*SPOILER!* Interesting 'Iron Man' news

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2007, 01:13 PM)
Sam Jackson. Nick Fury.

Excuse me, is it Samuel L. Jackson?

If so, they are going with the Ultimate Nick Fury look rather than the classic...

Sounds promising anyway... wink.gif

Sounds good to me. Sam Jackson will bring in more folks to the theater. And Ultimate Nick Fury was molded from Sam anyways. Even looked like him.

On a side note, if you want to see Ultimate Shit Nick Fury, go see the made-for-tv movie which had David Hasselhoff as the agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. <---now this is THE worst superhero movie of all time. A million times worse than Catwoman. yes.gif

It's not even bad enough to laugh at no.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 21 2007, 11:42 AM)
Sounds good to me. Sam Jackson will bring in more folks to the theater. And Ultimate Nick Fury was molded from Sam anyways. Even looked like him.

On a side note, if you want to see Ultimate Shit Nick Fury, go see the made-for-tv movie which had David Hasselhoff as the agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. <---now this is THE worst superhero movie of all time. A million times worse than Catwoman. yes.gif
It's not even bad enough to laugh at no.gif

Aye at least you can drool over Halle in Catwoman...

wub.gif

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/18/halleberrycatwoman096kj0.jpg

I thought Colin Farell would have been the perfect Tony Stark, but if Keaton could pull off Batman then who knows.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 21 2007, 07:23 PM)
I thought Colin Farell would have been the perfect Tony Stark, but if Keaton could pull off Batman then who knows.

Keaton did NOT pull off Batman. Where does that line of thinking come in? Those movies were okay... but they were an insult to the comic version of Batman. Keaton was horrible. He gets a nod because he was better than Val and Clooney, and certainly better than Adam West, but in the grand scheme of things he was HORRIBLE. Especially now that Bats has FINALLY been portrayed pretty damn near perfectly by Christian Bale.

Now... as for Tony Stark... the pics I've seen of Downey look great. He looks the part, and he got in very good shape to pull it off. Now, I don't think playing Stark will be all that much of a challenge for him really. Stark isn't that deep of a character really.

As for Sam. I like the Ultimate version of Fury so much better, and as was already mentioned, the ultimate version was patterned after Sam anyway. So who better to play the part?

Hopefully this DOES lead to some kind of Avengers movie with A list heroes. I doubt it though.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 22 2007, 11:29 AM)

Keaton did NOT pull off Batman. Where does that line of thinking come in? Those movies were okay... but they were an insult to the comic version of Batman. Keaton was horrible. He gets a nod because he was better than Val and Clooney, and certainly better than Adam West, but in the grand scheme of things he was HORRIBLE. Especially now that Bats has FINALLY been portrayed pretty damn near perfectly by Christian Bale.

Now... as for Tony Stark... the pics I've seen of Downey look great. He looks the part, and he got in very good shape to pull it off. Now, I don't think playing Stark will be all that much of a challenge for him really. Stark isn't that deep of a character really.

As for Sam. I like the Ultimate version of Fury so much better, and as was already mentioned, the ultimate version was patterned after Sam anyway. So who better to play the part?

Hopefully this DOES lead to some kind of Avengers movie with A list heroes. I doubt it though.

Adam West did EXACTLY as he was supposed to SO he was good. It was obviously meant to be camp after all. And just because the Tim Burton Batman movies were okay at best, doesn't mean that Keaton didn't do well. I thought he did alright. I just dislike Burton for the most part. It's HIS fault!!!!

As for Iron Man not being a deep character...how do you figure? He's been in a war, became an alcoholic, and funded the entire Avengers team. And that's just mentioning the surface things.

I doubt that an Avengers movie will ever surface though.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 21 2007, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 22 2007, 11:29 AM)

Adam West did EXACTLY as he was supposed to SO he was good. It was obviously meant to be camp after all. And just because the Tim Burton Batman movies were okay at best, doesn't mean that Keaton didn't do well. I thought he did alright. I just dislike Burton for the most part. It's HIS fault!!!!

As for Iron Man not being a deep character...how do you figure? He's been in a war, became an alcoholic, and funded the entire Avengers team. And that's just mentioning the surface things.

I doubt that an Avengers movie will ever surface though.

I base any comic book adaptation, be it television or movies, on how they relate to the original portrayal... THE COMIC.

