"Animate" loop on KNBR 680 during T.O. Talk!

RUSHHEAD666

I was driving home today in my hellish commute listening to the local Bay Area sports talk station KNBR 680. It was the "Razor and Mr. T" Show.

There was a commercial break then all of the sudden I heard the beginning of "Animate" blasting in the pure sonic sound of AM radio. Yeah right.

Anyway, the guys at the studio turned "Animate" into a constant loop. Right before Geddy starts to sing, the song goes back to the part after the snare drum intro. Pretty cool. The strange thing is that it kept playing in the background while Ralph and Tom were talking about the T.O. so-called suicide attempt. Rubbish if you ask me.

Nonetheless it was two minutes of "Animate" on the radio.

I have threaded this before but KNBR plays a lot of RUSH snipets. "Subdivisions," "Analog Kid," and even "The Big Money."

You got to love it!!!

Earl

Hey Maddy!

You would love living in the Bay Area then. We have a classic rock station here called 107.7 The Bone. All they do is play Led Zeppelin. I love the band but man total overkill for sure.

Meanwhile they only play the "Rush Basics!"

Oh well!

Time to go "In Through the Outdoor" one more time!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!

Earl

The Bone is pretty cool. The last two Rush tours when Rush has been in the Bay Area (playing Shoreline-Concord) the Bone played Rush A to Z.. All Rush tunes in Alphabetical order.. Very cool.. While driving to the shows, I was able to listen to NOTHING but random Rush tunes on the Bone.. I'm sure they will do it again when they tour next year.

Oh, and I've also heard Rush snippets on KNBR 680.. I've heard many tunes including SOR and TS.

Archived