LOOK! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!

Jack Aubrey

As a big fan of the first two films, I must say that I like what I'm seeing! 'Superman Returns'

I'm very hesitant still. They butchered the Superman and Batman names once before. Gladly they have made amends with Batman Begins, but Superman Returns seems like it's going in the same line as the first series. I'm not gonna be happy if they load this with tons of camp as they did previously. I take my comic heroes seriously and Supes is the BIG DADDY of them all. I'm just hoping they have seen the huge success of Smallville's take on the mythos and continue in that vein of seriousness and believability. Spacey had better pull Luthor off the way Lex is meant to be. As much as i love Hackman, his portrayal of Lex killed me. We'll see. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Most comic films have been very good recently, so with all that's at risk with this, i'm hopeful they have done a good job.

Look pretty good but I am with Necro on this I would hate to hear a line like

"look its Superman, He's Drunk!!!!"

No matter what it is going to be tough for this one to match up with Batman Begins. ( I did have a couple of issues with that one two mainly everone finds out who Batman is!!)

Lets hope they keeep Supes ID a secret on this one.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Nov 23 2005, 06:52 PM)
So is the movie just the original Superman story?

No. This movie takes place several years after the second movie. We're to forget the third and fourth. Which thankfully, I already have anyway. From what i gather, Superman has left earth for a period of years (i'm guessing romantic reasons) and is now returning to his adoptive homeworld. From the teaser. it's obvious they retell the origin, but i'm guessing that's from Superman's memories and not a starting point for the film. Not too many people that aren't familiar with the story. So from what i've read, he returns and has to cope with the fact that the earth has learned to exist without his help. Also that Lois has moved on in her life as she now has a child. Nothing i've read talks about the connection between Supes and Lex, but i'm betting it will be more like the comics of present day and the movies in that he doesn't have a past friendship with Lex. I highly doubt there will be any conncections to Smallville's current mythos of the Superman story. Smallville stands on its own. I'm definitely dying to see this, but i'm preparing myself for the worst. I don't think it will be as good as Batman Begins.