Detroit LIONS - THE OFFICIAL thread for the 2015-16 season. Cyclonus X-1 is dying for a Lombardi Trophy to fall into his hands, where's Barry Sanders?

treeduck

The Lions cut Reggie Bush today.

My initial reaction is that I don't like the move. It won't save them much money against the cap this year, and it creates a new need for a fast running back. Theo Riddick can catch passes, but he isn't fast like Bush is. And I think Bush still has some gas left in the tank.

But we'll see what Mayhew does from here.

They couldn't pay a DT $27 million on a 1 year deal.

They could pay me! :D

In trout!

We could party with the queen!! :7up: :P

She's no party girl!

She would be when I am finished with her! :whipgirl: :LOL:

:o

:scared:

:ph34r:

:outtahere:

• Like 2

They couldn't pay a DT $27 million on a 1 year deal.

They could pay me! :D

In trout!

We could party with the queen!! :7up: :P

She's no party girl!

She would be when I am finished with her! :whipgirl: :LOL:

:o

:scared:

:ph34r:

:outtahere:

Hello Amy! :hi:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/286/4/a/smiley_banana_moonwalk_by_xmlpfimloverx-d6qb3oi.gifhttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/286/4/a/smiley_banana_moonwalk_by_xmlpfimloverx-d6qb3oi.gifhttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/286/4/a/smiley_banana_moonwalk_by_xmlpfimloverx-d6qb3oi.gifhttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/286/4/a/smiley_banana_moonwalk_by_xmlpfimloverx-d6qb3oi.gif

• Like 2

Report: Giants considering a run at Ndamukong Suh

Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2015, 3:48 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjhytu3ndziyzbknjk1yjkyotkxmze4zjdlntgymdc0-e1418326001820.jpeg?w=228

When defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said in December that his agent will choose his next team, I assumed Suh meant his football agent, Jimmy Sexton. If that’s the case, Sexton likely will select on Suh’s behalf the offer that entails the most money, since the football agent gets paid based on how much money a football player makes playing football.

But what if the agent to whom Suh was referring isn’t his football agent but Suh’s marketing agent, Jay Z? In that case, the marketing agent would be less concerned about football-related revenue and more concerned about off-field earning opportunities, since the marketing agent gets paid based on how much money the player makes away from playing football.

If it’s the latter, a large market like Jay Z’s hometown of New York makes a lot of sense. Coincidentally (or not), Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that the Giants are considering making a run at Suh.

It would make a ton of sense from a football standpoint, since the Giants won their two championships since 2007 based on the strength of the pass rush — with an emphasis (especially against the Patriots) on creating pressure up the middle of the line of scrimmage. Ultimately, however, the Giants will have to compete with teams that view Suh as a player who can spark a Reggie White-style transformation of a franchise, making an irrelevant or long-suffering franchise suddenly interesting and potentially competitive.

Without question, Suh is the most significant defensive free agent since White picked the Packers in 1993. Former Packers G.M. Ron Wolf recently told PFT Live that White chose Green Bay because of the money the Packers offered, notwithstanding White’s claims of divine intervention. For Suh, the size of the football contract must be compared to the magnitude of the non-football cash possibilities, along with the kind of notoriety that will knock Alex Rodriguez from the back pages of the tabloids.

Whether it’s practical or not, the addition of the Giants to the pursuit of Suh makes a fascinating situation even more intriguing.

• Like 1

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjhytu3ndziyzbknjk1yjkyotkxmze4zjdlntgymdc0-e1418326001820.jpeg?w=228

When defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said in December that his agent will choose his next team, I assumed Suh meant his football agent, Jimmy Sexton. If that’s the case, Sexton likely will select on Suh’s behalf the offer that entails the most money, since the football agent gets paid based on how much money a football player makes playing football.

But what if the agent to whom Suh was referring isn’t his football agent but Suh’s marketing agent, Jay Z? In that case, the marketing agent would be less concerned about football-related revenue and more concerned about off-field earning opportunities, since the marketing agent gets paid based on how much money the player makes away from playing football.

If it’s the latter, a large market like Jay Z’s hometown of New York makes a lot of sense. Coincidentally (or not), Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that the Giants are considering making a run at Suh.

It would make a ton of sense from a football standpoint, since the Giants won their two championships since 2007 based on the strength of the pass rush — with an emphasis (especially against the Patriots) on creating pressure up the middle of the line of scrimmage. Ultimately, however, the Giants will have to compete with teams that view Suh as a player who can spark a Reggie White-style transformation of a franchise, making an irrelevant or long-suffering franchise suddenly interesting and potentially competitive.

Without question, Suh is the most significant defensive free agent since White picked the Packers in 1993. Former Packers G.M. Ron Wolf recently told PFT Live that White chose Green Bay because of the money the Packers offered, notwithstanding White’s claims of divine intervention. For Suh, the size of the football contract must be compared to the magnitude of the non-football cash possibilities, along with the kind of notoriety that will knock Alex Rodriguez from the back pages of the tabloids.

Whether it’s practical or not, the addition of the Giants to the pursuit of Suh makes a fascinating situation even more intriguing.

You can bet the Raiders will be in the mix.

You can bet the Raiders will be in the mix.

Aye, it's gonna be interesting to see how it goes and where he eventually ends up.

• Like 1

LB Stephen Tulloch said today that he's going to be back with the team. There was speculation that he would be cut to free up some money to spend on Suh. He missed almost all of last year due to injury, and Tahir Whitehead stepped in and played well in his place.

Tulloch's a good player and a good leader, and now we'll have both him and Whitehead plus all-pro DeAndre Levy and a second round pick last year, Kyle Van Noy, making up our LB corps. Our defense looks good at LB, S, and DE. Now we need some CB depth.

And maybe a DT or three.

The Lions re-signed Matt Prater for $9 million over three years. I have no idea what's a "good amount" to pay a kicker, but I'm glad to have him back. He played very well for us after a couple of other bums missed a whole bunch of kicks during the first few games last year.

And Mike Florio says it will come down to the Lions and the Dolphins for Suh. http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/03/06/detroit-lions-ndamukong-suh-dolphins/24502977/

The Lions re-signed Matt Prater for $9 million over three years. I have no idea what's a "good amount" to pay a kicker, but I'm glad to have him back. He played very well for us after a couple of other bums missed a whole bunch of kicks during the first few games last year.

And Mike Florio says it will come down to the Lions and the Dolphins for Suh. http://www.freep.com...phins/24502977/

Not sure of state taxes in Florida or Michigan,

But I read it might come down to that. California has huge state tax. So if the Raiders are really interested they will have to make up the difference.

And Mike Florio says it will come down to the Lions and the Dolphins for Suh. http://www.freep.com...phins/24502977/

Not sure of state taxes in Florida or Michigan,

But I read it might come down to that. California has huge state tax. So if the Raiders are really interested they will have to make up the difference.

If it's up to state taxes, the Fins win. The state income tax rate is zero in Florida.

• Like 1

Didn't you guys all you guys who want Suh call him dirty for the last 4 years!?? :oops:

Suh's a dirty player, there's no doubt. Like I said, I'd rather not get him than overpay him.

Didn't you guys all you guys who want Suh call him dirty for the last 4 years!?? :oops:

Suh's a dirty player, there's no doubt. Like I said, I'd rather not get him than overpay him.

Maybe you can get Reggie instead, bring him back home...?