Geezer Butler, Steve Stevens new project Deadland Ritual

treeduck

Pat!!!! When the heck is this album coming out???????????

I don't know. Last I heard they were doing a short tour, this was summer 2019, and then working on the album later in the year. I've not heard anything about the band at all in 2020.

Right Pat. There is no new info on this band. I wonder if Covid delayed everything, but they should still be working on the record. Perhaps it will come out in 2021!!!

Covid has delayed a bunch of albums from getting released or finished. Angus said the new AC/DC was supposed to be out earlier this year but the virus pushed it back. Unfortunately the factories that make and ship albums got shutdown or slowed down by the pandemic.

That's true. I just ordered my Japanese Cd pressings. Also the limited Box set cd of this album. I thought this was just going to be another boring AC/DC album. I actually love "Shot In The Dark."

They pretty much always write the same song but at least it's a really good one.

I totally agree. Again you know how I feel about Brian Johnson. Great guy. I will give the band "Back In Black" of course but after that? Hit or miss.

I still can't believe Pat loves "Flick Of The Switch."

The new single is a good one.

I love Flick Of The Switch too. Just a good fun rocking album like everything else they have done. There is very little they've done with Brian that I couldn't see them doing with Bon. The band didn't change who they were at all after Brian joined.

Yeah it has some great songs, the production is bit rough and raw but that's ok.

I give in. I will listen tomorrow Pat.

"Exposed" is EPIC. You are right. Steve is fuckking shredding. I love him.

I saw Vince Neil open for Van Halen after he released that album. I haven't heard it probably since around that time but I remember liking it more than some Motley Crue albums.

To me it's easily better than any Motley Crue album.

PAT!

You are killing me in a great way.

So you would take "Exposed" over

"Too Fast For Love"

"Shout At The Devil"

I can't go there but hell yes....

"Exposed" is better after "Shout."

The guitars alone blow those albums away and the songs are better, more consistent overall. The production is more powerful and cleaner but still with tons of grit.

• Like 1

It’s good—I dig it but it kinda sounds like everything else. Could easily be a BCC song or a ton of other bands.

I don know what you mean. So many cookie cutter mock up grunge mid tempo boring rock.

I miss that high octane melodic metal.

That's why I will always love ACCEPT.

I wish Stevens could have lit a fire under Butler's arse.

I think Matt is a great drummer.

Remember, he was in The Cult too. Before GNR.

Well let's hope that the full album kicks ass.

Thank Goodness for ACCEPT!

MELODIC METAL IN JANUARY!!!!!!

Earl the SAINTS just clobbered Brady and Bucs 38-3! Brady threw 3 picks and lost by the biggest margin in his career. We've won both games against them now and Brady threw a total of 5 picks.

• Like 1

I don't know. Last I heard they were doing a short tour, this was summer 2019, and then working on the album later in the year. I've not heard anything about the band at all in 2020.

Right Pat. There is no new info on this band. I wonder if Covid delayed everything, but they should still be working on the record. Perhaps it will come out in 2021!!!

Covid has delayed a bunch of albums from getting released or finished. Angus said the new AC/DC was supposed to be out earlier this year but the virus pushed it back. Unfortunately the factories that make and ship albums got shutdown or slowed down by the pandemic.

That's true. I just ordered my Japanese Cd pressings. Also the limited Box set cd of this album. I thought this was just going to be another boring AC/DC album. I actually love "Shot In The Dark."

They pretty much always write the same song but at least it's a really good one.

I totally agree. Again you know how I feel about Brian Johnson. Great guy. I will give the band "Back In Black" of course but after that? Hit or miss.

I love Flick Of The Switch too. Just a good fun rocking album like everything else they have done. There is very little they've done with Brian that I couldn't see them doing with Bon. The band didn't change who they were at all after Brian joined.

Yeah it has some great songs, the production is bit rough and raw but that's ok.

I saw Vince Neil open for Van Halen after he released that album. I haven't heard it probably since around that time but I remember liking it more than some Motley Crue albums.

PAT!

"Too Fast For Love"

"Shout At The Devil"

The guitars alone blow those albums away and the songs are better, more consistent overall. The production is more powerful and cleaner but still with tons of grit.

Fuckk Pat. I can't argue that.

It's amazing that I am in a serious Steve Stevens Phase. He fuckking Rules Pat. I feel sorry for humans who just don't get it. But that's life!!

