The Official Runner's Thread

deadwing2112

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 2 2009, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 2 2009, 06:45 AM)
4 last night  smile.gif

Cool, I got in only two tonight. But it's better than nothing. biggrin.gif

Absolutely.

Another 4 on the schedule tonight with a group...followed by chili drool1.gif

But...we're supposed to wear jingle bells for the run. This might drive me up the wall. wacko.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:06 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 2 2009, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 2 2009, 06:45 AM)
4 last night  smile.gif

Cool, I got in only two tonight. But it's better than nothing. biggrin.gif

Absolutely.

Another 4 on the schedule tonight with a group...followed by chili drool1.gif

But...we're supposed to wear jingle bells for the run. This might drive me up the wall. wacko.gif

laugh.gif All of you could put on some fake antlers to go along with the bells! biggrin.gif

I am hoping to get in a few miles tonight but not sure yet. trink39.gif

Planning on 7 tomorrow and 8 on Sunday.

bekloppt.gif

Keep on running!

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 5 2009, 04:17 AM)
QUOTE (plodder @ Dec 4 2009, 10:17 AM)
Planning on 7 tomorrow and 8 on Sunday.

bekloppt.gif

Keep on running!

bekloppt.gif Have fun and be safe. I hope to get in 10 miles this weekend! biggrin.gif

Cor, those two runs were tough. Welsh winter weather is taking hold. Very cold rain and biting winds. Brrrrrrr

Still they're done now. Miles in the bank.

Putting the deposit on the hotel in London shortly. Our running club does an organised trip every year.

I'm getting there!

Another second off my PB: 22.12

Just a minute to get to 21.12 now smile.gif

653.gif

Happy running everyone bekloppt.gif

Been sick this week :puke:

Hopefully back on track next week.

Shortest day soon then the nights will get longer and warmer :))

:hi: :hi:

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 17 2009, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 17 2009, 08:11 AM)
Tonight's run is going to be COLD.

How cold? its 0 degrees here. No running for me. tongue.gif

12F, wind chills definitely colder.

It was ok, parts of my body were somewhat numb a few times but hey -- I survived biggrin.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 17 2009, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 17 2009, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 17 2009, 08:11 AM)
Tonight's run is going to be COLD.

How cold? its 0 degrees here. No running for me. tongue.gif

12F, wind chills definitely colder.

It was ok, parts of my body were somewhat numb a few times but hey -- I survived biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Good job! Now go have some hot chocolate. biggrin.gif

5.5 hilly miles today. I ran this route over the summer but this was the first time getting back on it after my IT band problems. Good news? No hurts! But wow, I need to get back to running hills...I've had it too easy the last couple months LOL

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 22 2009, 09:19 AM)
5.5 hilly miles today.  I ran this route over the summer but this was the first time getting back on it after my IT band problems.  Good news?  No hurts!  But wow, I need to get back to running hills...I've had it too easy the last couple months LOL

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I got in two miles last night, short on time. Had some last minute Christmas shopping to do. tongue.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 22 2009, 07:19 PM)
5.5 hilly miles today.  I ran this route over the summer but this was the first time getting back on it after my IT band problems.  Good news?  No hurts!  But wow, I need to get back to running hills...I've had it too easy the last couple months LOL

I got in two miles last night, short on time. Had some last minute Christmas shopping to do.

I'm green with envy sat here surrounded by icy footpaths and pavements. Will have to wait until after the weekend before I can get out again.

Happy running.

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (plodder @ Dec 23 2009, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 22 2009, 07:19 PM)

I got in two miles last night, short on time. Had some last minute Christmas shopping to do.

I'm green with envy sat here surrounded by icy footpaths and pavements. Will have to wait until after the weekend before I can get out again.

Happy running.

bekloppt.gif

Can't you just buy some ice cleats? biggrin.gif I had to wear mine today, it's been warm and raining a little. I was able to get in six miles earlier today. trink39.gif

Went out for my Christmas Day run. Very tricky conditions so I kinda ran 80% and teetered/minced/walked the rest rofl3.gif At least some of my calories have move to the minus column.

Happy running bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (plodder @ Dec 25 2009, 04:44 AM)
Went out for my Christmas Day run. Very tricky conditions so I kinda ran 80% and teetered/minced/walked the rest  rofl3.gif  At least some of my calories have move to the minus column.

Happy running  bekloppt.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, I have had plenty of days like that. biggrin.gif I was able to get in 5 miles earlier. The condtions were perfect. trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 26 2009, 03:32 AM)
QUOTE (plodder @ Dec 25 2009, 04:44 AM)
Went out for my Christmas Day run. Very tricky conditions so I kinda ran 80% and teetered/minced/walked the rest  rofl3.gif  At least some of my calories have move to the minus column.

Happy running  bekloppt.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, I have had plenty of days like that. biggrin.gif I was able to get in 5 miles earlier. The condtions were perfect. trink39.gif

Luckily conditions improved dramatically over the last fw days and I managed to get an eight miler under my belt. There were still some stretches where I had to run on the very edge of the path where the ice was thinnest but at least I managed to run all the way around.

Happy running!

bekloppt.gif

Quite a good week for me.

8 miles Sunday

5 miles Monday

7 miles Wednesday

7 miles Friday

It's nice to get back into a routine.

Happy New Year to all the runners. Here's hoping for a healthy, injury free 2010!

bekloppt.gif