Concert hall...

greyfriar

The Birch Hill Night Club /now The Starland Ballroom, Slayerville NJ.

What a sh1thole and fire trap. I saw Clutch there twice but the place is a deathtrap and would NEVER go back.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/birchhill_2_zpscoftfwfs.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/636135875948952462-ClubsBirchHill_zpssiqae8ey.jpg

The Birch Hill ... ugghhh

The first time I was ever there was the UFO reunion in 1995 ... I had no idea that the concert area was adjacent to the dance club area - and that it was all part of a recreational community with some depressing old swimming pool and playground ..

I haven't been there since it has changed to The Starland Ballroom

Birch Hill: I remember they had the bouncers with headsets standing on raised platforms in the crowd. As soon as someone misbehaved, they'd jumped into the crowd to address the issue.

I haven't been to the Starland Ballroom. I'm too old to deal with the nonsense the comes with a large crowd in a small space.

The Guess Who recorded their great live album at this venue, I still listen to that a lot.
  • Like 1

In Seattle. Have seen a lot of shows here. My buddy was front row balcony for Rush in '76 at this venue. I still hate him for it. :-)

http://maxazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/bonamassa02.jpg

2474f7c898b4510d2b6157f216eddfbb.jpg

Fabulous acoustics, beautiful place. Seats about 3500. Second pic is from the balcony. I had front row balcony for The Kinks in the mid-80s.

I had the shot below ready for pasting, but had to check first, figuring you might post some, too. A beautiful venue with great sound I saw DEVO here in the early 80's, and Mark Mothersbaugh descended from the ceiling on a rope over the audience.

http://d2npu017ljjude.cloudfront.net/images/custom/945-1.jpg

In Seattle. Have seen a lot of shows here. My buddy was front row balcony for Rush in '76 at this venue. I still hate him for it. :-)

http://maxazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/bonamassa02.jpg

2474f7c898b4510d2b6157f216eddfbb.jpg

Fabulous acoustics, beautiful place. Seats about 3500. Second pic is from the balcony. I had front row balcony for The Kinks in the mid-80s.

I had the shot below ready for pasting, but had to check first, figuring you might post some, too. A beautiful venue with great sound I saw DEVO here in the early 80's, and Mark Mothersbaugh descended from the ceiling on a rope over the audience.

http://d2npu017ljjude.cloudfront.net/images/custom/945-1.jpg

The Guess Who recorded Live at the Paramount at this venue, I still listen to that a lot.
  • Like 3

"Balver Höhle"!!! Spectacular scenery!!! Sadly I didn't have the chance yet to attend the "German Kultrock Festival ". It is held once a year in the Balve cave, which is located in the German Sauerland region. Mostly five to six bands play on three different stages ( ;)). I've heard fantastic things about the acoustics in the different chambers of the cave. What a freaky, fukkin' good idea for a festival location.

Ccc0m9c.jpg

mj6rLZb.jpg

9Wwivqz.jpg

• Like 2

"Balver Höhle"!!! Spectacular scenery!!! Sadly I didn't have the chance yet to attend the "German Kultrock Festival ". It is held once a year in the Balve cave, which is located in the German Sauerland region. Mostly five to six bands play on three different stages ( ;)). I've heard fantastic things about the acoustics in the different chambers of the cave. What a freaky, fukkin' good idea for a festival location.

Ccc0m9c.jpg

mj6rLZb.jpg

9Wwivqz.jpg

Straight outta Hell(e)!!!!

:fury:

ETA: My sister just finished moving to Münster, not too far from there.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Ccc0m9c.jpg

mj6rLZb.jpg

9Wwivqz.jpg

Cool. :haz:

Any plans to visit her in the near future?

• Like 1

Ccc0m9c.jpg

mj6rLZb.jpg

9Wwivqz.jpg

Maybe next year. I'll let you know when we do!
  • Like 1

Ccc0m9c.jpg

mj6rLZb.jpg

9Wwivqz.jpg

Maybe next year. I'll let you know when we do!

Yep, don't forget to do so. Would be fantatstic if you would find the time to stop by.