• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 The Owl

The Owl

Gary #2

• Members *
  • 13987 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:12 PM

We're am leaving here at around 7 tommorow morning.  It's a 5-6 hour drive from Middle Tennesse to St.Louis.  We are stayin @ the Hampton Inn that's closest to the venue.  

That could be a good meetup place after the show!

Sponsored Post

#62 Lrigyttiw

Lrigyttiw

The Seeker

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Rush, making music, books (Atlas Shrugged - absolute favorite!)

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (mystic @ Jun 27 2008, 10:05 PM)
I don't think you can leave your car at D & Bs...I don't think they have a shuttle service. confused13.gif

And It's a little far to walk it.....specially after  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif
rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

>24hrs....... biggrin.gif  1022.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif

Original Fan was asking me, and I wasn't sure. I thought it might be a 15 minute walk to the venue. I used to work in the building directly on the parking lot as the venue and we used to walk to D&B's for lunch.

I'll see you guys at D&B's.  

#63 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts
  • Interests:airplanes and rockets

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:18 AM

17 hours till SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!

On that note...I'm  bolt.gif

Off to schla03.gif  

#64 The Owl

The Owl

Gary #2

• Members *
  • 13987 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

12 hours 10 minutes!

I am about to leave the house as I type.  

#65 mystic

mystic

The Seeker

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:My kids are always my first priority and greatest joy!<br><br>I love rock concerts, esp. Rush - of course!<br><br>I'll do almost anything to have some fun!<br>I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing cards (poker!) and a little 4:20 too!! <br>I like camping, canoeing, fishing,hunting, movies, crafts and scrapbooking

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  

#66 mystic

mystic

The Seeker

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:My kids are always my first priority and greatest joy!<br><br>I love rock concerts, esp. Rush - of course!<br><br>I'll do almost anything to have some fun!<br>I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing cards (poker!) and a little 4:20 too!! <br>I like camping, canoeing, fishing,hunting, movies, crafts and scrapbooking

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

trink39.gif good morninnnnnnnngggggg ST. LOUIS!!!   see ya all tonight..... 2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  

#67 Lrigyttiw

Lrigyttiw

The Seeker

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

I can't believe it's today!!! All that waiting since February....

what time are you getting to D&B's? I'm meeting Original Fan there.

#68 mystic

mystic

The Seeker

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

D & B should be busting with Fans!!  I have been on all the forums this morning and there are groups from Counterparte, the rush tour forum and RIAB also coming.  It's gonna be GREAT!!! 653.gif  653.gif  653.gif  653.gif  653.gif

We will probably be there about 4:30....if the sitter shows up on time

Edited by mystic, 28 June 2008 - 09:57 AM.

#69 Lrigyttiw

Lrigyttiw

The Seeker

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

I guess I'll roll in between 5:30p-6:30p. I'm coming by myself, and I would be bored wandering around for all that time before the concert.  

#70 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

7 hours 20 minutes till  2.gif

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  

#71 The Owl

The Owl

Gary #2

• Members *
  • 13987 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

Damn that was a long Drive!  6 hours from Middle Tennessee.  But Had a good mix of music.  A Rush, Dream Theater, David Bowie, Beatles mix!

We will probably get to D&B around 4 or so.  I will see how many seats/tables we might be able to get together.  As I said I couldn't get anything reserved so hopefully there will be a section open.  

#72 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

COOL! Sounds great!  be there asap
MM & mystic
2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  

#73 The Owl

The Owl

Gary #2

• Members *
  • 13987 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

What a great show! Damn, am I exhausted, and my voice is about gone.  But it was one hellova time!  I enjoyed meeting everybody.  

#74 Lrigyttiw

Lrigyttiw

The Seeker

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

Was that not a kick a@# show!!!!! It was so great to meet everyone... it was so surreal, because I'm so used to seeing your cyber selves. Rush fans are the best!!! My head is throbbing, so I'll catch you guys tomorrow.

Original Fan and Mystic - we Rush women ROCK!!!!! Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

#75 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:03 AM

Missionman,
I hope you had a WONDERFUL TIME at the show.........in fact, I KNOW YOU DID!!!!!!!! bncegrn.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  trink39.gif Believe me, I was with you all in spirit, and sure wished I could have been with you all in person!!!!! trink39.gif  yes.gif

There's just nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, AS FUN, FULFILLING, AND MAGICAL AS A RUSH CONCERT!!!!!!! common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif RUSH ABSOLUTELY RULES!!!!!!!!

