Batman to Take On Al-Qaeda In Graphic Novel

Test4VitalSigns

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060214/ts_al...ks_060214163702

I really don't know if this belongs in the VV forum because it concerns a graphic novel and not a movie per se, but it is Batman, a pop culture icon, and it is being wriiten by Frank Miller (of Sin City fame), and it possibly could be made into a flick someday (who knows? confused13.gif )

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (thestand @ Feb 16 2006, 10:19 AM)
I think the idea is plain stupid.

But that's not why I'm posting- why don't we have a forum for all things written? For the novels, poetry, and graphic novels? I think we really should yes.gif

It's been tried before in the past...

never got past the planning stages.

The idea behing the story sounds interesting though. Although, I thought Miller's "All-Star Batman & Robin" series sucked, most of his previous works have been great, especially Sin City, "Batman: Year One" and "The Dark Knight Returns."

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 16 2006, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Feb 16 2006, 10:19 AM)
I think the idea is plain stupid.

But that's not why I'm posting- why don't we have a forum for all things written? For the novels, poetry, and graphic novels? I think we really should yes.gif

It's been tried before in the past...

never got past the planning stages.

The idea behing the story sounds interesting though. Although, I thought Miller's "All-Star Batman & Robin" series sucked, most of his previous works have been great, especially Sin City, "Batman: Year One" and "The Dark Knight Returns."

I missed the All-star one.

Sounds like a good thing.

QUOTE (Batman @ Feb 17 2006, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Feb 17 2006, 05:23 PM)
I'm not a big fan of Batman but the concept sounds VERY interesting. To me, at least..

Hey, what did I ever do to you??????????? ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif joker.gif

laugh.gif

These type novels have been done before. I don't regularly buy them, but Batman gets put into regular, real world situations a lot of times. I don't have the info handy, but you can google THE EVIL THAT MEN DO. That was an amazing novel that got turned into a graphic novel, about Batman learning that his parents were killed because they were part of a group of activists that were trying to stop child prostitution. The story is filthy and evil, but it's also AMAZING. The graphic novel would never meet Code approval, so the novel is reccomended as well.

That's just one instance of this being done before. I know of others, but it's late and I can't think off hand.

I hope Frank can do this justice. He's been riding a big wave of his past abilities. I think the sequel to The Return of the Dark Knight SUCKED. I didn't like his Batman and Robin thing either, from the little i read. His art has always been terrible in my opinion. Sometimes it FIT the story... like Sin City, but most of the time i just think he plain sucks. So we'll see where this goes.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 23 2006, 03:19 PM)

His art has always been terrible in my opinion.  Sometimes it FIT the story... like Sin City, but most of the time i just think he plain sucks.  So we'll see where this goes.

I never cared for his art either. The only thing I own that Miller's done is the solo Wolverine mini-series he did with Chris Claremont in the early 80's. I thought that was greatness. I also think that it helped Wolverine's popularity increase. Then again those stories were Claremont's doing but Miller was there!