Very consistent!!!!!

• Like 1

It’s good—I dig it but it kinda sounds like everything else. Could easily be a BCC song or a ton of other bands.

I don know what you mean. So many cookie cutter mock up grunge mid tempo boring rock.

Earl the SAINTS just clobbered Brady and Bucs 38-3! Brady threw 3 picks and lost by the biggest margin in his career. We've won both games against them now and Brady threw a total of 5 picks.

Dang Pat! You know how to read my mind!!

I was just going to mention that game tonight!! I LOVE IT!! FUCKK TOM BRADY!!!!

I am soooooo happy!!! GO SAINTS!

FUCKK TOM BRADY AND THAT CURSE ANTONIO PUSSY BROWN! HE'S A FUCKKING JOKE!!!!!! FLUSH HIM DOWN THE TOILET!

• Like 1

PAT!

"Too Fast For Love"

"Shout At The Devil"

It's amazing that I am in a serious Steve Stevens Phase. He fuckking Rules Pat. I feel sorry for humans who just don't get it. But that's life!!

Very consistent!!!!!

Yeah poor Mick Mars is pretty good but he's blown away by Stevens in every department.

Hey and what do you think of the Too Fast For Love cover art? It's a total rip-off of the Stones Sticky Fingers album cover!

• Like 1

Dang Pat! You know how to read my mind!!

I was just going to mention that game tonight!! I LOVE IT!! FUCKK TOM BRADY!!!!

I am soooooo happy!!! GO SAINTS!

FUCKK TOM BRADY AND THAT CURSE ANTONIO PUSSY BROWN! HE'S A FUCKKING JOKE!!!!!! FLUSH HIM DOWN THE TOILET!

Brees is now 5-2 against Brady and has blown him out twice with the Saints (one in 2009) and once with the Chargers in 2005, which was his 5th worst loss.

PAT!

"Too Fast For Love"

"Shout At The Devil"

Very consistent!!!!!

Yeah poor Mick Mars is pretty good but he's blown away by Stevens in every department.

Hey and what do you think of the Too Fast For Love cover art? It's a total rip-off of the Stones Sticky Fingers album cover!

It's funny Pat, I was never a big Mick Mars fan. He seemed old and the weakest link.

But then I realized how incredible he is as a guitarist. Very blues. Very slide. Great riffs.

The old man in the band.

It was all meant to be Pat.

I respect Mick. I though he was going to pass away ten years ago.

He's amazing.

Steve Stevens blow Mick away.

I personally think that Steve Stevens is the most underrated guitar player on the Earth.

Did I ever tell you I went down to Monterey CA to see Zoe when she was in college?

I got a room on Cannery Row.

Had a ticket to see Billy Idol and Steve Steven acoustic in downtown Monterey at some small theater.

It was intimate and incredible.

After the show Pat, and you know me,

I hung out back by the tour bus.

I didn't get to meet Billy and Steve but they ran onto their bus with pizzas in a box.

They ran right by me.

I hung out by their bus for an hour hoping they would come out and sign, but I could hear them in the back of the bus partying and eating pizza.

I walked back to me room.

Pat, I bought a rare Steve Steven red sparkle Knaggs guitar. It has the "laser gun" etched on the pick ups.

It's beautiful.

Pat!! "Fierce Heart" is playing on my stereo right now! THANK YOU!! ROD TOO!

THIS ALBUM RULES!!!

• Like 1

PAT!

"Too Fast For Love"

"Shout At The Devil"

Very consistent!!!!!

It's funny Pat, I was never a big Mick Mars fan. He seemed old and the weakest link.

But then I realized how incredible he is as a guitarist. Very blues. Very slide. Great riffs.

The old man in the band.

It was all meant to be Pat.

I respect Mick. I though he was going to pass away ten years ago.

He's amazing.

Steve Stevens blow Mick away.

I personally think that Steve Stevens is the most underrated guitar player on the Earth.

Did I ever tell you I went down to Monterey CA to see Zoe when she was in college?

I got a room on Cannery Row.

Had a ticket to see Billy Idol and Steve Steven acoustic in downtown Monterey at some small theater.

It was intimate and incredible.

After the show Pat, and you know me,

I hung out back by the tour bus.

I didn't get to meet Billy and Steve but they ran onto their bus with pizzas in a box.

They ran right by me.

