Album great...Interviews...

Barnacle

Anyone feel Rush need to work on their interviewing skills again...and maybe return to their roots again? Boy..I tell ya I sure do...seems like the same questions and answers for each album release..I think they may have lost their edge when it comes to giving an interview and I long for those older more insightful epic interviews of the past...they "really enjoy making their albums..family is great...Neil is not here today" ...same stuff all the time...this is one overlooked aspect of the Rush experience I feel could help revive many lost Rush fans...just work on better interviews and all the rest will follow...the Press conferences of the PeW and MP eras are tough to match granted but sometimes I read the clippings and listen to interviews and wonder if they are just mailing it in anymore...? trink38.gif spit6ph.gif trink36.gif trink38.gif spit6ph.gif 062802puke_prv.gif Anyone else agree..?

Yeah...Neil should step off his pedestal sometimes and speak.....he's ridiculous in that sense. He has to lose a PORTION of his huge ass ego once in a while....

Yeah...that and the hat..I am not sure what is up with those African hats he wears at time...they don't look like they fit properly even. Probably he has become self conscious and no longer wnats to be interviewed while wearing the hat. Still a complexity is missing in the more recent interviews... the interviews of old were much more legendary.

I highly respect Neil for his talent and who he is, don't get me wrong, BUT he should support his bandmates a little more when it comes to PR and media intervention.

I also think a strong interview would lead to a more succesful tour...like :

Person #1 "hey man...you goin to see rush?"

Person #2 " Nah I heard their interview and it is just like all the other interviews...and Neil keeps wearin that damn hat"

I hope you all can see what I am saying here.

I think both of you are out of your minds.

QUOTE (Barnacle @ May 4 2007, 03:08 PM)
I also think a strong interview would lead to a more succesful tour...like :

Person #1 "hey man...you goin to see rush?"

Person #2 " Nah I heard their interview and it is just like all the other interviews...and Neil keeps wearin that damn hat"

OMG TEH SARCASM IS TEH KILLING!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 4 2007, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Barnacle @ May 4 2007, 01:08 PM)

Yes, you are a goofball.

Can you honestly say the interviews today are as Epic as those in the past..? I can't...And what about that hat Neil wears..? Has it impeded his desire to do more interviews...maybe the hat troubles him? Has the hat become more important than the interview itself..?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 4 2007, 02:09 PM)

I think if you followed Rush as long as I have and have devoted as much time reading and listening to their interviews you would notice teh clear decline that has occured...not only are they less frequent...they are very repetitive...not as imaginative...no Epic quotes to be found anywhere and it appears as if Neil for Pete's sake..can't even be bothered to show up for them because ( and this is my theory ...granted) his embarassment over wearing an African hat in public while speaking....I just wish the hat could go...and we could see and hear more Epic interviews...it's gotten so bad I fear younger fans such as yourself never having experienced an Epic Interview may never know the awesome power of one....it is for the younger Rush fan I am writing my requests...

QUOTE (Barnacle @ May 4 2007, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 4 2007, 02:09 PM)

I think if you followed Rush as long as I have and have devoted as much time reading and listening to their interviews you would notice teh clear decline that has occured...not only are they less frequent...they are very repetitive...not as imaginative...no Epic quotes to be found anywhere and it appears as if Neil for Pete's sake..can't even be bothered to show up for them because ( and this is my theory ...granted) his embarassment over wearing an African hat in public while speaking....I just wish the hat could go...and we could see and hear more Epic interviews...it's gotten so bad I fear younger fans such as yourself never having experienced an Epic Interview may never know the awesome power of one....it is for the younger Rush fan I am writing my requests...

this is fascinating...and not in a good way. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Barnacle @ May 4 2007, 12:14 PM)

Yes, you are a goofball.

And what about that hat Neil wears..? Has it impeded his desire to do more interviews...maybe the hat troubles him? Has the hat become more important than the interview itself..?

Well no offense, but can you honestly admit you are thinking WAY too much about an African hat which a drummer wears on stage .. unsure.gif

I don't see the relevance .. wacko.gif

QUOTE (BruceMcc @ May 4 2007, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (Barnacle @ May 4 2007, 12:14 PM)

Yes, you are a goofball.

And what about that hat Neil wears..? Has it impeded his desire to do more interviews...maybe the hat troubles him? Has the hat become more important than the interview itself..?

Well no offense, but can you honestly admit you are thinking WAY too much about an African hat which a drummer wears on stage .. unsure.gif

I don't see the relevance .. wacko.gif

See....denial of the Hat problem....I can understand that after years of being a Rush fan but after watching this steady decline with quality of interviews....holding out hope for an interview of Epic proportions ...good enough to hold a lighter in the air and say "Hail Rush"....I think it just might be time to evaluate this hat/angle for what it is worth....

Well, listening to the Q107 interview last week with all three of 'em, I thought the interview was great. So did everybody in the chat room at the time. All of their answers were succinct and very insightful, not to mention the thoughtful and well articulated responses from the three. So in short......I don't have a clue as to what the f**k you are trying to say.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 4 2007, 12:43 PM)
Well, listening to the Q107 interview last week with all three of 'em, I thought the interview was great. So did everybody in the chat room at the time. All of their answers were succinct and very insightful, not to mention the thoughtful and well articulated responses from the three. So in short......I don't have a clue as to what the f**k you are trying to say.

haha this thread is like a bad car wreck. it's tragic but i can't stop staring. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 4 2007, 01:54 PM)
Yeah...Neil should step off his pedestal sometimes and speak.....he's ridiculous in that sense. He has to lose a PORTION of his huge ass ego once in a while....

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (analogkid1967 @ May 4 2007, 01:46 PM)
on Neils "A Work In Progress" DVD, he mentions the Hat keeps the sweat from running down his face and in his eyes.

Excellent point. Drummers get really sweaty up there. There's nothing worse than having beads of sweat pour down your face when you are trying to concentrate on your performance. It's very simple.

Take Lars Ulrich (a.k.a. "Whiney Lars"), he usually wears a tennis head band, not too creative, but I have heard that he's a hell of a tennis player.

Plus.....the interview Geddy did a couple weeks ago in Chicago was friggin awesome!!

Also: Barnacle.....how would you be in front of a camera with a mic shoved in your face?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 4 2007, 02:43 PM)

Sure but give that interview a few more listens over time....like a month from now...you will see that it can't possibly hold up with the old interviews from the PeW and MP eras.....and don't even get me started on the AFTK or Hem eras....younger fans probably don't understand what a Rush interview once was...what with all the "things are great...we enjoyed making the album..no Neil could not make it today" stuff of a modern day Rush interview....

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 4 2007, 02:43 PM)

D Rock is right - the Q107 interview was great, and the Kim Mitchell interview was great too. Did you ever stop to think that Geddy and Alex (handling the bulk of the 'press duties' the past decade or so) have basically been being asked the same shizzit over and over and over again??

So I'm not really sure where your'e going on this thread other than to say - yeah, at this point I think we've heard all that there is to be said. I just wanted to hear the S&A stuff, and for that, these interviews served well.

Perhaps I am out numbered here but I really think this is an area that Rush could work on to improve or really return to their roots ...the interview thing....I will still tune in and listen and read...but all the while knowing it is just not same as the old days.....I may even have to return to old tapes of those interviews and old clippings and re-read them again and again knowing that in this day and age things like sarcasm , satire and certainly EPIC interviewing are just Dinosaur ideas of the past...

Archived