Animal Rescue Site

D-13

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my cat Stanley on June 16th a couple weeks ago. He had been slowly losing his appetite and then went into sudden convulsions. I rushed him to the emergency hospital and they reccomended that he be put to sleep having severe nuerological problems.

A few days later I stopped at Petsmart to pick up some food for his sister, Samantha and saw that the food had been recalled? I checked on the internet and found that it was due to a lack of vitamin B1. It was IAMS Pro Health soft food. I checked the symptoms and found they were exactly the same as his symptoms.

I called the Iams hotline and answered all their questions and was promised a call within 24 hours a week ago and no one has called.

None of the vets or animal hospital were aware of the recall. If the hospital had known they could have given him a shot which would have likely saved him. There was no notices in the store to warn customers as well. The only test to prove vitamin deficiency is very expensive so I assume IAMS and Proctor and Gamble don't give a rats ass if their Pro Health food is actually Pro Death food as long as it doesn't hurt their billion dollar industry the rat bastards.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/yangster1020/002.jpg

Running Rebel,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Losing an animal is as painful an experience as anyone can imagine, especially if it was avoidable. Try remembering the joy and love that Stanley brought to you. rose.gif

Clicked biggrin.gif

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_122706_ARS

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jun 28 2010, 11:20 AM)
I lost my cat Stanley on June 16th a couple weeks ago. He had been slowly losing his appetite and then went into sudden convulsions. I rushed him to the emergency hospital and they reccomended that he be put to sleep having severe nuerological problems.

A few days later I stopped at Petsmart to pick up some food for his sister, Samantha and saw that the food had been recalled? I checked on the internet and found that it was due to a lack of vitamin B1. It was IAMS Pro Health soft food. I checked the symptoms and found they were exactly the same as his symptoms.

I called the Iams hotline and answered all their questions and was promised a call within 24 hours a week ago and no one has called.

None of the vets or animal hospital were aware of the recall. If the hospital had known they could have given him a shot which would have likely saved him. There was no notices in the store to warn customers as well. The only test to prove vitamin deficiency is very expensive so I assume IAMS and Proctor and Gamble don't give a rats ass if their Pro Health food is actually Pro Death food as long as it doesn't hurt their billion dollar industry the rat bastards.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/yangster1020/002.jpg

Dammit, that just sucks and I'm so sorry. What a beautiful cat; how sad is this?!

Keep pounding on Iams' door, doll---don't let them get away with it!

Clickety-click-click!