Madden Addicts Unite!

Arndrake

I did.

Usually I haven't been big into the Madden hype but I decided I wanted to get it, especially after my girlfriend, who is a major football fan, expressed interest in 'kicking my ass on Madden.' From what I heard and read, Madden is a big phenomenon amongst gamers and football fans. Even celebrities and athletes from other sports (including Earnhardt Jr) get into the hype. Kind of funny that two of the biggest causes of lost productivity in the workplace (people calling in sick the next day) revolve around football: the Super Bowl and the annual Madden release.

After work Monday night, I ran up to the Burien Gamestop. They were having a Madden Midnight purchase party. So I reserved my copy, hung around and watched others play the demos on the PS3 and 360 demo consoles, enjoyed a slice of pizza, and waited. Midnight came and we all lined up to pick up our copies. The funny thing was that in the bag with the game was a can of Khaos energy drink (we'd be up all night playing Madden) and a trial size of Axe shower gel (some gamers are hygiene challenged).

I went home, put it in, and checked out the overall scheme. I couldn't play too long as I had to be up early the next morning. Next day at work, I told my coworkers they were lucky I came in as I was ill (Madden Fever) and injured (Madden Thumb).

**** SPOILERS *****

New features this year include Player Weapons. Different players have different types of capabilities, like Cannon Arm QB, Smart Player, or Brick Wall Defense which are either automatic or are activated by the gamer to make big plays. Madden is now partnered with ESPN; you can now get NFL news updates and even hear ESPN Radio Sportscenter updates. The Superstar game mode was expanded to now include '07 Draft rookies and the capability to import your star player from NCAA '08. Not sure about other new features yet.

It appears that the versions for the 360 and PS3 are about the same, although there is a claim the frame rate is better on the 360. I couldn't see any choppiness on my PS3. The game looks and sounds great, especially on an HD TV.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 23 2007, 11:27 AM)
I just bought it Today for Wii

Controls look the same, but i can't play it right now, cause my basement is being clogged up rage.gif

However, i played it yesterday on Xbox 360.

So i spent a good 3-4 hours playing yesterday, The controls are somewhat different for the Wii

But i still enjoy it.

Archived