Goober Radio!

rushgoober

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 14 2009, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ May 14 2009, 04:01 PM)
A normal show?
I'll pass sarcasm.gif

laugh.gif

you best not past - i'm playing a request for you!

and besides, my normal is most people's weird. yes.gif

*sigh*

Fine.

Grudgingly heads over to chat.

My review of Goober Radio 5/21/09: Goob took to the airwaves like a cat takes to petroleum motor oil with a high viscosity rating. Arms and legs flailing like a monkey in a bird bath, Goob set forth to educate the masses on the Art of the Prog. His playlist looked somewhat promising straight out of the gates, playing selections from Caravan and some other guys and more other guys. Boob was really doing fine right up until the first commercial break, where he gave up completely on the craft of DJing and just played Aqualung straight through, in its entirety. Taking the easy way out, like the boy did in the 7th, 8th and 9th grade, before dropping out of school completely and began peddling corndogs on local street corners in southwesteastern Oregon. Just like his H.S. Guidance Counselor used to repeatedly reiterate, Goob gave a spin to a whole album-side so that he could lounge around and talk it up with a bunch of his friendly clods in the chart room. I was there charting it up as well, so I know firsthand. Then, Goob took to the air himself, grabbing the mic, and, just as we've suspected since forever, the boy's got a face made for radio. Goob gave us his compelling rendition of the confident radio personality. Ya know, that whole bogus shtick. But it became increasingly obvious that he was holding back a large bowel movement as the segement proceeded.... eventually you could actually hear the waste crawl up and jam his windpipe. That's when he put on another album-side and retired to the Men's Lounge for the next half hour. But, Goob made this particular reviewer's evening fun by giving him, not one, but two 'Shout-Outs' in his weekly shout-out section. No doubt, yet another segment of the show deliberately invented to avoid dead air and fill more space without any actual content. And, fill space is what Goob did for the remainder of the evening...playing joints from all kinds of whackadoodle artists that no one has heard of. In his defense, the Goob did play a mighty fine selection from Gentle Giant and another one from Wendy and Bonnie, and then, Comus. Nice. All in all, a very poor, yet highly entertaining show from RushGoober. I'd advise everyone out there studying 'communications' to stop by next week and check out Goob go. If anything, it will be an object lesson in what not to do with your own radio program. Of course, this is all in good fun, pokin' fun, and the show was a lot of fun for everyone and top notch. Top Shelf. Looking forward to the next round of Goober Radio. C.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 21 2009, 08:35 PM)
My review of Goober Radio 5/21/09: Goob took to the airwaves like a cat takes to petroleum motor oil with a high viscosity rating. Arms and legs flailing like a monkey in a bird bath, Goob set forth to educate the masses on the Art of the Prog. His playlist looked somewhat promising straight out of the gates, playing selections from Caravan and some other guys and more other guys. Boob was really doing fine right up until the first commercial break, where he gave up completely on the craft of DJing and just played Aqualung straight through, in its entirety. Taking the easy way out, like the boy did in the 7th, 8th and 9th grade, before dropping out of school completely and began peddling corndogs on local street corners in southwesteastern Oregon. Just like his H.S. Guidance Counselor used to repeatedly reiterate, Goob gave a spin to a whole album-side so that he could lounge around and talk it up with a bunch of his friendly clods in the chart room. I was there charting it up as well, so I know firsthand. Then, Goob took to the air himself, grabbing the mic, and, just as we've suspected since forever, the boy's got a face made for radio. Goob gave us his compelling rendition of the confident radio personality. Ya know, that whole bogus shtick. But it became increasingly obvious that he was holding back a large bowel movement as the segement proceeded.... eventually you could actually hear the waste crawl up and jam his windpipe. That's when he put on another album-side and retired to the Men's Lounge for the next half hour. But, Goob made this particular reviewer's evening fun by giving him, not one, but two 'Shout-Outs' in his weekly shout-out section. No doubt, yet another segment of the show deliberately invented to avoid dead air and fill more space without any actual content. And, fill space is what Goob did for the remainder of the evening...playing joints from all kinds of whackadoodle artists that no one has heard of. In his defense, the Goob did play a mighty fine selection from Gentle Giant and another one from Wendy and Bonnie, and then, Comus. Nice. All in all, a very poor, yet highly entertaining show from RushGoober. I'd advise everyone out there studying 'communications' to stop by next week and check out Goob go. If anything, it will be an object lesson in what not to do with your own radio program. Of course, this is all in good fun, pokin' fun, and the show was a lot of fun for everyone and top notch. Top Shelf. Looking forward to the next round of Goober Radio. C.

ohmy.gif

In my defense, I only played side 2 of Aqualung. tongue.gif

Glad to have you listening! trink39.gif

Goob, I know yer all gung-ho about the German thing. And, since there's no way of disuading you, can ya at least play a couple things that a brother be knowin? Hmm? When I think of Krautrok, I think of that Amon Duul album that I mentioned, with its 30 minute, aimless jam sessions. But, what about other German Prog Rock? Will there be anything from a masterpiece like Grobschnitt's Rockpommel's Land? Maybe something from a well known treasure like Eloy's Ocean? I really don't like the vocals on the Eloy stuff. Sounds like Bob Dylan with a veiner shnitz jammed in his vind pipe.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM)
Goob, I know yer all gung-ho about the German thing. And, since there's no way of disuading you, can ya at least play a couple things that a brother be knowin? Hmm? When I think of Krautrok, I think of that Amon Duul album that I mentioned, with its 30 minute, aimless jam sessions. But, what about other German Prog Rock? Will there be anything from a masterpiece like Grobschnitt's Rockpommel's Land? Maybe something from a well known treasure like Eloy's Ocean? I really don't like the vocals on the Eloy stuff. Sounds like Bob Dylan with a veiner shnitz jammed in his vind pipe.

Grobschnitt & Eloy, while German, are much more prog than krautrock - I'm not planning on playing them - Eloy's vocals are pretty bad. Can't say as you'll recognize stuff or not - at least one thing you will...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 4 2009, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 4 2009, 01:37 PM)
Goobs

unsure.gif

Goobs