Bands you grew to love

Moonraker

Led Zeppelin and The Grateful Dead. They had these cult followings in High School, and I refused to jump on any bandwagon. It wasn't until I was out of school that I grew to appreciate Zeppelin for who they were. And I didn't begin to like the Dead until after Jerry died, and I heard the "Blues for Allah" album.

Dream Theater? So many Rush fans like them, and I've tried - I've really tried - to give them a fair shake. I've bought five of their albums and STILL I can't get into them. The cover songs on "Change of Seasons" are okay, and I appreciate their musicianship, but I hate LaBrie's vocals and I think the lyrics are too dark. Maybe someday I'll dig them.

i never have grown to like a band i did not like from their begining, however some bands have turned me off after they sold out and went opo as they got older!!! long live rock n roll!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have to say that there are very few... If I don't like a band when I first hear them, I generally never like them..

However, when I was younger (many years ago) I could never understand why Led Zepplin was such a big deal. I liked a few songs on the radio, Stairway to Heaven, Rock -n- Roll, but the rest of their stuff just kinda grated on me... But, because they were so popular and were on the rock radio non-stop, I continued to listen and give them a chance...

I eventually owned all their albums.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Feb 21 2006, 08:37 PM)
I'd have to say that there are very few... If I don't like a band when I first hear them, I generally never like them..

However, when I was younger (many years ago) I could never understand why Led Zepplin was such a big deal. I liked a few songs on the radio, Stairway to Heaven, Rock -n- Roll, but the rest of their stuff just kinda grated on me... But, because they were so popular and were on the rock radio non-stop, I continued to listen and give them a chance...

I eventually owned all their albums.

Zep is the opposite with me...I used to be the biggest fanatic ever, but then their songs all got overplayed to death and I can't listen to them anymore, with a few exceptions.

Archived