My band teacher says I'm famous!!

Steel Rat

tongue.gif YES! You were RIGHT!

My concert thingie's tomorrow! We're playing my peice in it!

Clarified? smile.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 25 2005, 08:32 PM)
tongue.gif YES! You were RIGHT!

My concert thingie's tomorrow! We're playing my peice in it!

Clarified? smile.gif

oh...lol yay! lol well good luck again!! you piece will be the star of the show..I bet! biggrin.gif

Congrats, Rat. Regardless of how the band performs it, it's still an incredible feat to have written such a piece! Can't wait to hear some of it!

trink39.gif

The aftermath-

I could see the dramatic look in my director's eye as he was explaining the peice. We prepared to play the it, and I was shaking and sweating crazily from the nervousness. I almost broke down right there and felt like stopping the director from starting. But I couldn't. There was only one direction to go now and that was to play the peice.

The director counted the beats and started the tempo...

"1... 2... 3......."

It felt like forever for him to get to four. I was overwhelmed with excitement... billions of thoughts going through my head. Would it be awesome? Or would it be direly horrible?

"...4..."

The one word shot through my head and the trumpets started the melody...

It was utterly amazing. There is no possible way for me or anyone to express what I felt right then. My mouth developed a cottony taste and I couldn't feel anything. I was shaking vigorously, overcome with joy. I couldn't help but tear up for the entire time I played the peice.

I also noticed other people having trouble keeping a straight face while they were playing it.

Then it was over.

Everyone was speechless... They looked back up at me, almost as amazed as I was.

Then out of the silence, one of the baritone players said "We are DEFINITELY going to play this for contest..."

Everyone agreed.

biggrin.gif My story of the day! biggrin.gif

blush4.gif Thank you everyone for being there with me!

If only all of you could have heard it...

And I would presume that the song is very prog? If so I can totally relate. I have a song that is close to wrapping up called The Flough that clocks in at around 25 minutes. Very proggy, lots-o-keyboards wub.gif, weird time sigs & thoughtful lyrics.

Best of luck on your piece!!!

That's awesome, Rat!! common001.gif

Glad it went over so well with the bandmates! Now, in a week or so, after they've practiced it a bit, get a recorder in there and then post something for us to listen to!!

biggrin.gif

common001.gif trink39.gif common001.gif trink39.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 26 2005, 05:47 PM)
The aftermath-

I could see the dramatic look in my director's eye as he was explaining the peice. We prepared to play the it, and I was shaking and sweating crazily from the nervousness. I almost broke down right there and felt like stopping the director from starting. But I couldn't. There was only one direction to go now and that was to play the peice.

The director counted the beats and started the tempo...

"1... 2... 3......."

It felt like forever for him to get to four. I was overwhelmed with excitement... billions of thoughts going through my head. Would it be awesome? Or would it be direly horrible?

"...4..."

The one word shot through my head and the trumpets started the melody...

It was utterly amazing. There is no possible way for me or anyone to express what I felt right then. My mouth developed a cottony taste and I couldn't feel anything. I was shaking vigorously, overcome with joy. I couldn't help but tear up for the entire time I played the peice.

I also noticed other people having trouble keeping a straight face while they were playing it.

Then it was over.

Everyone was speechless... They looked back up at me, almost as amazed as I was.

Then out of the silence, one of the baritone players said "We are DEFINITELY going to play this for contest..."

Everyone agreed.

biggrin.gif My story of the day! biggrin.gif

Excellent!!! Proud for you, Rat!! It's a feeling you'll want to repeat as many times in your life as possible. And I'm sure you will. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Archived