Smallville

Riv

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so Lois got bit by the reporter bug last night as she jumped on the bandwagon to uncover Lex's dark secrets. Still think that Chloe is the person close to Clark that will die. It will make Clark closer to Lois. I thought the show last night was superb. I kinda wish they kept Brainiac as a "good guy". I was a bit dissapointed in that. Marster's has been known to play bad to good characters before, so maybe he'll be back. I think this show just keeps getting better and better. If the movie they sneak peaked comes even close, it will be a huge success.

Smallville is like the one show that I've always wanted to watch, but never have. It's gotta be great, I just have no idea when it's on and sitting in front of the tv is not all that easy. One of these days, I'm gonna get caught up on this show.

RIV!!!!!!! Not to derail this thread, but you got Entrourage??? Finally, my raving has impacted someone. laugh.gif

Have you wathced it? What do you think? I'm desperate for Entourage chums.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 18 2005, 09:22 PM)
Entourage Rocks, but I don't have HBO right now. I love the agent. He's a great actor.

I'm an Entrourage FREAK!!! I've watched every episode multiple times. laugh.gif

The agent is Jeremy Piven. He's the greatest.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 18 2005, 08:20 AM)
Okay, so Lois got bit by the reporter bug last night as she jumped on the bandwagon to uncover Lex's dark secrets. Still think that Chloe is the person close to Clark that will die. It will make Clark closer to Lois. I thought the show last night was superb. I kinda wish they kept Brainiac as a "good guy". I was a bit dissapointed in that. Marster's has been known to play bad to good characters before, so maybe he'll be back. I think this show just keeps getting better and better. If the movie they sneak peaked comes even close, it will be a huge success.

Oh that makes sense. That would bring Clark closer to Lois if Cloe dies.

I just hope that movie isn't going to be the end of this series. Made me think, how can they do a movie at this point. Wouldn't it give away some of what they are doing in the series?

Nah. The movie takes place several years after the second Christopher Reeve movie. We're supposed to suspend belief on why no one's really aged I guess. LOL. But as far as the movie and Smallville, they are two entirely different mythos. Smallville is a combination of every age of comics AND a new spin entirely. That's why I love it. It definitely pays its respects to the legacy of Superman, but it has it's entirely OWN feel and direction. You never know which way it's going to go. I was floored in the beginning that Lois was introduced to Clark during high school, but now I kinda like it. In his younger days it was Lana. During college it was Lori Lemaris, a mermaid, and as an adult LOIS. I don't think anything you see in the movie has any bearing on the show. Someday i'm sure there will be a Smallville MOVIE where he finally becomes SUPERMAN. That will be awesome.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 20 2005, 03:44 PM)
Nah. The movie takes place several years after the second Christopher Reeve movie. We're supposed to suspend belief on why no one's really aged I guess. LOL. But as far as the movie and Smallville, they are two entirely different mythos. Smallville is a combination of every age of comics AND a new spin entirely. That's why I love it. It definitely pays its respects to the legacy of Superman, but it has it's entirely OWN feel and direction. You never know which way it's going to go. I was floored in the beginning that Lois was introduced to Clark during high school, but now I kinda like it. In his younger days it was Lana. During college it was Lori Lemaris, a mermaid, and as an adult LOIS. I don't think anything you see in the movie has any bearing on the show. Someday i'm sure there will be a Smallville MOVIE where he finally becomes SUPERMAN. That will be awesome.

I don't even remember the Superman movies laugh.gif

I would like to see Tom W in a pair of tights ohmy.gif tongue.gif

Hey what did everyone think of Lexmas last night?

I thought it was cool to see Lex finally make the choice we always knew he would.

The drunk Santa was a nice touch.

I think by now we all know Chloe is going to die this season so it was nice to see a what if like this.

I am getting the feeling Lex is going to have something to do with her Death and that will be the final straw between him and Clark.

QUOTE (Batman @ Dec 9 2005, 07:31 AM)

I thought it was cool to see Lex finally make the choice we always knew he would.
I think by now we all know Chloe is going to die this season so it was nice to see a what if like this.
I am getting the feeling Lex is going to have something to do with her Death and that will be the final straw between him and Clark.

Wouldn't it be nice if Lex was a good guy

Either Cloe or Lana dying is going to break Clark and Lex

I missed last week and it didn't tape. Anything happen?

