The Indianapolis Chokes, er, Colts

Snowdog

Well, the Colts have shown us once again that they are nothing but a bunch of chokers. When it comes crunch time, they don't have the guts to hang with a tough, smashmouth football team. They're a bunch of pretty boys, with the exception of Edgerrin James, who don't like to get their uniforms dirty. Hit 'em in the mouth a few times, and they fold.

The Chokes have to be the most overrated team of the past decade. Great in the regular season, but can't win a big game when it counts. I really thought the Chokes had it together this year with the D coming on strong the way they did, but nothing has changed.

Peyton will be another Marino. Magnificent stats, but no ring.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 15 2006, 11:36 AM)
Well, the Colts have shown us once again that they are nothing but a bunch of chokers. When it comes crunch time, they don't have the guts to hang with a tough, smashmouth football team. They're a bunch of pretty boys, with the exception of Edgerrin James, who don't like to get their uniforms dirty. Hit 'em in the mouth a few times, and they fold.

The Chokes have to be the most overrated team of the past decade. Great in the regular season, but can't win a big game when it counts. I really thought the Chokes had it together this year with the D coming on strong the way they did, but nothing has changed.

They are still a great team. Just not as good as the Steelers thats all. smile.gif

I thought I told ya'll????

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 15 2006, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 15 2006, 04:36 PM)

yes.gif

trink39.gif

My sentiments too..I've been saying this for a few years now though I thought this year he might get rid of that tag....guess not

Marino was one of the best ever. So is peyton. I have no doubt that the Colts will win a championship under Peyton. They have many more pieces. The mistake they made this year was thinking they would go undefeated ... then they rested too early and never recovered. I believe they would have won today if it wasn't for that "5 week layoff."

And, the Steelers won, but barely. They were less than stellar in the 2nd half.

I kind of felt the same way about Manning after hearing about the loss. For the longest time, I used to feel the same way about Elway, until he finally shed the tag. So, ya gotta figure, if Elway can do it, maybe Manning can too.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 15 2006, 03:54 PM)
Marino was one of the best ever. So is peyton. I have no doubt that the Colts will win a championship under Peyton. They have many more pieces. The mistake they made this year was thinking they would go undefeated ... then they rested too early and never recovered. I believe they would have won today if it wasn't for that "5 week layoff."

And, the Steelers won, but barely. They were less than stellar in the 2nd half.

The refs didn't help that at all. They did fine in the 2nd half I thought. The colts had to go for it on 4th 2 different times. Our defense sacked Manning when it counted. They were stellar the whole game or they wouldn't have beat the team with the best QB in the game. The Steelers were all over Manning, that was a clear interception and the ref cheated and gave the colts another chance or they wouldn't even have scored that last touchdown.

They were stellar as hell. I am surprised anyone can claim otherwise. I won't even mention that blatant pass interference on Antwan and the call where the colts jumped offsides and the refs didn't even call anything. How can they jump in the backfield and there be a no call? They tried to give the colts that game. I usually won't bitch about bad calls but damn, that's the only way the colts could score. The Steelers defense was just too much for them.

I have to respond when someones not giving them the credit they deserve. They were the Pittsburgh STELLARS in that game. I just hope they can keep up the blitzing next week in Denver. I guess "less than stellar" isn't exactly a cutdown but still, when you go into indy in an important game like that and come away with a victory after dominating despite the help from the refs, then you deserve some credit. Anyone who saw that INT has to admit, that was a bad call, then the colts scored 2 plays later. BULLSHIT! I think they should fire that ref and set an example for all the rest in the league. NO CHEATING!

But we won so............

what went wrong ? was it manning in a big spot, blows it again. were they just unable to get the rust out ? did they try to hard to win for dungy ? maybe at this point the steelers were just better, all i can say is that was one crazy game !

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 16 2006, 03:28 AM)
maybe at this point the steelers were just better,

BINGO

Another reason why the Steelers slowed down as far as scoring in the 2nd half is because they started playing conservative and trying to waste the clock. The colts had 8 guys on the line and the Steelers still went with the run. They also had to go for it on 4th down a couple times but they sent the bus on a run anyway regardless of the 8 guys on the line and got the first down. The colts had a good defense all year long that's why they won so many games. The STELLARS were just a better team. You got it right with that.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 16 2006, 06:22 AM)
manning can't make plays out of the pocket. it's a simple strategy.

and i got it from NFL TOTAL ACCESS!

