U-F-O

Natural Rush

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 14 2008, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:18 PM)
I saw UFO open for Rush in 77. they were supporting their Light Out album and it ruled.  1022.gif

Dang I'm old.

Same here, September 1977 laugh.gif Yes were getting up there old.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

which venue? mine was at the santa monica civic on 10/1/77. i was 8th row. i was quite blown away by the whole experience as a 15 year old kid.

user posted image

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i must be in a minority as, apart from lights out, the wild the willing an the innocent is the best album ufo ever made. mechanix is pretty damn good too but this era of the band always seems to get overlooked, especially by the band themselves.

and strangers... is one of the best live albums, although i wish there was more from lights out on it, especially electric phase.

QUOTE (arctangent @ Mar 18 2008, 03:57 AM)
i think i must be in a minority as, apart from lights out, the wild the willing an the innocent is the best album ufo ever made. mechanix is pretty damn good too but this era of the band always seems to get overlooked, especially by the band themselves.

and strangers... is one of the best live albums, although i wish there was more from lights out on it, especially electric phase.

I agree with you, The Wild, the Willing and the Innocent is excellent, and so is No Place to Run. I'm not so keen on Mechanix or Making Contact, but Tonka Chapman is vastly underrated, in fact he kills on those first two.

I'll make sure I send a few tracks from TWTWATI and No Place to Run to Amy as well as Obsession, Strangers, Walk on Water, and some UFO related stuff like Mogg/Way's Chocolate Box (feat the exellent jeff Kollman), Sign of 4 (also faturing Kollman), MSG's debut album and also Assault Attack.

Oh yes I'll paint Amy a very detailed UFO picture...

1022.gif

QUOTE (arctangent @ Mar 18 2008, 01:57 AM)

Electric Phase rules! One of the best guitar solos ever recorded!

1022.gif

Archived