Neil Peart: Mission- The Camera Eye

Del_Duio

I double checked with the tester, and he said there was a shop bug where you couldn't exit if you entered the one on level 13, but that the problem doesn't exist in this latest build (thank God).

The other one still does, but it's really hard to get. You have to exactly complete Neil's drumset on level 14, which is the last level of the cave before the bottom. If you do that and exit the screen, you'll get the "Xanadu Bottom" game over screen, which says you didn't complete the drumset and ran out of real estate. I forgot to include a check at the begining of the Xanadu Bottom level, but I'm adding one in about 15 minutes!

I'll re-upload the new file tomorrow morning from work, so I'm guessing it'll be ready to go around 8-9am EST tomorrow morning. Since this bug is so hard to get (the game tends to get easy when you know where everything is hidden), I'm not freaking out as much as if there was a shop you couldn't exit and had to restart the whole thing over again!

I'm glad you like it, that makes 4 whole people! icon_alienjig.gif

I'm having some troubles with it. I cant do anything when I'm at the main menu. It just sits their playing The Body Electric. sad.gif

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Apr 2 2008, 07:11 PM)
I'm having some troubles with it. I cant do anything when I'm at the main menu. It just sits their playing The Body Electric. sad.gif

Oh sorry buddy!

If you're playing with a keyboard, press either "Z" or "X". It says to do this on the controls option, but unfortunately you need to press "Z" or "X" before it tells you to press "Z" or "X" ohmy.gif

I've uploaded the fixed version now, so if you complete the drumset on level 14 exactly it'll let you win it.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 3 2008, 07:36 AM)
Does the new version work perfect? I'll try it out if it does although I totally suck at games. laugh.gif

Yeah, I think so. The old one did too, except for that one bug that many won't ever get. I did a lot of playtesting myself (I always do) and ran into very few problems ever with it.

It's pretty easy-ish, and there's even an "easy" setting if you really need help.

QUOTE (LaVilla @ Apr 12 2008, 08:07 AM)
Thanks very much for all your hard work in this project, Love the tunes, Love the retro style, Hoping to get into it more later on. Any plans for more games in the future ?

Yes, but no more Neil-themed ones I'm afraid.

I do have some Rush nods in Hasslevania though. The skeleton rock band in it is called "CRUSH" and the members are Alex Deadson, Neil Hurt, and Ghouly Lee. In one scene Neil complains to Ghouly that he doesn't want to play Roll the Bones anymore.

I had to put them in there somewhere once I realized a band was going to be needed, but they're more background characters.

I hope you can get to the end of NP-M:TCE, if only to see how things turn out for Neil. His set has a few surprises on it that I figured would be the plausible natural evolution over 100+ years of drumkits. laugh.gif The ending has its moments too!

P.S: My host Sitesled has been down for awhile today, so if you can't get through that's the reason.

I don't know how long it'll stay up there, but I added a Wikipedia entry for the game here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Peart-_M..._The_Camera_Eye

I can't add a screenshot until 4 more days, since I'm a new user. Oh well, it was sort of fun to learn how to do Wiki crap in general. laugh.gif

Thanks for checking it out. They did take the Wikipedia entry down (the bastards) but it was fun for the week it was up there laugh.gif

Try the game on the easier setting if you're having trouble. There's no real penalty involved in doing so, and you'll get more By-Tor shops and some extra things that are removed for the normal game setting.

The ending scene might be worth the trouble, since the real Rush won't ever play The Camera Eye for us. fists crying.gif

Oh well, maybe in 2111 they will. wink.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 20 2008, 10:05 AM)
Thanks for checking it out. They did take the Wikipedia entry down (the bastards) but it was fun for the week it was up there laugh.gif

Try the game on the easier setting if you're having trouble. There's no real penalty involved in doing so, and you'll get more By-Tor shops and some extra things that are removed for the normal game setting.

The ending scene might be worth the trouble, since the real Rush won't ever play The Camera Eye for us. fists crying.gif

Oh well, maybe in 2111 they will. wink.gif

haha i still havent won, but this is entertaining.........

funny too...

nice work....

They're always active, so as long as they show in your stock you can walk over floor spikes and not get hit with any time penatlies. (The same thing goes for The Macallan, if you find that later).

Kind of weird making this and then having the actual John Rutsey die a couple of months later. I'm glad I didn't paint him in an awful light, thank God.

For the record, towards the end of the game when Neil escapes Xanadu you can have 1-3 characters waving "goodbye" to him, depending on certain requirements you fufill in-game. For John Rutsey, you just have to find him. For Snowdog you need to get The Macallan, and for By Tor I think you have to find at least 2 of his shops. It's been awhile, you'd think I'd know something like that 100% too ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 21 2008, 07:18 AM)
They're always active, so as long as they show in your stock you can walk over floor spikes and not get hit with any time penatlies. (The same thing goes for The Macallan, if you find that later).

