Least Favorite Rush album?

redstar86

What is your least favorite Rush album?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite Rush album?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 15 2005, 06:16 PM)
I am amazed that only 2 people have voted for Power Windows as their least favourite album!

Oh well! It gets my vote

My rankings (this is hard) [1 being best] I am not including 'Feedback' as it is more like an EP

1. Hemispheres
2. Permanent Waves
3. Moving Pictures
4. 2112
5. A Farewell To Kings
6. Counterparts
7. Signals
8. Fly By Night
9. Test For Echo
10. Roll The Bones
11. Grace Under Pressure
12. Caress Of Steel
13. Vapor Trails
14. Presto
15. Rush
16. Hold Your Fire
17. Power Windows

Not a bad list, but how can you vote for Power Windows!!! It's so amazing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I have only been a fan since last March when I crossed the Atlantic to GA and my fellow Deadhead friend played me Live In Rio.

I now have every album (other than Feedback. Hey, I think that it is an EP)!

I listen to this band all the time! Any Counterparts fans here?

I'm sorry. I really don't like Power Windows! smile.gif

Test For Echo took me 6 or 7 listens to like though! Counterparts is awesome, in my opinion.

I am starting to like Grace Under Pressure as well, but I can't even listen to Power Windows!

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 15 2005, 03:20 PM)
Thanks. I have only been a fan since last March when I crossed the Atlantic to GA and my fellow Deadhead friend played me Live In Rio.

Counterparts is a great abum. What are your favorite songs from that album?

I like Animate, Double Agent, and Leave That Thing Alone! the best.

My favourite songs are (I like a lot of them) Animate, Stick It Out and Nobody's Hero, and I also like Cut To The Chase, Double Agent and Leave That Thing Alone, as well as Alien Shore and Between Sun and Moon.

It is my favourite post Moving Pictures album! 2.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 15 2005, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 15 2005, 03:20 PM)

Counterparts is a great abum. What are your favorite songs from that album?

I like Animate, Double Agent, and Leave That Thing Alone! the best.

Counterparts is AMAZING!!! I love the first 5 songs on that album. I could listen to it all day. yes.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif trink36.gif

Counterparts rocks. Am I the only one who really digs The Speed Of Love?

This is tough...I was going to say Feedback becasue I absolutly hate covers, but as someoen alreadfy said, it's more like an EP (cuz it's covers, DUH!) so I'm not going to count it...

SO I got to thinking, what album *besides Feedback* do I not listen to the most....and I have to say that COunterparts just doesn't do it for me.

This is a solid album musically...but, it's the lyrics I really can't get into...I mean, Between Sun and Mon I still can't figure out....Nobody's Hero has that begginning first line which is very moving, but I'm....embarrased to play...Stick It OUt has that, imo, annoying section with just geddy sanying *don't swallow your tounge* which just, isn't Rush-like sounding to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Nobody's Hero, Animate, and Everyday Glory, but I mean, the rest of the album just doens't do it for me....

Rush is not alternative, it just doesn't sound right when they do it, imo.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jan 16 2005, 01:25 AM)
This is tough...I was going to say Feedback becasue I absolutly hate covers, but as someoen alreadfy said, it's more like an EP (cuz it's covers, DUH!) so I'm not going to count it...

SO I got to thinking, what album *besides Feedback* do I not listen to the most....and I have to say that COunterparts just doesn't do it for me.

This is a solid album musically...but, it's the lyrics I really can't get into...I mean, Between Sun and Mon I still can't figure out....Nobody's Hero has that begginning first line which is very moving, but I'm....embarrased to play...Stick It OUt has that, imo, annoying section with just geddy sanying *don't swallow your tounge* which just, isn't Rush-like sounding to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Nobody's Hero, Animate, and Everyday Glory, but I mean, the rest of the album just doens't do it for me....

Rush is not alternative, it just doesn't sound right when they do it, imo.

I feel the same way. It was very hard for me to pick a least favorite album. I said counterparts, and that made me think. I put counterparts on and have been listening to it lately to see why I would pick it to be my least favorite. It's not too bad of an album really. But I guess I had to pick a least fave and I guess that was it at the time. But now I think it could be test for echo instead. I can't make up my mind. This is hard. I don't like trying to think of a worse CD from a band that I love just about everything they've ever done.

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 15 2005, 06:24 PM)
I'm sorry. I really don't like Power Windows! smile.gif

Test For Echo took me 6 or 7 listens to like though! Counterparts is awesome, in my opinion.

I am starting to like Grace Under Pressure as well, but I can't even listen to Power Windows!

Hey, Terry, you are something of a newbie fan when it comes to Rush -just like me. I've only been listening to them for the last year and a half. And just like you, I actively disliked Power Windows for months, before I started to find something redeeming on it. Now, it doesn't sound that bad, to be honest. I love Marathon and Territories, and like Middletown Dreams and Emotion Detector a fair bit. Who knows, that might yet happen to you, as well! smile.gif Still nowhere near my fav record (it just sounds a bit disjointed to me in places) but certainly not the worst either.

Oh, and Grace does get better the more you listen to it, I totally agree with you on that! That IS my fav record. cheer.gif

QUOTE (Proggy @ Jan 16 2005, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 15 2005, 06:24 PM)
I'm sorry. I really don't like  Power Windows! smile.gif

Hey, Terry, you are something of a newbie fan when it comes to Rush -just like me. I've only been listening to them for the last year and a half. And just like you, I actively disliked Power Windows for months, before I started to find something redeeming on it. Now, it doesn't sound that bad, to be honest. I love Marathon and Territories, and like Middletown Dreams and Emotion Detector a fair bit. Who knows, that might yet happen to you, as well! smile.gif Still nowhere near my fav record (it just sounds a bit disjointed to me in places) but certainly not the worst either.

Oh, and Grace does get better the more you listen to it, I totally agree with you on that! That IS my fav record. cheer.gif

Grace is a very good album.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I am suprised that Counterparts seems unpopular with some people here. Since I obtained the album I have listened to it a number of times.

For now, there are four Rush albums which I keep out of rotation.

Rush (1974)

Power Windows (1985)

Hold Your Fire (1987)

Presto (1989) [i can't admit that one to my best friend from GA. He loves it.]

I do listen to the three 1990's albums a lot though, and all the albums from Fly By Night to Grace Under Pressure.

Archived