Ultimate Rock Bands Elimination: Round 14 (8/23/20)

_hi_water._

20 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• AC/DC
    • Beatles
    • Black Sabbath
    • Deep Purple
    • Genesis
    • Iron Maiden
    • Jethro Tull
    • Led Zeppelin
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • Metallica
    • Pink Floyd
    • Queen
    • Rolling Stones
    • Van Halen
    • Yes
  2. 2. Eliminate:

I wonder if I should make another elimination of this same thing but with different bands

there's quite some people who want bands like Judas Priest and Scorpions...

I like but don’t love Priest and the Scorps but I’d put both over nearly every band that’s already been eliminated. And I’d put them over some of the bands that still remain.

I’m not saying you should make another thread though.

Lets get this one finished first!

Who would be in it besides bands in these threads + Priest and Scorpions?

If we are talking about Priest and Scorps perhaps it could be an 'Ultimate Metal Band Poll'?? That would dump a bunch of this list. Now who else could we include?? ... Slayer, Megadeth, Savatage, Rammstein ??????

You like Savatage?! It's hard to find fans of them anymore. I turned Segue and Mick into fans on here. They wouldn't last long unless us four voted to immune them each time. I don't think Rammstein would fair too well since it's only the people in Europe who care about them.

I haven't listened to them for a while but back in the day I was a big fan of guitarist Criss Oliva before he was tragically taken from us - My favourite of their albums are Gutter Ballet and Hall Of The Mountain King. A very underrated band!

As for Rammstein ... not to everyone's taste but I like them a lot. They were due to play Belfast in June until Covid-19 had it's say ..... but concert rescheduled for June 2021 so we retained our tickets.

I wonder if I should make another elimination of this same thing but with different bands

I like but don’t love Priest and the Scorps but I’d put both over nearly every band that’s already been eliminated. And I’d put them over some of the bands that still remain.

I’m not saying you should make another thread though.

Lets get this one finished first!

Who would be in it besides bands in these threads + Priest and Scorpions?

If we are talking about Priest and Scorps perhaps it could be an 'Ultimate Metal Band Poll'?? That would dump a bunch of this list. Now who else could we include?? ... Slayer, Megadeth, Savatage, Rammstein ??????

You like Savatage?! It's hard to find fans of them anymore. I turned Segue and Mick into fans on here. They wouldn't last long unless us four voted to immune them each time. I don't think Rammstein would fair too well since it's only the people in Europe who care about them.

I don’t know about your Rammstein comment because I definitely remember some dudes back in high school and uni (in Florida) really being into them. I don’t remember any TRFer liking them though so yeah I doubt they’d last very long in a multiple band elimination round thread.

Problem most people have with Rammstein is that they sing in German. If you can get past that they are a very good (but a bit different) band.

I don't mean to criticize you, but The Who is a really shocking omission from your original poll, since they are one of the most revered classic rock bands and they're popular among Rush fans.

IMO they deserved to be in the poll much more than bands as Toto, Skid Row and Heart.

http://www.therushfo...1-closes-72820/

Right. Imho, The Who should be in the same conversation as Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and other such big guns.

Agreed. A legendary band who have influenced so many people. But, they are somewhat taken for granted.

When I first saw an Ultimate Rock Bands' Immune, and Eliminate list, I knew there weren't other bands, groups, artists, and musicians, who should've been on it like "the Who", "Judas Priest", "Scorpions", and "Kiss". As one thing the person, who has the username "Water", said, "He didn't know about the other certain ones, who would've been included". For, and to maybe, having enough, thinking of forty was sufficient, and convenient. This is off topic. Out of the more good, and great posts I've done on threads including bands, groups, artists, and musicians, and I'm not getting more likes, than what I am. There are some people, who came here recently like between two to four months, and they get even more of them, than I do, and I've been here for almost, and nearly two years. Edited by Derek19