Rush to perform live for tsunami relief telethon

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 8 2005, 03:59 PM)
I will attempt to record this from my TV Tuner card and make the Rush set available to everyone. Someone has to host it (possbile the hub).

If you choose to download it, please donate to the cause.

yes.gif I am going to donate to the relief fund very soon.

hello everyone!

my first post here.

i would love to know what channel it will be on i recieve canadien tv (bell espressvue)

i love rush though my name dont show it.

i would love to know where i can get a rush related avatar to put up.

sorry if i hijacked slightly, i am a visiting moderator of a completly different type forum.

thanks,

giantsv

2.gif

QUOTE (giantsv @ Jan 8 2005, 06:08 PM)
hello everyone!

my first post here.

i would love to know what channel it will be on i recieve canadien tv (bell espressvue)

sorry if i hijacked slightly, i am a visiting moderator of a completly different type forum.

thanks,

giantsv

2.gif

Welcome aboard! trink39.gif trink38.gif The telethon will be on CBC...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 8 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (giantsv @ Jan 8 2005, 06:08 PM)
hello everyone!

my first post here.

thanks,

giantsv

2.gif

Welcome aboard! trink39.gif trink38.gif The telethon will be on CBC...

thank you very much

barney_rebel Posted on Jan 8 2005, 08:35 PM
  Hey read that? Simocast to radio stations. People in the US can tune into webcasts now and at least hear what they are playing. 

HAHAHA...BUT WE GET TO WATCH IT LIVE!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey we all wanna see Rush play live whenever we can right?

But a few comments on what they may play or that its BS not everyone can watch it (those not living in Canada) is kinda sad folks.

It's a benefit for the 150,000 people who died and to provide relief to the people who survived and are facing disease and anguish remember.

What they play isn't nearly as important as the fact they, along with many other musicians and comedians, are taking the time out of their schedules to do this.

As far as their "set" goes, again thats kind of lame to ask. I'm not sure anyone will be getting a set, and CBC have already made it clear not all who have agreed to perform will even get airtime. So of all the people who will show up for it, not everyone will appear (live) or at all. I doubt Rush will be one of them but you never can tell.

Also not mentioned much is the fact Rush may consist of Alex and Geddy doing an acoustic song, perhaps Resist only. Neil may not even make an appearance as he is in California and hates these last minute appearances no matter the cause, Ged and Alex are a 15min drive to downtown Toronto and the CBC studio's on Front Street.

I would also bet there will be no live audience as technically it's setup to be like a telethon to raise money.

I am sorry if this post rubs anyone the wrong way, but this is to aid the people who have lost everything, their familes, friends, homes and livelihoods and I think its quite sad to just worry about what Rush might play, how long they may play and so on and I bet the band themselves would be very dismayed to see their fans acting so selfish considering the cause at hand.

I love Rush, have seen them in my hometown of Toronto many many times and although I am looking forward to seeing them perform (as a duo or with Neil), we are in no position to worry about songs and setlists for what is not a concert, but a benefit for one of the most tragic events in world history.

This is not the time to be selfish with talk about burning it and who might see it or miss it.

This is not the time to be selfish with talk about burning it and who might see it or miss it.

QUOTE (barney_rebel)
I will attempt to record this from my TV Tuner card and make the Rush set available to everyone.  Someone has to host it (possbile the hub).

If you choose to download it, please donate to the cause.

QUOTE (ByTor2112 @ Jan 9 2005, 07:09 PM)
Hey we all wanna see Rush play live whenever we can right?

But a few comments on what they may play or that its BS not everyone can watch it (those not living in Canada) is kinda sad folks.

It's a benefit for the 150,000 people who died and to provide relief to the people who survived and are facing disease and anguish remember.

What they play isn't nearly as important as the fact they, along with many other musicians and comedians, are taking the time out of their schedules to do this.

As far as their "set" goes, again thats kind of lame to ask.  I'm not sure anyone will be getting a set, and CBC have already made it clear not all who have agreed to perform will even get airtime.  So of all the people who will show up for it, not everyone will appear (live) or at all.  I doubt Rush will be one of them but you never can tell. 

Also not mentioned much is the fact Rush may consist of Alex and Geddy doing an acoustic song, perhaps Resist only.  Neil may not even make an appearance as he is in California and hates these last minute appearances no matter the cause, Ged and Alex are a 15min drive to downtown Toronto and the CBC studio's on Front Street.

I would also bet there will be no live audience as technically it's setup to be like a telethon to raise money.