Adam West. Yeah... he did what he was told. It was camp, it was a joke. It was NOT Batman

Michael Keaton. He was good with the "voice" in the cowl, but he was his normal, jittery self in every scene as Bruce. Don't get me wrong... I love MK, but he failed miserably as Batman/Bruce. His portrayal showed he didn't take any time to read any comics. I feel he did no research into the role. At the time it came out, it was so cool, that I enjoyed it. But looking at it now... I think it's as bad as the tv show.

Val Kilmer. One of my favorite actors. He did Bruce justice, but he looked bad in the suit. His face did not fit the cowl and there's actually a scene where his head turns inside the cowl and the cowl doesn't move. It's horrible. And Joel Schumacher didn't help this movie in the least. I think if Burton had done this movie with Val... it could have been better. Chris O'Donnel also blew.

George Clooney. Again... another of my faves. I thought he might finally pull off the perfect combination of Bruce/Batman. Unfortunately, NO ONE could pull off a good portrayal in this horrible movie. Schumacher should be shot for this. I will spit on him if I ever get the chance. I HATE SCHUMACHER for none other than THIS MOVIE!!!

Now... here's the thing. Barring the tv show, which was a joke, the movies were meant to bring back the franchise of The Dark Knight. They succeeded in launching a HUGE toy line and countless other promotional pieces. Did they effect the sales of the comics. I highly doubt it, as BATMAN was doing quite well at that point. The actors who portrayed Batman, should have had the respect of the character in mind. Most everyone involved in these projects, especially JACK f***ing NICHOLSON, went into these movies with the intent of leaving THEIR mark on Batman.

Christian Bale DID NOT. Christian Bale is a Batman fan. Christian Bale believes he is the PERFECT actor to portray Batman. So far, he has convinced me. He gave the character the respect it deserves. He NAILED the duality of Bats/Bruce and he nailed the aspect of how the survivor's guilt is mainly what drives him. He put across that Batman is INSANE. Luckily, his insanity doesn't cross the line into evil, but he's insane nonetheless. Bruce died that day with his parents, and Batman was born. Even though he didn't don the cowl for many years later, Bruce was gone. BRUCE is the alter-ego. BATMAN is who he is.

Christian Bale knows this, and as an actor, he has portrayed Batman with the reverence the character deserves. yes.gif

rantoff.gif

biggrin.gif

Necro, no matter how much research an actor does for their role it would still only affect the movie so much....example: Imagine Christian Bale in the Schumacher Batman flicks. Bale knows his character inside and out and it still WOULDN'T HAVE helped him because Joel sucked making those films. Those were horrible horrible movies and not even the greatest actor with complete awareness of the character would have saved them. And I can say the same thing for the Adam West Batman. He was intended to play 'camp' Batman. We all know that show wasn't 'Batman' which is why I think it's better than Schumacher's rendition. The show at least was intentionally a joke. Joel's films became jokes.

Anyways, back to Iron Man....

This is from "Jon's" Myspace group

Posted:  Jul 6, 2007 2:48 PM
Now that the movie is finally wrapped, I can spend a little more time filling you all in. I have been reading as many of your posts as I can and here are responses to your most popular questions:

First of all, as you probably already know, there is not a teaser trailer on the front of Transformers as many of you had hoped and speculated. We are, however, planning to reveal something very cool very soon. This month, in fact. In San Diego. We've secured a prime slot Saturday afternoon in the big room at SDCC. We will split an hour with Marvel and Hulk and plan to cut something together to reward the fans for their interest, support and patience. In addition to our Saturday afternoon presentation, we will be doing a signing and poster giveaway at the Marvel booth on Saturday. Paramount is also doing a rundown of its slate on Thursday which I will do my best to attend as well.

Second of all, you had questions about Iron Monger/Mandarin/Obadiah Stane. My response is read the books. We took certain liberties to keep things fresh and unexpected but we are essentially using the books to inspire our story. Iron Man fans should have no problem piecing together what's what. As far as what villians appear in this movie's storyline, I should reiterate that in the year spent developing our story we decided to treat Iron Man as a first chapter. We cover the origin story and the rise of the hero. It stands alone as a movie, but definitely leaves room for more to be told. Sequels often feel like the story was slapped together in a scramble to exploit a successful franchise. I prefer when stories are mapped out in advance. They feel less repetitive and arbitrary. Additional Iron Man movies are by no means guaranteed but, if we are lucky enough to do more, we will be ready to do them well.

Third. Cameos. I've read that Sam Jackson and Hilary Swank are Shield agents and that I myself play a Vegas security guard. There is no truth to any of these rumors.

(Well, maybe one is true.)

This Movie is sounding Better all the time. smile.gif