"801 LIVE:" Manzanera, Eno, And Simon Phillips! Only 19 Years Young! 1976

RUSHHEAD666

I found a 1999 UK cd remaster today! 12 tracks! I have the cool 2 cd box set too. This has always been a great live album. The 19 year young stud Simon Phillips seals the deal for me. Amazing drumming!! He rules!!

Almost like a Roxy Music side band project. Phil and Brian were excellent in Roxy Music with Bryan Ferry. Eddie Jobson was also in Roxy Music.

Also Simon Phillips plays percussion on the Roxy Music album entitled "Flesh And Blood."

• Like 2

801 was a very cool project

Good call Earl !!!

Thanks Lucas!! LOL! Your exclamation points look like you are calling me Earl III.

I love it! Because I am!

My dad is Junior and since I am Earl The Girl Maker, I have a pug named Earl IV! He's 8! He's just like me! "SINGLE FOR LIFE HALF WAY TO DEATH!" LOL!

• Like 1

Earl, I had no idea Simon Phillips was this young ... He was 19 on this 801 album ?!?!? geeesh ...

So he was 20 on Sin After Sin, and 23 on Schenker's debut ?? .. Michael Schenker was only 25 and he was already a legend -- but Simon was younger than him on that album ?!?!

• Like 1

Earl, I had no idea Simon Phillips was this young ... He was 19 on this 801 album ?!?!? geeesh ...

So he was 20 on Sin After Sin, and 23 on Schenker's debut ?? .. Michael Schenker was only 25 and he was already a legend -- but Simon was younger than him on that album ?!?!

Yes Lucas!!! Absolutely!! INCREDIBLE!!!!

When I met Simon at Yoshi's he signed "Sin After Sin," "All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes" and "White City!"

THE MAN!

Michael and Simon! Young adults kicking METAL ASS! I'm PUMPED!

They also had a studio album, and I think some of them were on Manzanera's Diamond Head album???

Love that they did "Sombre Reptiles" and "Tomorrow Never Knows"!

Here are some rehearsals, if you're interested:

19 years old! jezus!