• The Hulk
    • Iron Man
    • Silver Surfer
    • Spider-Man
    • Superman
    • Thor
    • Wolverine
    • Wonder Woman

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 16 2006, 02:47 PM)
I always had a problem with Spiderman and his match-ups with various people because of inconsistency. I mean he can live with the likes of the Hulk and the Absorbing Man (yeah they're dumb enough to be outsmarted but that's not what I mean) and yet often some real lightweights get the better of him.

Now I know he supposedly pulls his punches, but he's supposed to be able to lift ten tons, just imagine how dense the muscles would have to be for a 160 pound guy to lift that weight and imagine also what damage a guy with that power together with lightning speed could do with a punch on a guy like Daredevil for instance. No matter how well trained DD is, one punch would finish him cos you can't put muscles or martial arts skills on chins... Now don't tell me about killer martial arts blows etc, no normal guy no matter how well trained (Batman, Daredevil) could take the punch of a superfast guy who can lift ten tons. The only way I'd accept those guys would win against Spidey is if spidey let them or was taken out before he did anything...which could happen.

Spidey is HIGHLY under-rated. He has mid to high level power and he's brilliant, so yeah... he's a top threat. BUT... he's NOT invulnerable, so if Batman or even Daredevil connects, it's gonna still hurt. Bats can avoid being hit by THE FLASH, so avoiding a shot from Spidey is well within his abilities.

When Spidey had the black costume (Venom), he was almost unstoppable. His power levels were off the chart. Then there was the time he was inhabited by the Captain Cosmic power (yeah, that was lame). Any time you beef up Spidey's powers he's a top level hero. Right now I guess his costume is from Tony Stark and has all kinds of gadgetry and armor. I haven't seen it and am not reading anything currently, so don't know for sure how this costume looks. I will wait until the Civil War series is collected in trade paperback form. yes.gif

Did you see the Spidey/Batman crossover? Awesome. There's a scene where spidey tries to make a joke about Superman and Bats just looks at him and Spidey gets all nervous and star struck and calls Bats SIR. It's hilarious. I totally marked out for that panel. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 16 2006, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 16 2006, 02:47 PM)
I always had a problem with Spiderman and his match-ups with various people because of inconsistency. I mean he can live with the likes of the Hulk and the Absorbing Man (yeah they're dumb enough to be outsmarted but that's not what I mean) and yet often some real lightweights get the better of him.

Now I know he supposedly pulls his punches, but he's supposed to be able to lift ten tons, just imagine how dense the muscles would have to be for a 160 pound guy to lift that weight and imagine also what damage a guy with that power together with lightning speed could do with a punch on a guy like Daredevil for instance. No matter how well trained DD is, one punch would finish him cos you can't put muscles or martial arts skills on chins... Now don't tell me about killer martial arts blows etc, no normal guy no matter how well trained (Batman, Daredevil) could take the punch of a superfast guy who can lift ten tons. The only way I'd accept those guys would win against Spidey is if spidey let them or was taken out before he did anything...which could happen.

Spidey is HIGHLY under-rated. He has mid to high level power and he's brilliant, so yeah... he's a top threat. BUT... he's NOT invulnerable, so if Batman or even Daredevil connects, it's gonna still hurt. Bats can avoid being hit by THE FLASH, so avoiding a shot from Spidey is well within his abilities.

When Spidey had the black costume (Venom), he was almost unstoppable. His power levels were off the chart. Then there was the time he was inhabited by the Captain Cosmic power (yeah, that was lame). Any time you beef up Spidey's powers he's a top level hero. Right now I guess his costume is from Tony Stark and has all kinds of gadgetry and armor. I haven't seen it and am not reading anything currently, so don't know for sure how this costume looks. I will wait until the Civil War series is collected in trade paperback form. yes.gif

Did you see the Spidey/Batman crossover? Awesome. There's a scene where spidey tries to make a joke about Superman and Bats just looks at him and Spidey gets all nervous and star struck and calls Bats SIR. It's hilarious. I totally marked out for that panel. yes.gif

I've not read the Civil War thing yet, but I did just read The Other and it was very disappointing it was like they decided the ending first and just filled in the rest with a lot of filler story in order to make that ending happen. There was virtually nothing about Morlun and what happened to him after he died last time and how he came back, he was just back, not much story at all. They went on about Peter's illness but that was never explained either, he was just restored. One thing I did notice is how chracters like The Wolverine and The Black Panther etc refer to Spider-Man as some punk kid, I know he's younger but it seems strange him being junior to them after being around so much longer, about 12 years longer then Logan for instance.

The best recent series of Spidey was the Marvel Knights series from 1-18 before The Other began...

