Commando

Saint NIck

Hey Everybody!

Last night I wrote up about Caddyshack; about laughter being the best medicine.

Today, I'd like to add another classic-favorite movie, and get your take on Arnold Schwarzenegger (did I spell that right?) in Commando; the film came out in '85; I got it on VHS in '87, and it's been a fave since.

You can call me weird and/or what you will, but there's a scene within the first 45 minutes of the movie that just makes me laugh so hard...almost so hard it hurts; I know, I can't help it.

Anyone a fan or follower of Arnold may remember the scene, "...I have to remind you Sully, this is my weak arm...I lied...".

I very much enjoy other Arnold movies, of course The Terminator series, Kindergarten Cop and Twins, but Commando will always be my fave.

My manager at work told me, "...don't do it; they won't remember that line...they'll think you're weird...". My reply to him was, "...it's ok, we're all Rush fans..."; I'm trying to convert him.

Anyway, my friends, I thank you for your time.

Take care.

I like Arnie movies, especially Commando.

Plenty of action and good lines.

Most of it is believable apart from the scenes near the end when he is being shot at by god knows how many men and they all miss while he is a one man army killing everything in sight!

A minor criticism of a good film.

P.S I must be weird also because I always remember that line

"Do you remember when I said that I would kill you last - I lied"