Changes on the second leg of the tour?

ReflectedLight

What changes would you like to see on the second leg of the tour?

Do you think they should drop some S & A songs and add a few more from the vault? Enter Jacob's Ladder. 1022.gif Maybe a combination of dropping a few S & A tunes and adding a few from the past, and also playing a few S & A tunes they haven't played yet.

What are your thoughts?

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Sep 4 2007, 06:08 PM)
I think there's no way in hades they'll change anything and it's awesome just like it is.

I don't know. I think there might be a couple of changes in store for us.

They must realize that the majority of the fans going to see them on the second leg have seen the show at least once on the first leg.

QUOTE (Centerice @ Sep 4 2007, 06:46 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing them play Bravest Face if they end up swapping in some new S&A songs...

It is actually one of my favorites from the new CD and I was hoping to hear it live.

I'd like to here BF also.

Just for the heck of it, how about replacing Freewill with Jacobs Ladder, and replace One little Victory with Fountain of Lamneth or Earthshine.

Hey it doesn't hurt to dream. cool.gif

I don't think they should cut the number of S&A songs played. One of my big gripes with the VT tour was that they had this great new album out and only played 4 or 5 songs a night from it. I love the fact that they're playing 9 songs from the new album and not playing "2112" or "Roll the Bones." However, I don't think it would be a bad idea for them to drop, I don't know, "Spindrift" and "Workin' Them Angels," and replace them with "Faithless" or "Good News First" or "We Hold On." GNF might be a bit hard to pull off without a lot of sequencing though. But I'd love to see the other S&A songs get some airtime.

The problem is, this setlist is pretty airtight, and with the obvious exception of "Summertime Blues," I can't think of any songs they're playing that I'd really want them to drop. Maybe do alternating nights of vault songs.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 4 2007, 04:33 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing them play Bravest Face if they end up swapping in some new S&A songs...

It is actually one of my favorites from the new CD and I was hoping to hear it live.

Just for the heck of it, how about replacing Freewill with Jacobs Ladder, and replace One little Victory with Fountain of Lamneth or Earthshine.

Yeah, replace a 4 or 5-minute song with a 20-minute one...they'll definitely be down with that.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 4 2007, 04:33 PM)

Yeah, replace a 4 or 5-minute song with a 20-minute one...they'll definitely be down with that.

Like I said, one can only dream or wish, but definitely lose Summertime Blues.

Don't get me wrong, if the boys continue on in 2008, I will be there.

However, Neil gave some indication that this tour is taking its toll on him.

I just can't believe that they would come back through the towns that they have already played.

Archived