I hung out by their bus for an hour hoping they would come out and sign, but I could hear them in the back of the bus partying and eating pizza.

I walked back to me room.

Pat, I bought a rare Steve Steven red sparkle Knaggs guitar. It has the "laser gun" etched on the pick ups.

It's beautiful.

Pat!! "Fierce Heart" is playing on my stereo right now! THANK YOU!! ROD TOO!

THIS ALBUM RULES!!!

Earl you've probably got more guitars than Guitar Canter! How many do you own now? Probably the most guitars ever owned by a drummer?

Did you manage to get a copy of Fierce Heart??

Yeah Steve Stevens is a beast! His Atomic Playboys album is great too, with the lead singer from WARRIOR, do you remember them?

Earl did you ever like the band Q5 featuring Floyd Rose on lead guitar? That's THE Floyd Rose, the guy who invented the whammy bar kit!

Don't forget that point about Too Fast For Love and Sticky Fingers!

An interesting project. I look forward to hearing the album whenever it is ready.

I actually hope the singer drops out and they get someone else, but hey that's just me nitpicking.

I hadn't heard of him before tbh. He's nothing special.

An interesting project. I look forward to hearing the album whenever it is ready.

I actually hope the singer drops out and they get someone else, but hey that's just me nitpicking.

Yeah, and when you have a legend like Geezer Butler teaming up with a top echelon guitar virtuoso like Steve Stevens it deserves a legendary vocalist or at least someone outstandingly good. If you're going to go the Super Group route you may as well go all-in.

• Like 1

Yeah, and when you have a legend like Geezer Butler teaming up with a top echelon guitar virtuoso like Steve Stevens it deserves a legendary vocalist or at least someone outstandingly good. If you're going to go the Super Group route you may as well go all-in.

Agreed.... not so sure who would fit the bill though.
  • Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

Glenn Hughes would work.

Yeah but he's now committed to the Dead Daisies. I had thought of Jeff Scott Soto but he has the Sons Of Apollo.
  • Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

Yeah but he's now committed to the Dead Daisies. I had thought of Jeff Scott Soto but he has the Sons Of Apollo.

Yeah but Glenn has got a way of juggling projects like these. And Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo are both in Revolution Saints, so while they do the next RS album Glenn can kick as with Geezer and Steve Stevens!

• Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

Yeah but Glenn has got a way of juggling projects like these. And Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo are both in Revolution Saints, so while they do the next RS album Glenn can kick as with Geezer and Steve Stevens!

sounds like a plan lol!
  • Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

Or they could get Dave Lee Roth in. Or Russell Allen (since Symphony X make about one album every 6 years and Russell is always juggling projects as well).

• Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

Or they could get Dave Lee Roth in. Or Russell Allen (since Symphony X make about one album every 6 years and Russell is always juggling projects as well).

Funny, I had thought about Russell Allen.

I've just read that Transatlantic are releasing a new album in February, so if these guys can juggle bands, it would be a doddle for Hughes or Allen!

Portnoy & Morse are master band-jugglers!!

• Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

I've just read that Transatlantic are releasing a new album in February, so if these guys can juggle bands, it would be a doddle for Hughes or Allen!

I saw that yeah and that's what I mean, Hughes or Allen could handle it no problem and be light years better than that guy.

How does the new Fates Warning album compare to the last couple of their albums? AND the two Arch/Matheos albums??

• Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

I saw that yeah and that's what I mean, Hughes or Allen could handle it no problem and be light years better than that guy.

How does the new Fates Warning album compare to the last couple of their albums? AND the two Arch/Matheos albums??

I need a few more listens to do it justice. I thought 'Theories of Flight' was a cracking album and is a hard act to follow.

Strangely I have never listened to the Arch/Matheos albums .... i must get round to it.

• Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

I need a few more listens to do it justice. I thought 'Theories of Flight' was a cracking album and is a hard act to follow.

Strangely I have never listened to the Arch/Matheos albums .... i must get round to it.

They're good, I think they're better than the Fates Warning ones to be honest.

• Like 1

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

I like the ALLEN LANDE records!!

• Like 2

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

Is Allen in your top 10 vocalists Earl? He can outsing most of the best out there!

• Like 2

Glenn Hughes would work.

sounds like a plan lol!

Is Allen in your top 10 vocalists Earl? He can outsing most of the best out there!

Haha! No buddy!

• Like 1