Since I can't get a Lifeson sig 355...

_pete_

Pete, your Epipone looks fabulous, and I'm glad to hear that your efforts with the electronics paid off so well. You have no need for the Gibson version of the Lifeson 355...BRAVO!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

What's going on with that red Strat? That's a seriously cool item for any Lifeson fan.

I have posted this before, but I feel like I have a sort of Lifeson signature myself. My wife bought me a '67 ES-335 for our 10th anniversary last year. It is an amazing inistrument; I probably could not have hand-picked a better guitar from an entire Guitar Center store. It was only after I had the guitar for a while that I noticed how similar it looks to Alex's '68 ES-335. They both have a very thick overspray of the dark paint around the rim.

Here it is: 10th Anniversary Present

Edited by spitball

Pete...

Thanks for posting the updates to your Lerxst 355 replica. Since I had a replica of your replica made, with the Seth Lovers per your advice, I guess it's time to upgrade to the Tonerider Alnico IV Classics Set-AC4 Set Gold pups too.

(Does anybody need a set of Gold Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover humbucker pickups?)

If you really hear that much of a difference, then I'll do the same just from your description of the tone and the "blanket being lifted off the guitar". LOL!

I had the Classic 57's ordered, as per the specs of the new Gibson 355 Signature guitar, but since you seem SOOO impressed with the toneriders, then I'll do the same as you did.

Also, please PM me your address again, and I'll ship a round GOLD Varitone plate with black lettering on it for your replica. (I had a spare made when my replica was being built, and I'd be proud to send it to you!)

Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge and experience with us, Pete!

QUOTE (tascam @ Jun 2 2008, 12:54 AM)
Pete...

Thanks for posting the updates to your Lerxst 355 replica. Since I had a replica of your replica made, with the Seth Lovers per your advice, I guess it's time to upgrade to the Tonerider Alnico IV Classics Set-AC4 Set Gold pups too.

(Does anybody need a set of Gold Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover humbucker pickups?)

If you really hear that much of a difference, then I'll do the same just from your description of the tone and the "blanket being lifted off the guitar". LOL!

I had the Classic 57's ordered, as per the specs of the new Gibson 355 Signature guitar, but since you seem SOOO impressed with the toneriders, then I'll do the same as you did.

Also, please PM me your address again, and I'll ship a round GOLD Varitone plate with black lettering on it for your replica. (I had a spare made when my replica was being built, and I'd be proud to send it to you!)

Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge and experience with us, Pete!

Hey Thom, you may want to hold up on the pickups.

I still stand by what I said on the Toneriders but I just swapped the Duncan bridge pickup back in on Saturday.

The toneriders sound great but after a while I noticed that the sound was a bit too modern for what I use this guitar for. It sounded great but I wasn't nailing the Working Man & Bastille Day tone like I was before.

Saturday I pulled the Tonerider bridge pup, removed the gold cover, put it on the Seth Lover pickup, and reinstalled it.

Bingo! The early Rush sound was back.

You should stick with the Seth's if you want a sound like Alex got with the old sunburst 335. The Toneriders (and the Gibby 57's) will get you more of a modern Lifeson sound similar to stuff from Moving Pictures , Counterparts, or T4E.

I'll PM you my address. I would love the gold Varitone plate. I can't find one anywhere. I'd love a pic of your guitar too!

BTW, I finally got the correct bridge on mine and made up some pics of all my guitars yesterday.

Here's the one for the Sheraton:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/pete2112/My%20Guitars/Sheraton-1.jpg