I am sorry if this post rubs anyone the wrong way, but this is to aid the people who have lost everything, their familes, friends, homes and livelihoods and I think its quite sad to just worry about what Rush might play, how long they may play and so on and I bet the band themselves would be very dismayed to see their fans acting so selfish considering the cause at hand.

I love Rush, have seen them in my hometown of Toronto many many times and although I am looking forward to seeing them perform (as a duo or with Neil), we are in no position to worry about songs and setlists for what is not a concert, but a benefit for one of the most tragic events in world history.

That's why I already sent $20 to help those people over there. I do what I can. I don't feel bad at all about wanting to see Rush perform live for this event. It's just the nature of this Rush Forum, people talk about Rush and some may wonder what songs they will play. We are all Rush fans who care about those victims very much. I don't think anyone of us should feel guilty about wanting to see this or even wondering which songs they are going to play. But that's just MHO. What the hell do I know?

Ok well before people start flaming me and singling me out, I didn't direct my comments at any single individual.

Rush are not performing for our benefit was my point; that seems to be overlooked by some.

And my comments were due to overall 'tone" I felt upon reading the first few pages.

I may be generalizing, but I think I do have a point sad.gif

EDIT: And yes I think any act will be lucky to see 5 minutes of airtime, regardless of the act. And I fully expect it to be Alex and Geddy doing one acoustical song, i highly doubt Neil will be there but we will see. I think too many people are expecting this to be a concert with lighting and a fog machine... it will not.

QUOTE (ByTor2112 @ Jan 9 2005, 08:03 PM)
Ok well before people start flaming me and singling me out, I didn't direct my comments at any single individual.

Rush are not performing for our benefit was my point; that seems to be overlooked by some.

And my comments were due to overall 'tone" I felt upon reading the first few pages.

I may be generalizing, but I think I do have a point sad.gif

EDIT: And yes I think any act will be lucky to see 5 minutes of airtime, regardless of the act. And I fully expect it to be Alex and Geddy doing one acoustical song, i highly doubt Neil will be there but we will see. I think too many people are expecting this to be a concert with lighting and a fog machine... it will not.

I was expecting they will surprise us with The Camera Eye and 2112 in its entirety!

Now that would make one hell of a relief concert!

cool.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 10 2005, 08:49 PM)
Official word from Anthem regarding this charity event:

CHARITY TELETHON SPONSORED BY TOM COCHRANE

Rush will be participating in a charity telethon organized by Tom Cochrane to benefit the tsunami disaster fund. The show will air on Thursday, January 13th and will be broadcast on Canadian television on CBC. Please visit www.rush.com for more details concerning this event.

I saw that on rush.com as well. Does this mean that it will not be shown in the U.S. or will it? I got confused while reading it. Do you know anything about it RR? confused13.gif

I got the official email earlier.

It says they are 'participating'. Do we know they are actually 'performing'? They might just be loafing around a TV studio chatting to presenters and making occasional requests for pledges to the cameras, or even answering the telephones!

I don`t think anyone here wants to see this concert just for the sake Rush is playing. The Rush family of fans care about the world.

Rush has been kind enough to lend a hand in raising money to help those in need .

If anyone questions the motives of the fans, look again and read the words of the people here. We too are concerned for the victims of this horrific tragedy.

Yet ,you can not expect that a certain level of excitement over Rush playing this benefit would not exist . Rush playing this benefit is a great thing. They are rallying thier supporters to make a difference, and with as large a fan base as Rush has that can only be a good thing. I personally would love to see Rush be a little less predictable and go with the flow. Does that mean i`m some horrible person that doesn`t understand the meaning, or purpose, of the entire event ? I think not. I think the fans who are here ,and have been here young and old would like the world to see what our attraction to this band is. By playing stuff that are staples everyone knows ,people don`t really get to see how talented and diverse a band Rush really is. I think that attracting more fans=more people that can make a difference when a tragedy hits somewhere in the world. It also makes us the fan proud. Proud that the band we have supported through the years would try to rally

people to help with this worthy cause. I am giving money to help.....however i had planned on contributing long before i had even heard that there was even a benefit. I understand the concern of Bytor2112 ,but i do believe that for the most part we the Rush fans understand that this event is not about Rush .Yet with Rush being involved in it...... Look how many people they have already reached.

This board has been going wild since the announcement . I think the Rush fans can and will make a difference. yes.gif That my friend, is all that is expected from thier appearance. PEACE OUT >>>>Crushtopher

Archived