Hot Fuzz

Melll

QUOTE (Melll @ Dec 25 2006, 02:21 PM)
I'm a huge fan of Spaced, and SotD is one of my favourite films, so Pegg, Wright, and Frost can do no wrong.

This movie can't fail, in my opinion.

It took me a while to hunt down a Region 1 DVD of Spaced, but I finally found it. Love that show.

QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 26 2006, 09:17 PM)
Is their any talk on when the new show could start? It seems to me it's been in pre-production for ages.

They've been so busy with movie projects that I have no idea if they will ever do a 3rd series. I know that Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson wrote a 1st episode to series 3 when they filmed the 3rd disk Spaced documentary "Skip To The End" (which I recommend seeing, if you haven't already, it's fantastic).

Back to the movie, this certainly has Edgars touch, and even in the trailer there are the level of references to the SotD and other homages no doubt (point 1 being the Lethal Weapon style music.)

Sorry for the miscommunication, I actually meant the show they've had in development for awhile "La Triviata". My fault I didn't specify that.

As for the movie, it looks fantastic. In the 2nd teaser trailer (found here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RP-33l5LzSU ), when Nick throws the DVD into the bin, it actually falls next to SotD, which has been renamed "Zombies Party".

I think La Triviata was supposed to have been shown by now, but, alas, it's not seen the light of day. Nick did "Hyperdrive" was was pretty damn good, for a BBC new comedy...

But yeah, thanks for the heads-up on that, I missed it when I saw that trailer before, and you know that the DVD is gonna have a "homage-o-meter", just like Spaced and Shaun Of The Dead.

I think it opens early February, and along with "For Your Consideration" it's the movie I'm most looking forward to in the new year.

Let's see what IMBD says, eh?

Release dates for Hot Fuzz (2007)

UK - 16 February 2007

Netherlands - 1 March 2007

Sweden - 2 March 2007

Australia - 15 March 2007

Russia - 15 March 2007

USA - 13 April 2007 (limited)

Spain - 27 April 2007

Germany - 14 June 2007

That should do ya?

I think SotD got a limited release also, and really found it's audience on DVD in the US.

When Simon and the big dude were promoting the movie, they stopped in Stockport HMV. My stepson couldn't get in _too crowded. So he waited out back and caught both of them and got pics with them.

Made his year laugh.gif