Styx - The Mission

Justus_2112

After not hearing this album in a few months, I gave this a listen.

Beautiful sounding, 5.1 surround sound on a blu-ray.

It might just be my favourite Styx album.

I love it. But I love so many others too. PO8 in particular. hard to choose!

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I have one ticket for sale, Mission album in its entirety at Westbury, LI in NY on Nov. 7th. $230, it's a vip Grand Illusion package ticket, comes with swag. I got a better seat.

Section F, row G, seat 14. Aisle seat.

After not hearing this album in a few months, I gave this a listen.

Beautiful sounding, 5.1 surround sound on a blu-ray.

It might just be my favourite Styx album.

I love it. But I love so many others too. PO8 in particular. hard to choose!

Yeah, "The Grand Illusion" & "Pieces of Eight" are definitely amazing records with a boat load of sentimental value.

I'm just thinking "The Mission" is just a tad better overall musically.

If you don't like this album it's quite possibly because you like DeYoung and not Tommy Shaw as a writer and singer. Shaw wrote pretty much the whole thing and sings most of it as well. Myself, I prefer Tommy because he's a guitar player so rocks harder. To me this album is one of the best new releases by a classic rock band since Clockwork Angels.

Saw these guys for only the 2nd time last summer, the first being the Grand Illusion tour waaaaay the hell back in '77. Shaw and JY still have excellent pipes. McGowan is a bit over the top for my taste but still better than DeYoung's dominance of the band. My only complaint was the setlist.......they opened with the opening of The Mission as the OP talked about which was great and did a couple others from the album as well. However, the did fukking Mr. Roboto. :-( I've hated that song since the first time I heard it and I hate to this day. If they'd replaced it with Suite: Madam Blue and added Crystal Ball I'd have been 100% satisfied instead of 90%. I know they do Roboto cuz it was a "hit" but FFS it's such crap.

Edited by driventotheedge