Looking for a bass

xanadu-

heh..ok! Here it goes/

Ive gotten to love rush so much that listening to them is just not enough anymore and i am thinking of starting with playing bass. The problem is that i am totally unfamiliar with bass brand and such and i was wondering if you could help me out!

thanks in advance smile.gif

QUOTE (xanadu- @ Jan 15 2006, 03:20 PM)
heh..ok! Here it goes/
Ive gotten to love rush so much that listening to them is just not enough anymore and i am thinking of starting with playing bass. The problem is that i am totally unfamiliar with bass brand and such and i was wondering if you could help me out!

A good cheap bass is a Squier Jazz (or precision?) Bass, you can find some with an amplifier with it.

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jan 15 2006, 09:26 AM)
heh..ok! Here it goes/

A good cheap bass is a Squier Jazz (or precision?) Bass, you can find some with an amplifier with it.

That's the link I posted. laugh.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 15 2006, 09:21 AM)
What's your cash situation now, if you don't mind me asking? You can find some quality basses for 250 dollars.

yeah..about $250 but the thing is i live in europe so i think the prices are a bit higher?

Forgive my Fender bias, but I would say you can't go wrong with a Fender Jazz. They have pretty sweet ones that I would consider more than starter guitars for around $440, the Fender Standard Series. That's steep for a lot of beginners I guess, but my philosophy is that if the guitar doesn't sound all that great, you will not want to continue playing long enough to get really good. I think a lot of potential guitar players run into that.

It all comes down to personal preference in the long run. Do like others are saying and try them out. It's the only way to know for sure. My guess is that if you like Rush, you'll dig the Fender Jazz, but who knows?

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 15 2006, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jan 15 2006, 09:26 AM)
heh..ok! Here it goes/

That's the link I posted. laugh.gif

yeah you posted it while I was writing it!!! trink39.gif

Another vote for a Fender J. I prefer Jazz over Precision basses because of the two pickups, a little more variety of tone for the same price. I have a Mexican J that I paid $200 for used around 10 years ago. It is my main bass. I also have a Rickenbacker, but the Fender wins every time.

The Squires can be good but you will have to play a few. Other inexpensive Fenders are a bit more consistent.

I myself am not a big fan of the Squier basses. The standard Fenders in my opinion are a big step up. If you're looking for a good budget bass, I would reccomend the Ibanez GSR 190.

QUOTE (xanadu- @ Jan 16 2006, 05:33 PM)
..are the squier jazz series any good?

[btw thnx for all your help:)]

yes they're good bass's

but what kind of music do you want to play?

(anyway the fender fit for evrything)