I just sneezed and broke my rib

Riv

I hurt it, knew it was fractured doing martail arts training last week. I just sneezed and felt it break, and now I'm on the floor screaming intermittently. Might miss RIR tonight....damn...just...gotta...get....some....beer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 27 2004, 06:01 PM)
GOD!!!! RIV!!!!! Are you going to be ok???? Is there anything you can do at the E.R??? ohmy.gif sad.gif

I may go. I don't think they do jack for a rib.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 27 2004, 05:55 PM)
I hurt it, knew it was fractured doing martail arts training last week. I just sneezed and felt it break, and now I'm on the floor screaming intermittently. Might miss RIR tonight....damn...just...gotta...get....some....beer.

Are you serious? lol I think your just joking....but then again maybe your not...soo confused lol wacko.gif

I dont think there is anything they can do for broken ribs, you got to use your lungs all the way, or you get real sick. They can at least get you some real good pain meds. To help you thru, thats gotta hurt man!!! sad.gif Think of how much fun you will have here during the party on massive pain meds... laugh.gif JK, sorry. Tryin to cheer ya.... sad.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 27 2004, 08:07 PM)
I dont think there is anything they can do for broken ribs, you got to use your lungs all the way, or you get real sick. They can at least get you some real good pain meds. To help you thru, thats gotta hurt man!!! sad.gif Think of how much fun you will have here during the party on massive pain meds... laugh.gif JK, sorry. Tryin to cheer ya.... sad.gif

You're right, there isn't much they can do, 'cept give pain meds and such. I hope you are feeling better soon though, Riv!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 27 2004, 07:39 PM)
That really sucks, ok note to self, dont ever sneeze again.. EVER!

Problem is it was already cracked. I heard it pop in my brain. And it's in the back. Shoot me.

QUOTE (Trance @ Nov 27 2004, 06:41 PM)
Or just do it like my brother, he holds everything in, doesn't make a sound. He'll probably implode one day. . . oh wait. . . that's worse.... nevermind ph34r.gif

Lol, I have a habit of doing that, but I heard it was bad for your heart so I have been trying to let them go. I didnt like the attention it drew as a kid with all the other kids going "god bless you" or "gahzoontight (sp? lol I dont speak German).

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 27 2004, 09:42 PM)
Or just do it like my brother, he holds everything in, doesn't make a sound. He'll probably implode one day. . . oh wait. . . that's worse.... nevermind  ph34r.gif

Lol, I have a habit of doing that, but I heard it was bad for your heart so I have been trying to let them go. I didnt like the attention it drew as a kid with all the other kids going "god bless you" or "gahzoontight (sp? lol I dont speak German).

laugh.gif My bro is scared he's gonna blow his nose off (this is a 40 yr old man too lol). . . I keep telling him he's gonna explode a major organ instead.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 27 2004, 07:42 PM)
Or just do it like my brother, he holds everything in, doesn't make a sound. He'll probably implode one day. . . oh wait. . . that's worse.... nevermind  ph34r.gif

ohmy.gif IT"S BAD FOR YOUR HEART!!?!?!?!?! OMG I always hold it in! lol oK i'm never ever holding it in ever again! sad.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 27 2004, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 27 2004, 07:39 PM)
That really sucks, ok note to self, dont ever sneeze again.. EVER!

Problem is it was already cracked. I heard it pop in my brain. And it's in the back. Shoot me.

I definatly know that feeling Riv. I had a back injury in 9th grade while lifting weights and I just knew exactly how it started. After I did the military press with more weight then I was supposed to, more weight then I weighed at the time actually, I remember feeling that snapping feeling in my lower back after a difficult rep caused me to arch my back chest out. Blame it on the naivete of being 15 and trying to impress some other dancing girl by being able to lift her up for a performance doh.gif. I did the stoopid thing though after I realized I got hurt and continued to dance on it. Needless to say 2 months later I could barely take step without feeling like I was gonna fall over in pain which took a good 5 years out of dancing for me and effectivly ended any hopes for a professional dancing career.

I hope this injury doesnt leave you out of commission for too long, Hopefully within a few months you will be back on your feet and running again. Just be sure to take as much time as you need to heal and dont push yourself to heal faster wacko.gif

Archived