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Dec 18 2005, 03:19 PM)

No, it was a two hour compilation of last season's finale and the opening episode of this season. The scenes for this week though look very cool. It looks like Lana goes off the deep end and shaves her head and gives herself to Lex. Now, i'm not sure if everything they showed is for just this week's episode or for the remainder of the season, but it looks like it's going to really get good. Don't miss it. no.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 20 2005, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (freewill71 @ Dec 18 2005, 03:19 PM)

No, it was a two hour compilation of last season's finale and the opening episode of this season. The scenes for this week though look very cool. It looks like Lana goes off the deep end and shaves her head and gives herself to Lex. Now, i'm not sure if everything they showed is for just this week's episode or for the remainder of the season, but it looks like it's going to really get good. Don't miss it. no.gif

Thanks for letting me know about last week. smile.gif

Not going to miss it tonight no.gif

I think the networks feel why bother showing a new episode that so many people may miss with the holiday season and all. I'm glad it's been repeats right now for that same reason. I don't know for sure when Smallville is expected to air new episodes again. Hopefully this week. yes.gif

I JUST caught up to you guys! Bought all 4 seasons on DVD and wathed them, and a guy I live with "acquired" what's happened so for in 5. I gotta tell you, Clark maqkes me mad sometimes. Listen, bitch! You knew you had to get those goddamn stones! Why are you waiting till the last minute? And when you tell daddy dearest you give him your word you'll be there, how about f***ing doing it? Lana ain't that hot, there's better put-out in Superman's destiny. And Daddy Kent? What a lame-ass. Go bake me some muffins, bitch!

rofl3.gif

this is from the WB Site about this weeks show

Fanatic

Thursday, Jan 12 8/7c

Jonathan (John Schneider) receives threats on his life from a mysterious source who urges him to drop out of the senate race. Later, Clark (Tom Welling) finds his dad bloody and beaten and becomes determined to find his attacker. He later discovers that a group of Lex's followers are determined to do anything to see that Lex wins the election. Lois' (Erica Durance) life is threatened when she's captured and asked to assassinate Jonathan during his speech. Lionel (John Glover) offers to give Martha (Annette O'Toole) money to help Jonathan's campaign. Lana (Kristin Kreuk) is convinced that the answers she is looking for lie in researching the first meteor shower.

WB Smallville

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 8 2006, 10:19 AM)
this is from the WB Site about this weeks show
Fanatic
Thursday, Jan 12 8/7c

Jonathan (John Schneider) receives threats on his life from a mysterious source who urges him to drop out of the senate race. Later, Clark (Tom Welling) finds his dad bloody and beaten and becomes determined to find his attacker. He later discovers that a group of Lex's followers are determined to do anything to see that Lex wins the election. Lois' (Erica Durance) life is threatened when she's captured and asked to assassinate Jonathan during his speech. Lionel (John Glover) offers to give Martha (Annette O'Toole) money to help Jonathan's campaign. Lana (Kristin Kreuk) is convinced that the answers she is looking for lie in researching the first meteor shower.

WB Smallville

Thanks Batman smile.gif

I would just hate to see John Schneider leave he show. sad.gif

Guess we will find out Thurday.

In silver age continuity, Clark's parents die and he goes off to Metropolis. In modern continuity no one dies and he goes off to Metropolis. I have to go with Chloe as she's not a part of Superman mythos in any continuity. It's like she was made to die, y'know? Though they have been mixing all forms of Superman mythos from the movies to the comic to even references from the previous television versions, so who knows what they'll do. Lana has not been really that important in the life of Clark after he leaves Smallville. She's a recurring character and had one of the best storylines ever when her son was kidnapped and killed and Clark was off enjoying life in Paris with Lois. Awesome story. But back to the show. I love the fact that i can never totally predict which direction they'll go in. I was thinking that it will be LEX that dies. Yes they have been strained, but not actual enemies yet, so he is still someone Clark cares for, right? And though he may die by the end of this season... it would set up his "return from the dead" and his total turn to the ways of pure evil. They have said that this season would explain how friends become mortal enemies. Golden and Silver age had Lex blaming superboy for his baldness. Maybe this will be a modern twist on that? Lex will blame Clark for his death. He's been dead in the comics before. I'm beginning to think it will be Lex. The scene where Clark is at a grave site as the coffin is lowered doesn't show him in hysterics, so i think that rules out anyone he fully loves like parents, girlfriend or chloe. Think about it.

QUOTE (Chilena @ Jan 9 2006, 01:42 PM)
Hey Necromancer---wouldn't it be cool to see a young Wonder Woman on Smallville?? wink.gif

ohmy.gif

Have you seen my sig? Two Wonder Woman pics. What do you think my answer juuust might be? laugh.gif

Yep.. that would be awesome. I just don't see how they could do it with Diana coming to Smallville as her story line doesn't have her coming to the world of MAN until she wins the contest as a young adult woman. I'm sure they could get around that though. Maybe Clark could wind up on Themesciria instead. THAT would be cool. An entire ISLAND of gorgeous WONDER WOMEN.

cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif