A Question For Alex

Rushman14

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Mar 19 2007, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 18 2007, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 18 2007, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 18 2007, 09:54 PM)
It's amazing how few are noticing that Alex's solo sounds like storm sirens. That's not an accident. Alex knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Read the lyrics. Look at the artwork. That solo is perfect for the theme of this song. So, to those people who are so stuck on how many notes Alex is playing -- get over it!  biggrin.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/farcryfrontjpg.jpg

I don't think it sounds like sirens, I never pay attention to neils lyrics and It still sounds like something is missing. It sounds incomplete. If that is what he was going for then so be it. Too to my ears though, it makes that particular part stand out as "off". The rest of the song is awesome though.

See, that's the whole point -- Alex DOES listen to Neil's lyrics! That's why that solo sounds the way it does! yes.gif

Do we really need lyrics? They are just background noise. Eventually I pick up most of them from listening to the music 3,000 times.

For example.... "A funeral dirge, my minds gone by." I frankly have no idea what it says. "I knew he was different, yada yada" Could have been I love pork chops, yummy, yummy. Backgound noise is background noise. Now we find out when Alex listens to lyrics we get no solos. Lyrics=BAD. wink.gif laugh.gif

Very funny!!

z7shysterical.gif

I do love geddys vocals yet I seldom hear the lyrics. Vocals are just like another instrument.

QUOTE (drew2112 @ Mar 18 2007, 08:35 PM)
The best solos are "nonsolos" aka Fripp/summers etc.

be appreciative, this isnt 80's metal.
cHeers smile.gif

Actually, some actual Fripp solos woulda been nice. unsure.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 18 2007, 09:54 PM)
It's amazing how few are noticing that Alex's solo sounds like storm sirens. That's not an accident. Alex knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Read the lyrics. Look at the artwork. That solo is perfect for the theme of this song. So, to those people who are so stuck on how many notes Alex is playing -- get over it! biggrin.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/farcryfrontjpg.jpg

I think we are assuming too much to believe that this was necessarily the effect that he was going for. It isn't about the quantity of notes. It's about another interesting melody played over the riffs in the song. We might as well decide that one and only one riff should be played per song.

Archived