10 Actors Who May Be the Next James Bond

JohnnyBlaze

The Next 007?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make the best James Bond actor?

• Tom Hardy
    • Tom Hiddleston
    • Damien Lewis
    • Idris Elba
    • Hugh Jackman
    • Henry Cavill
    • Michael Fassbender
    • Ryan Gosling
    • James Norton
    • Aidan Turner
    • (Other)
  2. 2. And what of Daniel Craig?

• I'd rather have him return than break in any of those 10 listed or someone else.
    • I wouldn't mind a different Bond actor. No hard feelings Craig.
    • Get rid of him!
    • I don't care either way.

Fassbender & Aidan Turner are Irish (Jackman is Australian and too old & Gosling Canadian (!!!)). A Scottish Bond is great, an English Bond is perfect, but I would really dislike any other accent on a James Bond actor. My vote is for Henry Cavill. Maybe we can get him away from the Superman role this way and kill two birds with one stone.

Fassbender could've been Mongolian for all I care. I still prefer him over everyone on that list.

And I don't care if Gosling was delivered in Big Ben. I'd still hate him as Bond. He's a wuss and isn't too memorable an actor.

Cavill almost DID become Bond but lost out in the last second to Craig. I wouldn't mind him as Bond but yeah he's too busy with the cape.

Fassbender & Aidan Turner are Irish (Jackman is Australian and too old & Gosling Canadian (!!!)). A Scottish Bond is great, an English Bond is perfect, but I would really dislike any other accent on a James Bond actor. My vote is for Henry Cavill. Maybe we can get him away from the Superman role this way and kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks. I wasn't sure what nationality fassbender was other than German.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ervLrAvx44E/WQfjYDebL3I/AAAAAAAADbI/mG-FxOzNrRQyBe9bYpWQ8ofNQwh4kz-jACLcB/s1600/Hulk%2BArtists.png

Which do you like best? Sal Buscema and John Byrne all the way for me!

I would say Sal Buscema, Herbe Trimpe, Dick Ayers and Ed Hannigan is good too. John Romita Sr. did some cool HULK covers as well. Who is PM that's pretty good work too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ervLrAvx44E/WQfjYDebL3I/AAAAAAAADbI/mG-FxOzNrRQyBe9bYpWQ8ofNQwh4kz-jACLcB/s1600/Hulk%2BArtists.png

I would say Sal Buscema, Herbe Trimpe, Dick Ayers and Ed Hannigan is good too. John Romita Sr. did some cool HULK covers as well. Who is PM that's pretty good work too.

Name's escaping me at the moment. But it IS within that classic period in the 70s so we've seen the work many times before. In fact, I'm sure I've seen that exact comic from where that drawing comes from

• Like 1

No Benedict Cumberbatch? Tom Hiddleston? No. Jude Law? :P

Hiddleston's on the list...which isn't my creation.

I never would've thought of Cumberbatch or Law.

I don't mind any of those guys really but none of them are tough enough...is that lack of toughness what you were implying? :unsure:

No. I was saying no to Tom Hiddleston. He's too much of a lightweight. The other two were suggested in jest.

Hiddleston could single handedly kill the Bond franchise. He's such a wimp the PC brigade would think they'd finally got their gay Bond!

I almost said the gay thing but refrained. I agree with you.

No Benedict Cumberbatch? Tom Hiddleston? No. Jude Law? :P

Hiddleston's on the list...which isn't my creation.

I never would've thought of Cumberbatch or Law.

I don't mind any of those guys really but none of them are tough enough...is that lack of toughness what you were implying? :unsure:

No. I was saying no to Tom Hiddleston. He's too much of a lightweight. The other two were suggested in jest.

Hiddleston could single handedly kill the Bond franchise. He's such a wimp the PC brigade would think they'd finally got their gay Bond!

I almost said the gay thing but refrained. I agree with you.

Yeah the only reason he works as Loki in the Thor and Avengers flicks is because he's supposed to be very obviously physically weaker than Thor, and more of a sneaky bastard rather than a brute force merchant.

• Like 2

Thanks. I wasn't sure what nationality fassbender was other than German.

"When Fassbender was two years old, his parents moved to the Irish town of Killarney, County Kerry, where they ran the West End House, a restaurant where his father worked as a chef."

I moved to Canada when I was 3 and English is my native language (despite being the second one I learned) not Portuguese.

All men? Sexist.

I saw an article (after I saw this one and posted this thread) which suggested Gillian Anderson as a possible JANE Bond. Even if audiences can somehow accept a female Bond, there's still the age factor as she'll be 49 this year. AND there's the hang up that she's not English.

