2007 - 08/23 - Kansas City, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

QUOTE (OldRod @ Apr 10 2007, 03:23 PM)
I got 3rd row Geddy's side - best seats I've ever had for any concert, Rush or otherwise smile.gif

653.gif

Nicely done OldRod! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Never had one that close yet either... Congradulations! trink39.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ Jul 13 2007, 01:54 PM)
Anyone know what time the guys usually do sound check at Bonner Springs? I've never gotten there early enough for it, was kind of hoping to this time smile.gif

Not sure at that venue, but in Tampa they started around 4:30 for the 7:30 show.

Anxiously counting the days until the KC show. smile.gif

I am open to a pre-show meet up for the KC show.

I have transportation lined up such that i can pre-game anywhere.

If anyone wants to get in on transportation by a designated driver i have lined up, i am open to it.

We could meet up either downtown, Plaza, westport, wherever and have my transportation take us out there and pick us up after.

I am open to some pre-game action.

let's do it. propose a place and time.

Kelly's at 5 pm?

QUOTE (ShaniaFanAlso @ Aug 7 2007, 07:38 PM)
I am open to a pre-show meet up for the KC show.

I have transportation lined up such that i can pre-game anywhere.

If anyone wants to get in on transportation by a designated driver i have lined up, i am open to it.

We could meet up either downtown, Plaza, westport, wherever and have my transportation take us out there and pick us up after.

I am open to some pre-game action.

let's do it. propose a place and time.

Kelly's at 5 pm?

We're coming from OP, KS and will have a large, custom van to ride in to the venue. We were thinking about meeting somewhere close to the venue.

Are you referring to Kelly's in Westport or someplace out near the venue? Last time I was at this venue it was still called Sandstone, so I don't know if there is any place close it where we could meet for some drinks and food...?

Found a place very close to the venue that would work.

It's called "Side Pockets" and the address is:

620 Kansas Avenue

Bonner Springs, KS

We enjoy shooting pool and looks like they have some good food on their menu. If anyone is interested, we could meet there around 4:00 to eat, drink and shoot some pool before the show.

I do know there are some folks getting together at Bryants BBQ from 4-6pm or so. It's just east of the venue. I'm coming from Omaha and hope to be there sometime.

Kelly's is quite a ways away from the the venue. If meeting at five you'll only enjoy a beer or two and then have to be on your way. I'd suggest somewhere closer just in case traffic is bad, etc...

QUOTE (TMMB @ Aug 15 2007, 05:52 PM)
Having some drinks at Dave and Busters then heading over to Bryants for some BBQ. Both are close to each other and the venue. Welcome to join in if you would like.

Sounds good... wife and I may shoot a few games of pool at D&B's.

Haven't had Bryants BBQ in years! Would be a great pre-show dinner. Used to live in OP and Hayward's was our favorite.

Neil mentions Gates & Sons BBQ in his book Roadshow. Said how much he enjoys going back to KC for the BBQ and that Gates BBQ was his favorite. Even saw an old picture of the boys (late 70's I think) where Neil is wearing a red Gates BBQ T-shirt! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's been years since we've been to Sandstone...er, Verizon Amphitheatre and have only been to Legend's mall once since we moved away. Any suggestions on back-roads between the mall and venue to avoid the major traffic jams?

It's been years since we've been to Sandstone...er, Verizon Amphitheatre and have only been to Legend's mall once since we moved away. Any suggestions on back-roads between the mall and venue to avoid the major traffic jams?

Sorry its been years since Ive been to sandstone also. I do know that the Chiefs have a preseason game the same night so watch that traffic if your coming up that way. I would say you are most likely more familiar with the area than me. Planing on going to D&B around 3 then moving to AB around 5 that should give us time to find our way.

Archived