I hope to see you again, at some time in the future!!!!! trink39.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif Take care, and RUSH ON!!!!!!!! trink39.gif  1022.gif  2.gif  

#76 mystic

mystic

The Seeker

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

sad.gif  IS it over......NNNNOOOOOOOOO!?!?!?!? fists crying.gif

OMG  the boys were on last night!!!! 1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif   It was 4 am before we quit parting and went home.....I had such a BLAST last night!

GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!  Geddy and Alex seemed to be playing around alot and having a really good time!  Geddy sounded AWSOME!! and I would swear the show was louder this year....my ears are STILL RINGING!!  AND I LOVE IT!!!!

To every one who showed at D&B it was a BLAST....I really enjoyed meeting everyone!  Last night was just AWSOME!

Original Fan and Lrigyttiw....It was so cool to meet other  2.gif  women.....YEAH...You gals ROCK!!  wub.gif  its nice to be able to put a real face with your names!  I definately hope we can meet up in the future!
Did the kids enjoy the show???

Now the post show, Rush withdraw depression starts..... fists crying.gif  fists crying.gif

Till next time........ 2.gif ON and ON and ON!!!

#77 OriginalFan

OriginalFan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1438 posts
  • Interests:Stargazing, camping & hiking, being outdoors, music of all kinds, cooking, wine, coffee, exploring new places, meeting new people. Philosophy, anthropology, history, reading, playing Scrabble, opera.

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (mystic @ Jun 29 2008, 09:24 AM)
sad.gif  IS it over......NNNNOOOOOOOOO!?!?!?!? fists crying.gif

OMG  the boys were on last night!!!! 1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif   It was 4 am before we quit parting and went home.....I had such a BLAST last night!

GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!  Geddy and Alex seemed to be playing around alot and having a really good time!  Geddy sounded AWSOME!! and I would swear the show was louder this year....my ears are STILL RINGING!!  AND I LOVE IT!!!!

To every one who showed at D&B it was a BLAST....I really enjoyed meeting everyone!  Last night was just AWSOME!

Original Fan and Lrigyttiw....It was so cool to meet other  2.gif  women.....YEAH...You gals ROCK!!  wub.gif  its nice to be able to put a real face with your names!  I definately hope we can meet up in the future!
Did the kids enjoy the show???

Now the post show, Rush withdraw depression starts..... fists crying.gif  fists crying.gif

Till next time........ 2.gif ON and ON and ON!!!

rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Oh yeah, the post-show let down...  fists crying.gif

Kids had a great time - wish I could have hung with you guys post-show but you know how it goes with needing to be a *good role model* for them (especially my very impressionable daughter).  wink.gif

I've got a bunch of pictures - some actually came out pretty good!  Will post them a bit later tonight when I have more time.

It was so great to meet you guys and get faces for names!  Mystic, I think I owe you some $ for that blue popsicle shooter, hon... laugh.gif

K

#78 scottw

scottw

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

I was there fourth row dead center.  Never been that close ever, but that record will be broken tomorrow in Cincy as I will be 2nd row Pit in front of Alex.

Weirdest thing for me was having to turn to look to the right to see what Geddy was doing, then back to the left to see what Al was doing, and did that all night.  From that close if you are watching one of them, even Neil, you can't see what the other two are doing.  Not used to that, but I got used to it!  Really felt the heat at the end of OLV and enjoyed watching the facial expressions of the guys, especially when communicating with each other.  

Terrific show as always.  Lot of energy for a third show in four nights for them, including 400 miles from Milwaukee to St. Louis in about 20 hours.

VERY happy with the weather.  I got into STL on Friday and the heat and humidity were oppressive.  MUCH better day on Saturday for the show.

2.gif  

#79 mystic

mystic

The Seeker

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

rofl3.gif  wacko.gif

No...the popcicle was my treat and my pleasure!!   wub.gif
Those were YUMMY!! yes.gif

So glad to hear the kids had a good time!  I know what you mean about the 'impressionable' ones....that why we don't bring our kids...YET!  Soon, probably bring them to the next tour, they should be old enough by then.

We definately had a good buzz by the end of the night...morning...whatever! yes.gif   HAD A BLAST!!

I have a few good shots, but most of them were blurry....below is the photo bucket link.  Hope to see everyone elses' soon!
st. louis photos 6/28/08

Take care everyone......See ya around the forum!

2.gif ROCKS!

Edited by mystic, 29 June 2008 - 10:15 PM.

#80 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

^^^^^YEAH!!!!! What she said smile.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users