Kind of weird making this and then having the actual John Rutsey die a couple of months later. I'm glad I didn't paint him in an awful light, thank God.

For the record, towards the end of the game when Neil escapes Xanadu you can have 1-3 characters waving "goodbye" to him, depending on certain requirements you fufill in-game. For John Rutsey, you just have to find him. For Snowdog you need to get The Macallan, and for By Tor I think you have to find at least 2 of his shops. It's been awhile, you'd think I'd know something like that 100% too ohmy.gif

they were in my treasures so i tried walking over a spike and i still got hit.

but still good game!:)

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 21 2008, 01:18 PM)

Hey, you made another way that he can be with us forever. smile.gif trink39.gif

Whoah, I thought this thread had long been abandonded!

I was on a well-needed week's vacation but I'm here now to say that although John Rutsey is in the game, he doesn't actually do any drumming in it. If you lose, there's a shot of Neil a'la Captain Kirk from Wrath of Khan all going "KHAAAAAANNN!!!!" and it says that the Camera Eye was never played again.

Star Trek geeks will know what I'm talking about laugh.gif

QUOTE (The_Analog_Kid @ Jul 15 2008, 09:25 AM)
i cant get it to work sad.gif

You may need to unzip the thing to get it to work. I know sometimes people like to play games while they're still in compressed format and MMF doesn't work while compressed.

From your NPMTCE folder, you'll see the .exe, a readme, and there's also a file called cncs233.dll or something like that. The game needs to be in the same folder as this .dll file to run. If you've moved it, just put it back into the folder and run it from there. I usually make a shortcut from the game in the folder and put it on my desktop for ease of use.

If all else fails you could try right-clicking on the .exe file and running the game in another compatibility mode like Win98, or WinXP if you have Vista.

I haven't heard of this not working on anybody's machine yet so one of these should be the right solution.

rofl3.gif This game was amazing. tongue.gif

AND IT ROCKS!! 1022.gif

Actually it was incredibly frusterating because there's no saving points or anything and if you lose, you have ta start from the beginning again, so that's terrible, but WINNING WAS WORTH IT! laugh.gif

I finally won! After so long I've finally won! biggrin.gif cheer.gif 2.gif

Maybe I should try it on Normal now...

Anyways, great game! Loved it! There's just one thing I've been wondering, is Normal any different then easy? I've been on the first few levels and didn't see much of a difference, but if there's something i'm missing I'd love to know about it.

Again, great game! Are there any sequels? wink.gif

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 13 2008, 10:50 PM)
I finally won! After so long I've finally won! biggrin.gif cheer.gif 2.gif

Maybe I should try it on Normal now...

Anyways, great game! Loved it! There's just one thing I've been wondering, is Normal any different then easy? I've been on the first few levels and didn't see much of a difference, but if there's something i'm missing I'd love to know about it.

Again, great game! Are there any sequels? wink.gif

First, thanks a lot that means a bunch to me that fellow Rush fans enjoy this!

The normal game is harder in that your max time possible is capped at 255 seconds (instead of 300 in easy mode), silver clocks are not found normally within the levels, and if I'm not mistaken I think there's only 2 hidden By Tor shops instead of easy mode's 4. (It's been awhile, you think I'd remember this! laugh.gif )

The Good News First is that playing either easy or normal has no effect on the game's ending at all. You can still see if The Camera Eye gets played or not on either mode, and the scenes are still the same length and etc.

As for a sequel, there are none right now because I'm really busy with another game, but I already know how the sequel will go. I think it's funny, but I likely won't be the guy to make it.

Synopsis: England, 1985. RUSH were in the middle of recording their seminal "keyboard era" album, Power Windows. On the first day, guitarist mega-god Alex Lifeson laid down his guitar tracks for all 8 songs. His input was minimal, as Neil and Geddy were full-on pushing towards the new age of synth and bells n' horns, which will take up the rest of the giant recording process. With his guitar tracks done in a single day and nothing else to do.. WHAT THE HELL SHOULD HE DO WITH ALL THIS NEWFOUND FREE TIME???

Alex exits.. stage left and out of the studio, downstairs and into the basement of the place. Who would have guessed that the cellar of this joint was also an interdimensional portal of evil?! Alex grabs his Gibson ES-355 and some spare picks and enters the demon portal..

Will Geddy and Neil allow more guitar in Power Windows? Will Alex hit the snack machines on the way down to the intermensional portal of evil? Will they ever be able to get the stink of the boys' choir out of the studio after the 'Marathon' recording sessions? Find out all this and more in..

LERXST'S DAY OUT