Ticket warning

Rommo

Unfortunately alot of pre-sale tickets are being bought up by ticket brokers. When Roger Waters tix went on presale. I checked Ebay, there was about 20-30 listings for the Chicago concert. The sellers were from NJ,NY,CA, only a few from Illinois.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Mar 27 2007, 05:08 PM)
Unfortunately alot of pre-sale tickets are being bought up by ticket brokers. When Roger Waters tix went on presale. I checked Ebay, there was about 20-30 listings for the Chicago concert. The sellers were from NJ,NY,CA, only a few from Illinois.

There is no way to prevent this. Surely everyone realizes this deep down inside, right?

IMO, there is a difference between a ticket broker trying to make wads of cash and someone who bought a couple tickets because they had a chance at a better seat, and then trying to sell the further-back seat to someone else, either at face value or for a little profit (not hundreds of dollars).

I used to agree with the pie in the sky, "how dare you make a profit on your tickets" mentality, but now that I'm paying $100 plus a B.S. "convienience" charge of $10.00; and ticket brokers are screwing me with their T1 lines; I say to hell with it! If I have a couple extra, I'm selling!! Now, make no mistake I'm not going to max out my Visa buying dozens of tickets, but if my wife, or a couple of my friends bail on me I'm going to make as much as I can.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Mar 28 2007, 07:45 AM)
There is a way to prevent this. No Pre Sales, All Tickets go on sale at 10:00 am Saturday morning at Ticketmaster locations. Online ordering starts at 11:00.

I would also make people have to answer three questions about the band they are going to see, at least if they want more than 4 tickets. The questions should be of varying difficulty, but none should be so hard that semi-casual fans wouldn't be able to get.

In fact, I'm of the mindset that people who actually go to the shows should actually know the band that they're going to see. I'm sick and tired of going to shows where most of the audience is bored out of their mind until the band plays one or two of their big hits.

Archived