All men? Sexist.

I saw an article (after I saw this one and posted this thread) which suggested Gillian Anderson as a possible JANE Bond. Even if audiences can somehow accept a female Bond, there's still the age factor as she'll be 49 this year. AND there's the hang up that she's not English.

So would a female Bond go around getting banged by a bunch of dudes while she's saving the world??

All men? Sexist.

So would a female Bond go around getting banged by a bunch of dudes while she's saving the world??

Depends on your agenda.

Script written by a dude would be considered sexist. Written by a woman, it'd be considered empowering.

:LOL:

• Like 1

All men? Sexist.

Depends on your agenda.

Script written by a dude would be considered sexist. Written by a woman, it'd be considered empowering.

:LOL:

Aye!

Name's escaping me at the moment. But it IS within that classic period in the 70s so we've seen the work many times before. In fact, I'm sure I've seen that exact comic from where that drawing comes from

Pablo Marcos, I believe
  • Like 2

All men? Sexist.

She may have been born in America, but she grew up in London and still often lives there...and it shows in her accent. I watched her in Dickens's Bleak House, and her accent was flawless. Then I watched the bonus interviews, and I was stunned ...she was still speaking with an English accent! It messed with my head :wacko:

I think she just switches her accent depending on what country she's in. Every time I see her interviewed in England, she speaks with an English accent.

• Like 2

All men? Sexist.

I think she just switches her accent depending on what country she's in. Every time I see her interviewed in England, she speaks with an English accent.

This is one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Accent or no accent, she's 49 which is not a great age for this role IMO. I thing a Jane bond is a decent idea though. Why not?

• Like 3

Pablo Marcos, I believe

:hail:

Good call. Wouldn't have gotten that. :no:

• Like 2

All men? Sexist.

This is one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Accent or no accent, she's 49 which is not a great age for this role IMO. I thing a Jane bond is a decent idea though. Why not?

The accent switching isn't as uncommon as you might think when it comes to expats living abroad for extended periods of time. I notice my brothers' accents more now than ever. Yet they've likely had the same accent (having lived in Florida since '74). And they say my English is a bit "different" now too. I'd say so. It's not an intentional/a conscious thing in my particular case.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

All men? Sexist.

The accent switching isn't as uncommon as you might think when it comes to expats living abroad for extended periods of time. I notice my brothers' accents more now than ever. Yet they've likely had the same accent (having lived in Florida since '74). And they say my English is a bit "different" now too. I'd say so. It's not intentional/conscious thing in my particular case.

John Barrowman is another example. He spent so much time in America, and uses an American accent for acting and interviews...only switching to his native Scottish accent when with his family

and if you're interested, here's Gillian Anderson on Parkinson:

• Like 1

Pablo Marcos, I believe

Another couple of guys who did HULK covers are Dave Cockrum and Ernie Chan.

Pablo Marcos, I believe

Ah, Ernie Chan was the Filipino dude who did the inks for Sal Buscema's great Hulk run. They were great together. Probably my favorite Hulk combo. Didn't know he did any of the covers, or never thought about it anyway.

I don't remember any Cockrum Hulk stuff. Always thought of him as the "New X-Men" artist when Phoenix was born. I never really liked his art except for JUST the covers or some dynamic splash page.

Where are we?

Oh yeah, BOND! :LOL:

Pablo Marcos, I believe

Ah, Ernie Chan was the Filipino dude who did the inks for Sal Buscema's great Hulk run. They were great together. Probably my favorite Hulk combo. Didn't know he did any of the covers, or never thought about it anyway.

I don't remember any Cockrum Hulk stuff. Always thought of him as the "New X-Men" artist when Phoenix was born. I never really liked his art except for JUST the covers or some dynamic splash page.

Where are we?

Oh yeah, BOND! :LOL:

There's some info about those guys here:

http://www.simonwill...dible-hulk.html

Looking through that Ernie Chan might be the absolute ultimate HULK artist.

Edited by treeduck

All men? Sexist.

The accent switching isn't as uncommon as you might think when it comes to expats living abroad for extended periods of time. I notice my brothers' accents more now than ever. Yet they've likely had the same accent (having lived in Florida since '74). And they say my English is a bit "different" now too. I'd say so. It's not intentional/conscious thing in my particular case.

John Barrowman is another example. He spent so much time in America, and uses an American accent for acting and interviews...only switching to his native Scottish accent when with his family

and if you're interested, here's Gillian Anderson on Parkinson:

My wife is not originally from here and while she might switch languages I never hear her accent change. This is fascinating.