2008 - 06/28 - St Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Don't think you have to worry about cancelation.....Last year it rained pretty good most of the afternoon before the show. Stopped about 2hrs before and it was a beautiful night! cool.gif Tickets listed as 'rain or shine' As of now the weather forcast is for 90deg. and slight chance of rain for next weekend. BUT this is MISSOURI - if you don't like the weather, just wait 10mins, it'll change! OR so they say laugh.gif

As for getting in, I believe the gates open at 6, but might be 7pm, no info posted at venue web site yet. Traffic isn't bad getting in now that they include cost of parking with ticket price; it's getting out that's bad!!!! yes.gif Bring a cooler and plan to sit and wait to get out. (Took us about 45 minutes last time before we could even pull out of our parking space.) The good thing is the cops don't mess with you if you sit and tail gate AFTER the show while waiting to leave, so it kinda turns into a parking lot party after.

Just DO NOT try and tail gate or party in your car before the show.....the cops are real assholes! I have seen them ID people, make them dumb out beer and bust them for cool10.gif Etc. So beware!!! that would not be a good way to start out the night no.gif no.gif

See ya all soon common001.gif cheer.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mystic, you're right, it sure did rain that day. I guess I forgot about it because I was so thrilled I was able to listen to them doing the sound check. My job was just across the parking lot from the venue, so I clocked out at 3:30pm and sat on the hood of my car, eating dinner. I heard Limelight and Entre Nous. My coworkers thought I was crazy. I had an excellent parking spot so there was no need to move. I brought a book, so that tied me over until showtime. I remember sitting on the lawn with a ground cover and getting kind of damp. I was so excited, I didn't care.

As far as traffic, there's a less traveled back way that I use, so I won't see any traffic going towards it.

I'm so excited, I'm about to burst!

I hope the vendors are selling that black v-neck shirt with the foiled R logo on the pocket-side. (saw it on Showtech). I guess I'll wear my 2007 S&A tank just in case.

COOL....we'll all be in various RUSH shirts....haven't decieded which one yet....too many to choose from.

2 days....just 2 days!!!!!!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

sorry...I'm just a little excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Looked at the Forecast for St.Louis this Saturday

It's calling for scattered T-Storms in the morning, going into partly cloudy in the evening. High of only 86. So I'm guessing it will be in the upper 60's come Concert time.

Looks like it is going to be a real comfortable concert, the only negative thing is that those with lawn seats (not me fortunatly) will have to deal with a wet lawn, but that's about it.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

26hrs, 20 mins and counting!!!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

I'm counting it too... can't help it. I lead a very dull life, so this is my highlight so far this year.

Are you guys leaving your cars at D&B, or are you parking at the venue parking lot?

I don't think you can leave your car at D & Bs...I don't think they have a shuttle service. confused13.gif

And It's a little far to walk it.....specially after trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

>24hrs....... biggrin.gif 1022.gif 653.gif common001.gif GeddyFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

We're am leaving here at around 7 tommorow morning. It's a 5-6 hour drive from Middle Tennesse to St.Louis. We are stayin @ the Hampton Inn that's closest to the venue.

That could be a good meetup place after the show!

QUOTE (mystic @ Jun 27 2008, 10:05 PM)
I don't think you can leave your car at D & Bs...I don't think they have a shuttle service. confused13.gif

And It's a little far to walk it.....specially after trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif
rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

>24hrs....... biggrin.gif 1022.gif 653.gif common001.gif GeddyFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

Original Fan was asking me, and I wasn't sure. I thought it might be a 15 minute walk to the venue. I used to work in the building directly on the parking lot as the venue and we used to walk to D&B's for lunch.

I'll see you guys at D&B's.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif good morninnnnnnnngggggg ST. LOUIS!!! see ya all tonight..... 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

D & B should be busting with Fans!! I have been on all the forums this morning and there are groups from Counterparte, the rush tour forum and RIAB also coming. It's gonna be GREAT!!! 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

We will probably be there about 4:30....if the sitter shows up on time

I guess I'll roll in between 5:30p-6:30p. I'm coming by myself, and I would be bored wandering around for all that time before the concert.

Damn that was a long Drive! 6 hours from Middle Tennessee. But Had a good mix of music. A Rush, Dream Theater, David Bowie, Beatles mix!

We will probably get to D&B around 4 or so. I will see how many seats/tables we might be able to get together. As I said I couldn't get anything reserved so hopefully there will be a section open.

Was that not a kick a@# show!!!!! It was so great to meet everyone... it was so surreal, because I'm so used to seeing your cyber selves. Rush fans are the best!!! My head is throbbing, so I'll catch you guys tomorrow.

Original Fan and Mystic - we Rush women ROCK!!!!! Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Missionman,

I hope you had a WONDERFUL TIME at the show.........in fact, I KNOW YOU DID!!!!!!!! bncegrn.gif common001.gif common001.gif trink39.gif Believe me, I was with you all in spirit, and sure wished I could have been with you all in person!!!!! trink39.gif yes.gif

There's just nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, AS FUN, FULFILLING, AND MAGICAL AS A RUSH CONCERT!!!!!!! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif RUSH ABSOLUTELY RULES!!!!!!!!

I hope to see you again, at some time in the future!!!!! trink39.gif yes.gif yes.gif Take care, and RUSH ON!!!!!!!! trink39.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Archived