Most QB's QB rating goes down once they get flushed out of the pocket. Big Ben is the only QB that I know of that has a better QB rating once he's outside of the pocket. That's rare in the NFL. I'm not complaining one bit. smile.gif

I don't agree that the Colts choked. no.gif

The Steelers got off to a flier and played great football. The Colts got off to a slow start...possibly because most of the starters hadn't played for 2 to 3 weeks. Manning showed that he wasn't a choker in the 4th quarter, don't forget they only lost because Vanderjagt missed an easy field goal, that wasn't Manning's or the rest of the team's fault. The Colts had momentum on their side in the latter stages of the game. They definately didn't choke but just had too much of a margin to catch up on in the end.

And I don't even like the Colts laugh.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 16 2006, 07:00 AM)
I don't agree that the Colts choked. no.gif

The Steelers got off to a flier and played great football. The Colts got off to a slow start...possibly because most of the starters hadn't played for 2 to 3 weeks. Manning showed that he wasn't a choker in the 4th quarter, don't forget they only lost because Vanderjagt missed an easy field goal, that wasn't Manning's or the rest of the team's fault. The Colts had momentum on their side in the latter stages of the game. They definately didn't choke but just had too much of a margin to catch up on in the end.

And I don't even like the Colts  laugh.gif

I have to agree. Anytime a team loses a game then someone claims they choked. In a game 50% of the teams lose 100% of the time. That's a lot of so called "choking" now isn't it?

The Colts got beat by a better team, they were outplayed on the field, and outcoached. I will say the same thing about the Steelers last season when a better team came in and stomped their ass in the championship game. (The Pats) Some call it choking, I call it getting beat by a better team.

I would agree with choking if they just totally blew it, for instance, 20 dropped passes right in the hands of a reciever, 5 missed field goals, 10 fumbles from a nervous RB, etc.....

Getting beat by a better team is just that, getting beat by a better team. I told everyone before the game started that the colts would lose because they were cold, and damned if that's what it looked like happened to me. Last season the colts got beat by the Pats which was a better team.

The only part I don't agree on is "they only lost because missed field goal"...They lost because they got outplayed, if it wasn't for the refs cheating and helping the colts, they wouldn't have been in a position to tie the game at the last minute anyway. That last Touchdown was basically given to them. Every story I've read about it and on sportcenter they are talking about how horrible that call was when they overturned that Interception. That was the single worse call in NFL history, plus the ref was able to watch it for over 2 whole minutes before deciding to overturn it. That shouldn't have happened. I truly think the ref should be fired for that to set an example.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 12:37 PM)
Every story I've read about it and on sportcenter they are talking about how horrible that call was when they overturned that Interception. That was the single worse call in NFL history, plus the ref was able to watch it for over 2 whole minutes before deciding to overturn it. That shouldn't have happened. I truly think the ref should be fired for that to set an example.

I normally don't approve of bitching about calls, but I have to agree with you here.

The ref's ruling on that interception was just . . . bizarre.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 16 2006, 08:01 AM)
Every story I've read about it and on sportcenter they are talking about how horrible that call was when they overturned that Interception. That was the single worse call in NFL history, plus the ref was able to watch it for over 2 whole minutes before deciding to overturn it. That shouldn't have happened. I truly think the ref should be fired for that to set an example.

I normally don't approve of bitching about calls, but I have to agree with you here.

I'm not a big fan of bitching about bad calls either. But.......WOW!!!

I don't know what to think about that one. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 16 2006, 08:01 AM)

I'm not a big fan of bitching about bad calls either. But.......WOW!!!

I don't know what to think about that one. confused13.gif

Came across this on ESPN's website:

I can't be positive, but when referee Pete Morelli went under the instant replay hood to look at Troy Polamalu's interception, I bet Paul Tagliabue came on the screen and said: "Yeah, I'm going to need you to overturn this and call it an incompletion, mmkay? See, we really want the Colts to make the Super Bowl, mmkay? So just say he never had possession. Try an explanation with the term 'football move' in it, mmkay? Nobody knows what that means."

I hate to think that the refs would ever intentionally try to affect the outcome of a game with corrupt calls, but a call so obviously wrong as that one makes me wonder . . .

I picked Indy to win big. No doubt that the Steelers played a hell of a game and DEVSERVED to win even though the refs TRIED to screw them.

In my Indy pick I guess I left out the Manning choking "x" factor. What was I thinking?

I was watching Sportscenter and they put the camera on like 5 different people as the field goal was kicked and every one of them mouthed "He missed it". I thought it was hilarious. Man, it's really got to suck to be the kicker of a team.

Archived