Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 28 2008, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (yes.2 @ May 27 2008, 02:20 AM)
Today while I was making balloon animals and painting faces at a restaurant a cute little blond girl age 8-9 came up.....As always I charmed her into her comfort zone. She emediatly started talking about how she just came from her Dr. and how she has Epileptic, seizures.....She looked completely normal. By saying that, I mean she looked as normal as any other child you'd come across....

Anyway, I told her a story of a kid I new since as far back as I can remember who had seizures. I told her how they cured them by her teens and how today she's completely normal....then, I told her how it's a sigh of having a brain that's known to do great things...And how people live long lives all the time with the condition.....You see, by her tone as she was telling me about her condition I could see she was pretty beat down...Even though she didn't let it show....So, I tried to reinforce some good points about the issue....

If you think you're gonna die....You usually do.....If you focus on life and gettin' on with it you are much less likely to die....

She wouldn't leave after I had this talk with her......She just stood there while I tended to all the other kids and smiled and socialized with the other kids.....I made her something very special that took over 6 balloons....Painted a rainbow butterfly on her cheek....Her parents finished their meal....Gathered her up and walked out the door.....

I can't stop thinking about her.....Poor girl.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to 'cure' mine at my age, (age hidden to protect the guilty) old.gif

It was later in life when mine started, I was in my mid 30's. All I can do is take it one day at a time to help prevent them, make sure I eat right, take my meds and get plenty of rest. I see young children when I go to my Neurologist, and feel for them with Epilepsy at their age. It's hard to look at a young child like that and know they go through the same thing I do. Their innocent faces just break my heart and hope what you said happens, just hope they grow out of it. I have a malignant cyst on my brain, and they thing thats were they originate. Surgery is not really an option, so I just have to learn to live with them and do what I can to prevent them.

I'm sending you all my positive vibes.....

Here they come]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

My love and thoughts to you wub.gif hug2.gif

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bekloppt.gif

I hope that the migraine eases up and that you are

feeling better soon. Try to take it easy and not be outside

to long in the humidity.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 11 2008, 06:26 AM)
bekloppt.gif

I hope that the migraine eases up and that you are
feeling better soon. Try to take it easy and not be outside
to long in the humidity.

hug2.gif

Thanks CJ, I've been doing stuff around the house lately and haven't been playing outside too much. The humidity really does get to me some times. Cold weather is the worst, when it's cold my memory is terrible, talk about brain freeze! Today was good, no seizures!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 13 2008, 12:48 AM)
Good day today, still breathing, still hating Epilepsy.

hug2.gif

I hope that you continue to feel good.

The weather has cooled off a little so

maybe that will help.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 13 2008, 04:48 AM)

With you there. My daughter has not had one for a week now. smile.gif Got the action plan from her neuro today so we'll know where we are better in a couple of months. Keep well. Have you heard anything more about the dog?

QUOTE (Angua @ Jun 13 2008, 02:27 PM)

With you there. My daughter has not had one for a week now. smile.gif Got the action plan from her neuro today so we'll know where we are better in a couple of months. Keep well. Have you heard anything more about the dog?

sad.gif Wow, I'm sad to hear your daughters are that frequent. I put in an application for a dog, and am waiting for an e-mail from them. When I get more info, I'll be sure to pass it along.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 12 2008, 11:48 PM)

Good for you man. I thought I was going to have one last night because my kegs started jerking really badly but thats all that happened and it went away.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jun 14 2008, 02:09 AM)

Good for you man. I thought I was going to have one last night because my kegs started jerking really badly but thats all that happened and it went away.

trink39.gif I had an incident the other night in bed where my legs became tense and there wasn't anything I could do to stop it. I didn't think I was having a seizure, but I kinda' thought this must be how my whole body gets when I am having one. I was awake and aware through the whole thing, but it was kind of euphoric. I'm usually out of it when I have a seizure, but this kinda' scared me.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2008, 06:58 AM)

sad.gif Wow, I'm sad to hear your daughters are that frequent. I put in an application for a dog, and am waiting for an e-mail from them. When I get more info, I'll be sure to pass it along.

thanks. It's weird cos Emily was seizure free for about 5 years then suddenly last year they started again.At least now it's only whilst she's asleep and mainly the triggers are tiredness and stress.