Oh yeah going back to powers, Spidey has a whole new set, he can see in the dark, has stingers, is faster, probably stronger too in fact everything seems enhanced plus he now has the iron spider suit, so if he can't take out guys like The Vulture and The Shocker easier than before then why ratchet him up at all?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 17 2006, 09:40 AM)
One thing I did notice is how chracters like The Wolverine and The Black Panther etc refer to Spider-Man as some punk kid, I know he's younger but it seems strange him being junior to them after being around so much longer, about 12 years longer then Logan for instance.

Wolverine's a geezer. He's over 100.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 17 2006, 09:20 AM)
One thing I did notice is how chracters like The Wolverine and The Black Panther etc refer to Spider-Man as some punk kid, I know he's younger but it seems strange him being junior to them after being around so much longer, about 12 years longer then Logan for instance.

Yeah, years in Marvel mean NOTHING. In continuity Spidey's still in his early twenties. His career isn't even a decade long yet. And as JB said, Logan is very old. Nearly TWO hundred isn't it? He was turn of 18th century I believe. As for T'challa, he's in his mid to late 30's and has been the prince of Wakanda and now King all his life. He's a senior Avenger and former chairman. He's just snotty and arrogant by nature, so I'm sure he'd consider Spidey a "boy". Spidey rarely ever gets the respect of other heroes until he kicks their asses in. I think the only ones who ever took him serious from the get go are Reed Richards and Charles Xavier. They'd be watching him decimate their entire teams and realize he was definitely a force to be reckoned with. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 17 2006, 11:58 AM)

Yeah, years in Marvel mean NOTHING. In continuity Spidey's still in his early twenties. His career isn't even a decade long yet. And as JB said, Logan is very old. Nearly TWO hundred isn't it? He was turn of 18th century I believe. As for T'challa, he's in his mid to late 30's and has been the prince of Wakanda and now King all his life. He's a senior Avenger and former chairman. He's just snotty and arrogant by nature, so I'm sure he'd consider Spidey a "boy". Spidey rarely ever gets the respect of other heroes until he kicks their asses in. I think the only ones who ever took him serious from the get go are Reed Richards and Charles Xavier. They'd be watching him decimate their entire teams and realize he was definitely a force to be reckoned with. yes.gif

Yeah I know all this I was reading marvel comics back in 1973. And this was before the Wolverine existed. I still think of him as the weird looking Hulk adversary in the Wendigo story from 1974. Who knew he was gonna become a big part of the "new" X-men back then? So it doesn't matter how old hes' supposed to be, in my mind he's 32...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 17 2006, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 17 2006, 11:58 AM)

Yeah I know all this I was reading marvel comics back in 1973. And this was before the Wolverine existed. I still think of him as the weird looking Hulk adversary in the Wendigo story from 1974. Who knew he was gonna become a big part of the "new" X-men back then? So it doesn't matter how old hes' supposed to be, in my mind he's 32...

biggrin.gif

Then Batman and Superman are almost a hundred??? laugh.gif

Are you reading any of the Year One stories in DC? They did another continuity "clear up" with another crisis story. NOW Jason Todd is alive again. What's your opinion on that?

Y'know... hang on... i think I'll make a thread. yes.gif

Uh, you guys forgot to include Geddy Lee.

His kick ass bass skills cause earthquakes, tsunamis, tidal waves, and he can swing his Ric around like it was an ax and slaughter his opponents.

Pluse, he can sing high pitched and deafen his foes.

And he spits out his wine like acid, burning holes through even the toughest materials.

And his superior knowledge of baseball can confuse and shut down a person's brain in a whim.

You wonder why he wairs glasses all the time? because without them, he could hypnotize his oppenents to become a Rush fan, thereby making them his slave to protect him.

And he has no weaknesses.

Beat that, Superman!

QUOTE (makehaste2112 @ Jan 5 2008, 03:44 PM)
Uh, you guys forgot to include Geddy Lee.

His kick ass bass skills cause earthquakes, tsunamis, tidal waves, and he can swing his Ric around like it was an ax and slaughter his opponents.

Pluse, he can sing high pitched and deafen his foes.

And he spits out his wine like acid, burning holes through even the toughest materials.

And his superior knowledge of baseball can confuse and shut down a person's brain in a whim.

You wonder why he wairs glasses all the time? because without them, he could hypnotize his oppenents to become a Rush fan, thereby making them his slave to protect him.

And he has no weaknesses.

Beat that, Superman!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 14 2006, 12:26 AM)
I'd go with the Silver Surfer he's got to be the most underrated super hero of them all. He's as powerful as the savage version of Hulk when as enraged, has his cosmic powers, is pretty much indistructable, can fly as fast as any of the others but with major maneuvering skills even at light speed and can even travel through time. He's dealt with threats as powerful as Galactus, plus he has no real weaknesses while Superman has the old kryptonite achilles heel.

NERD COMIN' THROUGH WATCH OUT!!!!!

I have to agree. With the exception of Eternity, SS is the badest figure in the Marvel universe.

He is the Lizard King...He can do ANYTHING!!!!