Happy Birthday bean-tor

Crimsonmistymemory

:cheers: Happy, happy birthday, dear beanie !! :cheers: Best wishes- I hope today is wonderful for you and not TOOOO cold in Canada!

QECilkym.jpgDRpjvubm.jpglgniASPm.jpg

Adorable! Thank you so very much, blueschica! It has been quite cold here—apparently we dipped below -50C/-58F more than once in the past couple of weeks... :hail:

• Like 2

Happy Birthday!!

I wish I was 34 again. :|

Thank you, Lorraine! Hope all is well, and sorry if I missed any fanfare around your return! :)

Instead of wishing for younger days, I’ll make a point of bringing whatever I might miss back into my life :fistbump: I’ve always been one for gratefulness, but health has certainly influenced my concept of time lately! :yes:

• Like 1

Bean! Birthday! Brilliant! :ebert: :clap: :cosmo: :martini:

Birthday-and-liking-it.jpg

Hope you have a great day! :cheers:

(Whatcha readin' these days? Anything altogether swell?)

:smoke:

Magnificent! Thank you so much, vt! :cheers:

Lately, I’ve been working my way through Leonard Cohen’s last collection, The Flame. It has some glorious pieces...and it’s perfect for my current state because I can easily pause to contemplate whenever the room starts to spin :LOL: What’s been the most intriguing work that you’ve read recently?

Leonard Cohen -- nice! I haven't read him in years. I really liked his first novel ("The Favourite Game"?). "Beautiful Losers" was a lot, um, looser? :huh:

Sorry to hear that your current state is one of spinning. Maybe you should look into Sufism! :LOL: (Sufi joke!)

Although I don't think he was a sufi, I recently enjoyed a re-read of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. There's a lot of bleakness in there! I never realized the depth of it before!

Also picking through my old Rabelais, looking for the saucy stuff! (The Walls of Paris section, for example, with its refrain of "wipe it well") :o :LOL:

Spin on, my friend:

• Like 2

Bean! Birthday! Brilliant! :ebert: :clap: :cosmo: :martini:

Birthday-and-liking-it.jpg

Hope you have a great day! :cheers:

(Whatcha readin' these days? Anything altogether swell?)

:smoke:

Magnificent! Thank you so much, vt! :cheers:

Lately, I’ve been working my way through Leonard Cohen’s last collection, The Flame. It has some glorious pieces...and it’s perfect for my current state because I can easily pause to contemplate whenever the room starts to spin :LOL: What’s been the most intriguing work that you’ve read recently?

Leonard Cohen -- nice! I haven't read him in years. I really liked his first novel ("The Favourite Game"?). "Beautiful Losers" was a lot, um, looser? :huh:

Sorry to hear that your current state is one of spinning. Maybe you should look into Sufism! :LOL: (Sufi joke!)

Although I don't think he was a sufi, I recently enjoyed a re-read of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. There's a lot of bleakness in there! I never realized the depth of it before!

Also picking through my old Rabelais, looking for the saucy stuff! (The Walls of Paris section, for example, with its refrain of "wipe it well") :o :LOL:

Spin on, my friend:

Yes, “looser” is quite the apt description! :LOL: I ought to revisit that one someday. I still haven’t unpacked all of my books—there are so bloody many!

I have never read the Rubaiyat, but I’m adding it to my list! Depths of bleakness sound right up my alley :16ton:

As for “wip[ing] it well,” perhaps I dare not even comment! :angel:

Sufism is intriguing, indeed. Thanks also for the beautiful music! It had the cat spinning, too—which says a lot, as something must be truly special in order to pry her away from her beloved fireplace!

• Like 2