Classic TV headed for DVD

Jack Aubrey

From The Digital Bits

We've got some great news for you today about more classic Universal TV series coming to DVD in the months ahead. In a sales booklet (promoting Universal TV product) that's included in the packaging of the studio's Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Epic Series (due in stores next Tuesday, 11/16), Leave it to Beaver, Amazing Stories, Woody Woodpecker and Kojak are all listed as "Coming Soon to a DVD Near You". What's more, at a special 25th anniversary screening last night at the American Cinematheque in Hollywood of the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century theatrical film, Universal Studios Home Entertainment VP of Marketing Robert Reed confirmed that both The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman are currently being prepared for DVD release in 2005. Figured you classic TV fans would like to hear that good news!

I also just saw that the entire catalog of Seinfeld will be released on dvd in a few weeks! Including all the unseen, uncut stuff. I'm in on this one.

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 11 2004, 09:13 AM)
Did anyone else here have a crush on Jamie Summers (was that her name?), the Bionic Woman? yes.gif (Lindsey Wagner)

Is that a rhetorical question, BSG? biggrin.gif When is Wonder Woman coming out on DVD? 653.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 11 2004, 09:29 AM)
I also just saw that the entire catalog of Seinfeld will be released on dvd in a few weeks! Including all the unseen, uncut stuff. I'm in on this one.

No, just the first three seasons will be released on November 23. The rest will follow whenever. I'll buy the first six seasons for sure....I might buy season seven....I probably won't buy seasons eight and nine.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 11 2004, 10:12 AM)
Did anyone else here have a crush on Jamie Summers (was that her name?), the Bionic Woman?  yes.gif  (Lindsey Wagner)

Is that a rhetorical question, BSG? biggrin.gif When is Wonder Woman coming out on DVD? 653.gif

Yes........ I suppose it was. biggrin.gif

Feel free to wax rhapsodic over the TV babe of your choice. Hey now! There's an idea for a new thread...... laugh.gif

Did anyone else here have a crush on Jamie Summers (was that her name?), the Bionic Woman? yes.gif (Lindsey Wagner)

Of course, I also thought it would have been cool to be the $6 million man! biggrin.gif (BECAUSE he had such an awesome girlfriend.)

I had the Bionic Woman doll, board game, and action playset when I was little. Gave it all away. Wish I'd known about eBay back then. rofl3.gif