shots are good you should see the ones I got of Ged) anyway, Tom Sawyer just finished and you know how it's right when they walk off the stage and I yell out: "ALEX!" He walked right by me and goes "WHAT?!" In his cute pretend annoyed voice. And Im just standing there staring at him, speechless not knowing what the hell to say cause he is just standing there waiting to hear what I had to say. We were just staring at eachother, he smiles and winks at me as he walks off the stage. Mullet was like... WTF WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!!

And ya... I couldn't speak. He's just so awesome! wub.gif So ya Spindrift has a new meaning for me now. "What am I supposed to say... where are the words to answer you? When you talk that way..."

Ahhhhhh! That's like the most awesome story ever. biggrin.gif

How very cool. And yeah, how the heck you do say, "Your music has affected my life in so many ways" without sounding lame and kind of stalkerish? wink.gif

That is truly amazing.

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 01:09 PM)

How very cool. And yeah, how the heck you do say, "Your music has affected my life in so many ways" without sounding lame and kind of stalkerish? wink.gif

That is truly amazing.

I know right! I had already screamed out "ALEX YOU KICK ASS!" and "ALEX I LOVE YOU!" that night so wtf else could I say. LOL

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:27 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/Alex2.jpg

I like this one. biggrin.gif

don't lie, you like all of them! tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:27 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/Alex2.jpg

I like this one. biggrin.gif

don't lie, you like all of them! tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

Oh I never said I didnt like the others. tongue.gif laugh.gif

I love them all! biggrin.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 12:52 PM)

Lucky, I was at both shows in Dallas for S & A '07 and '08 leg, but I couldn't afford the front row prices, and I didn't have the right medication to be that close to the stage. fists crying.gif

But I'm ready for the next tour, I've got an emergency fund started and I've changed to a really good med that leads me to believe I can handle front row.

Wow.

I went to both Toronto shows last year. Was 7 rows away the second show.

I went to the Seattle and Portland shows. Rows 7 and 6. Then 2nd row/front in Detroit. As well as the Toronto show this summer.

biggrin.gif

I had the best summer ever this year! biggrin.gif

All I can say is

BETWEEN THE WHEELS FTW!!!! wub.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 01:09 PM)

That is truly amazing.

I know right! I had already screamed out "ALEX YOU KICK ASS!" and "ALEX I LOVE YOU!" that night so wtf else could I say. LOL

I was sitting out on the grass of the Superpages center all throughout both concerts screaming the same thing -- And I added in some "GED RULZ!!!!" because they are an awesome sight to behold at a concert. They truly rocked the place.

2.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 17 2008, 12:52 PM)

Wow.

I went to both Toronto shows last year. Was 7 rows away the second show.

I went to the Seattle and Portland shows. Rows 7 and 6. Then 2nd row/front in Detroit. As well as the Toronto show this summer.

biggrin.gif

I had the best summer ever this year! biggrin.gif

All I can say is

BETWEEN THE WHEELS FTW!!!! wub.gif cool.gif

Oh man, they played "Mission" and I thought I was going to have a heart attack, that's like a personal favorite! It's got a very personal meaning to me.

And yes, Between the Wheels = FTW! (LOVE THAT SONG!) Now if I could only get some Chemistry love.

They swiped my camera from me, so all I had was my iphone to take pictures with, but here's some pics from the '08 show. Blurry and Grainy but interesting nonetheless. Wish I was closer.

Flickr Rush Set

QUOTE (spiderbait90 @ Dec 17 2008, 01:02 PM)
I read somewhere that your aim was to get 300 pages by christmas. You did it...

Recon you can get 310 by new year?

I don't know, you got some more screen caps for us Lerxst gals?

1022.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:37 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/AlexDet7.jpg

I love how he was sooo close to me! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I love how close those pants are to you - drool1.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:47 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/Alex9.jpg
That guitar is so beautiful! biggrin.gif

As is the man playing it...

QUOTE (spiderbait90 @ Dec 17 2008, 02:02 PM)
I read somewhere that your aim was to get 300 pages by christmas. You did it...

Recon you can get 310 by new year?

Yeah - and we did it BEFORE 12/25 too! Hurray and look out Ged Gals! 653.gif

QUOTE (kittengirl2112 @ Dec 17 2008, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 17 2008, 12:37 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/AlexDet7.jpg

I love how he was sooo close to me!  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I love how close those pants are to you - drool1.gif

Ya he was posing for my camera but my flash had a slight delay and just missed it. biggrin.gif

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p454/kittengirl2112/Detroit%2008/IMG_1575.jpg

So weird - we were 2d row Detroit too^^....If only I had been more active over here, I'd have said hello sad.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Alex7-1.jpg

Yeah, 300! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Still not gonna beat our Geddy Thread though no.gif tongue.gif