The Movie Trivia Game!

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADMINISTRATIVE NOTICE:

A new rule has been added to the movie game rules and guidelines:

7. You have 24 hours (one day) to respond to guesses, or to post the next pic/quote/question if you are 'up', if you do not respond within 24 hours (one day) you will lose your turn.

Your compliance is appreciated. Thank you!

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Dec 22 2004, 01:22 PM)
So if nobody guesses I have to post another question?

Or a hint. Your choice.

Interesting.....

(at least to me... stuff I didn't know!)

Fitzgerald's double nomination also proved something far more telling. There was a great confusion, that exists to this day, over the proper definition of a 'supporting actor', versus a 'lead' actor. The Academy had no defined method of determining such, and it would probably be difficult to do so anyway.

Despite the vagueness of the issue, the Academy did jump into action to ensure that this kind of thing could never happen again. They dumped the problem on the studios, with a rule change that required them to take ownership of selecting which categories their actors would fit into.

This indirectly posed a new opportunity for studios when promoting their films, and only further highlighted the confusion over the difference between a 'supporting' role and a 'leading' role. Going forward, studios would promote their actors in categories where they felt they had the best shot. This is why Tatum O'Neal would win for Best Supporting Actress for Paper Moon, even though she appears in practically every scene. And it would be why Anthony Hopkins would win for Silence of the Lambs, when his character seemed like more of a supporting role.

Edited by afansince74

After Lord of the Rings wrapped filming, each actor was given a souvenir set prop to take home with them. Who was given "the one ring to rule them all" as a gift?

(Note: There were 2 prop rings used in shooting so there are 2 answers to this question)

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 29 2004, 12:48 PM)
Eloi and Morlocks

Gah! You beat me to it!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 29 2004, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 29 2004, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 29 2004, 12:48 PM)
Eloi and Morlocks

Gah! You beat me to it!

nasty.gif

DUDE! I just saw the new pic in your profile. You met the great and criminally underrated Brad Dourif?! That's too cool. May I beg you to relate the story? Feel free to start a thread about it.