My husband used to have a Guide dog and he was always sensitive to when I had a migraine - he would stay close by and watch over me. Dogs certainly seem to aware of stuff that we aren't.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2008, 02:27 AM)

trink39.gif I had an incident the other night in bed where my legs became tense and there wasn't anything I could do to stop it. I didn't think I was having a seizure, but I kinda' thought this must be how my whole body gets when I am having one. I was awake and aware through the whole thing, but it was kind of euphoric. I'm usually out of it when I have a seizure, but this kinda' scared me.

trink39.gif

Yea it scared me too. I have had many Tics before with body parts jerking but not like an all out nonstop thing like this was. It was pretty interesting and scary. I tried to walk over to turn my fan on and I looked like I came from Monty Pythons Ministry of Silly Walks! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Jun 14 2008, 02:31 AM)

thanks. It's weird cos Emily was seizure free for about 5 years then suddenly last year they started again.At least now it's only whilst she's asleep and mainly the triggers are tiredness and stress.

My husband used to have a Guide dog and he was always sensitive to when I had a migraine - he would stay close by and watch over me. Dogs certainly seem to aware of stuff that we aren't.

ohmy.gif Wow, 5 years seems like a long time for them to just start up like that again, is she doing anything different? Different meds, or diet? Different stresses in her life?

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jun 14 2008, 02:37 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2008, 02:27 AM)

trink39.gif

Yea it scared me too. I have had many Tics before with body parts jerking but not like an all out nonstop thing like this was. It was pretty interesting and scary. I tried to walk over to turn my fan on and I looked like I came from Monty Pythons Ministry of Silly Walks! laugh.gif

laugh.gif I know that feeling, someone thought I was drunk one time, and I haven't touched anything in years!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2008, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (Angua @ Jun 14 2008, 02:31 AM)

ohmy.gif Wow, 5 years seems like a long time for them to just start up like that again, is she doing anything different? Different meds, or diet? Different stresses in her life?

Because of her Pseudohypoparathyroidism she doesn't respond to hormone triggers that right way, so the paediatrician has put her on oestrogen to help her grow and "mature". It's an artificially induced puberty. I guess a lot of people have problems with epilepsy at puberty naturally! once we get everything back in balance it should settle down (fingers crossed). What triggered her off last year was a transatlantic flight and jet lag. That was a fun night with 3 paramedic visits! Now tiredness is the biggest cause.

keep well

Make sure she gets plenty of rest, I know I sure do, sometimes maybe too much. There are days when it seems like I wake up, eat, go back to sleep, wake up, eat, go back to sleep. Some days it causes me to wind up staying up all night and I wind up surfing the net all night. I stay logged into TRF all night it seems and I also stay logged in to a couple of Epilepsy forums too. The Epilepsy forums are usually pretty quiet at night though. I didn't have any seizures today, but I slept most of the day and only woke up to eat so I'll be up all night tonight again.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 14 2008, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 12 2008, 08:48 PM)

bekloppt.gif

Still hating it too.

Talk to you tomorrow.

trink39.gif I'll be here pretty much all day, so gimme a call, you know the digits. wink.gif

After reading the posts on this thread it seems like MY problems really aren't all THAT serious. I have nothing but respect for people with epilepsy and how it affects their lives. Here's to ya trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Jun 15 2008, 12:33 AM)
After reading the posts on this thread it seems like MY problems really aren't all THAT serious. I have nothing but respect for people with epilepsy and how it affects their lives. Here's to ya trink39.gif  trink39.gif

My E is just a matter of making sure I take better care of myself, eating right, taking my meds, and getting plenty of rest. It's a real downer for me not being able to work or drive. I'm from a family where hard work has always been the norm. Good work is the key to good fortune, as they say. I've been doing better at taking better care of myself, but the colder weather is when I really get down. I shouldn't complain with all the floods going on these days. Looking at what those people are going through makes me appreciate everything I have, especially the roof over my head.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2008, 11:52 PM)
After reading the posts on this thread it seems like MY problems really aren't all THAT serious. I have nothing but respect for people with epilepsy and how it affects their lives. Here's to ya trink39.gif  trink39.gif

My E is just a matter of making sure I take better care of myself, eating right, taking my meds, and getting plenty of rest. It's a real downer for me not being able to work or drive. I'm from a family where hard work has always been the norm. Good work is the key to good fortune, as they say. I've been doing better at taking better care of myself, but the colder weather is when I really get down. I shouldn't complain with all the floods going on these days. Looking at what those people are going through makes me appreciate everything I have, especially the roof over my head.

Always thinking of others.....GOOD trait smile.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Jun 15 2008, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 14 2008, 11:52 PM)

Always thinking of others.....GOOD trait smile.gif

trink39.gif

As much as others are thinking of me these days by reminding me to slow down a little and make sure I take better care of myself is keeping me on the good side of the fence, I'm listening more and doing better.