What is this??

rushfr:CP

Rick Wakeman in the studio, working with Rush but contract got canceled at the last minute.

Riiiiiight. Because this sounds like Rick Wakeman, not to mention a believable story. I'm sure it really happened, but nobody brought it up until now. sarcasm.gif

Ok...at about 2:42 before the end, that does sound a tad more like Wakeman, but I still don't believe the story.

My first impression is this is a fake. Hemispheres was recorded from june-august 1978 in wales and Rick was featured on Yes' Going for the One and later Tormato in 1978.Of course he could of done a few sessions with Rush considering he is from the UK and might of been in country at the time that Rush was. To me the playing seems simplistic style wise to Rick's playing . I can do this if I wish on my Roland Fantom X7 . The Technology today is able to recreate the old ARP Odyssey , Mini Moog, and Mellotron keyboards . Just my two cents ! Also the Choir patch featured here seems like only available after the 1980's when FM sound sampling was invented .Whoever did it if it isn't real did a great job . It could be fun trying something like this !

QUOTE (patjnev @ Jan 3 2008, 09:46 PM)
My first impression is this is a  fake. Hemispheres was recorded from june-august 1978 in wales and Rick was featured on Yes' Going for the One and later Tormato in 1978.Of course he could of done a few sessions with Rush considering he is from the UK and might of been in country at the time that Rush was. To me the playing seems simplistic style wise to Rick's playing . I can do this if I wish on my Roland Fantom X7 . The Technology today is able to recreate the old ARP Odyssey , Mini Moog, and Mellotron keyboards . Just my two cents ! Also the Choir patch featured here seems like only available after the 1980's when FM sound sampling was invented .Whoever did it if it isn't real did a great job . It could be fun trying something like this !

I listened to it all, and at first I must admit I was taken in, but as time went on I became more and more sceptical, realising more and more that Rick is a far far better keyboard player than this. It also started to sound a bit monotone and I'm now convinced it isn't Rick.

He did live on the Isle of Man, not sure if he is still there now....he's a huge..

MAN CITY FAN too. Go Blues common001.gif

Archived