John Henson - TV Guide Channel

rushgoober

Ok, so are my wife and I the only ones who can't stand John Henson on the TV Guide channel? unsure.gif

"Can't stand" is perhaps a bit strong a term, but the guy is seriously unfunny. He's got that routine going like on the show "Talk Soup" where he tells jokes and unseen people in the studio laugh at them, but the problem is, 98% of the jokes really suck, and he's got this confident "I'm really hilarious" swagger about him.

For some reason when he first was on the TV Guide channel, I thought he was pretty funny. Either he WAS funny and it didn't last long, or somehow I was momentarily deluded into thinking he was funny, but the sad truth of the matter now is that he is not . And he's on so often that we have no choice but to listen to him if we want to see what shows are coming up.

So, can I get an amen or two here that the guy's jokes are hopelessly lame??? confused13.gif

Edited by rushgoober

I kinda liked him on Talk Soup, where about 1 of every 5 jokes hit. Not so much anymore.

I remember cracking up when he suddenly recited dialogue from Silence of the Lambs, in character, on Talk Soup:

"I've got your dog, mister!"

"It puts the lotion in the basket..."

QUOTE (Rush! @ Oct 20 2006, 04:14 PM)
I've only seen a couple episodes of Talk Soup, it was just completely un-funny celebrity humor to me. John Henson actually used to have his own show on SpikeTV and it was very funny.

The Spike show is what I know him from. If that's supposed to be his good stuff then I'll stay far away.